FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies-204/)
-   -   Free Ticket? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/1688009-free-ticket.html)

duniawala Jun 15, 2015 9:49 pm

Free Ticket?

I bought a ticket for my daughter JFK-SYD thru Kayak.com. I paid for it with my debit card. I saw the debit card posting on my bank statement (online) as pending. Normally such transactions take a day or two to clear. However a few days later the posting disappeared but no money was taken.

The agency issued the ticket (with ticket number) and I called them to find out why they didn't take the money. The agent assured me they got paid. So I called Qantas (I did not want my daughter to get bumped off the flight at the last minute). But Qantas insisted every thing was ok. No problem.

Yesterday my daughter got on the flight and reached SYD.

So did I get a free ticket. If not, how many days till I get re-billed. Anyone else have a similar situation?

TravelerMSY Jun 15, 2015 10:00 pm

Maybe it's your lucky day.

djibouti Jun 15, 2015 10:26 pm

Free Ticket?

How long ago did you buy it? If it's a bank error it will likely get caught eventually. They reconcile accounts every now and again. But if it's an error on kayak's end maybe they'll never notice... still will likely realize it eventually. Either way, written documentation that you've brought it to their attention and they said you don't owe might be a good idea, especially with the bank.

CDKing Jun 15, 2015 10:39 pm

Its not uncommon for pending charge to drop off and a couple days later the actual charge posts.

obscure2k Jun 15, 2015 11:21 pm

Please continue to follow this thread in Online Booking Forums.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

LondonElite Jun 16, 2015 2:49 am

There is no 'u' in QANTAS!

duniawala Jun 16, 2015 3:44 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 24977030)
There is no 'u' in QANTAS!

oops.
:o

duniawala Jun 16, 2015 3:47 am

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 24976529)
Its not uncommon for pending charge to drop off and a couple days later the actual charge posts.

I purchased the ticket on May 28th. As of today it hasn't reappeared. Who knows I might get lucky.

duniawala Jun 16, 2015 3:48 am

Originally Posted by djibouti (Post 24976475)
How long ago did you buy it? If it's a bank error it will likely get caught eventually. They reconcile accounts every now and again. But if it's an error on kayak's end maybe they'll never notice... still will likely realize it eventually. Either way, written documentation that you've brought it to their attention and they said you don't owe might be a good idea, especially with the bank.

I don't think it's at my bank's end. I bought the ticket on May 28th.

limtedd Jun 18, 2015 11:01 pm

Agree! ;)

Originally Posted by TravelerMSY (Post 24976379)
Maybe it's your lucky day.