Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

[Priceline] Question regarding the hotel NYOP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:15 am
Original Poster

I was bidding on PL for two nights in NYC but PL refused my bidding.
However, PL offers me the "Express deal" which is a 3-Star hotel located near Empire State building for only 113 per night.
I have to admit that the price for me is not so bad considering the location
and I also checked the 3-star hotel listing on Expedia and it seems that
3-Star hotels are not that bad as well. The only clue that PL gave me is that
the hotel is pet-friendly.
So, any idea what hotel it is?

Thank you!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:14 pm

What you can do is look at Priceline's regular listings for that date, and then narrow it down by location and pet-friendly and 3*. Assume that you will get only one double bed, as a worst-case scenario, if that makes any difference.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:17 pm

If Priceline is not specifically bragging that the hotel has a 7+ rating, that *might* be a sign that it is rated worse. No guarantee, though.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:21 am
B1

There is a link on Priceline Express labeled "What hotel". Sometimes it gives a list and you can try matching the star level. The Priceline Express site will show the percent discount and user score. A little math will tell you the regular price. So then you have the zone, star level, user score, and regular price. With that available, go to the normal Priceline site and find the hotel or hotels that match the information. You can read the reviews and decide. A key point is how much of a discount the price being listed is from the regular price. If the difference is small, it's probably not worth your uncertainty.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:19 pm

Check out betterbidding.com I haven't used it in a while but I remember they have (had) lists of hotels by city and area for both hotwire and priceline and they would tell you what hotels people had won with the particular amenities listed. I would expect that for a popular destination like NYC they'll probably have pretty accurate information. I wouldn't bother posting on their forum though. If you thought FT can be abrasive at times, any time you post without using their links they get a little perturbed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.