Wiki Posts
Search

Booking confirmation and Agoda

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Booking confirmation and Agoda

Hi,
I use booking websites for the facility of free cancellation before anything paid and if they give a better price than direct.
I have used Agoda before with no problems. Mostly for Asia.
Yesterday, I booked a hotel in Cambodia on a Flash Sale offer on Agoda. A reasonable discount on the other booking websites and what I could get directly.
I noticed that Agoda gives a very sparse booking confirmation email and hotel voucher. Does not give the added extras that showed during the booking process ( eg free airport transfers etc ) and does not show that the price I agreed with Agoda was the final one, inclusive of taxes. Just gives a Final Price and the date payable.
The hotel is disputing the rate I got via Agoda. Says it cannot possibly be after taxes. I have repeated the booking process today and taken screen shots of where it gives the price and where it says that it DOES include taxes and service tax. The price today is the same as I contracted for yesterday.
I just wish the Agoda confirmation was more explicit on what the price included.
Is there anything else I can do to make sure that the hotel 1. honours my booking via Agoda and 2. honours the price inclusive of taxes as shown during the Agoda booking process ( but not explicitly on the confirmation email ) ?
Has this been an issue for anyone else ie getting a bill for taxes or another rate when you were sure you had agreed a price that included it ?
The Agoda rate saves me Ł80 for my trip on any rate I can get elsewhere, including directly from the hotel.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Update : while Agoda customer services did not have much to say on the phone, they resolved the issue. It looks like they leaned on the hotel to issue me a confirmation with all the details I asked for.
Well done Agoda. But they do need to give more information on their booking confirmations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.