Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Ok to book faregeek or fare depot?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:08 am
Original Poster

The names are so similar and I am finding bad reviews online that tickets were not honored or changed without permission...but of course when it runs smoothly no one files a good review lol.

My flight would leave feb 20 so I don't have time for issues x__x
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:20 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
What route are you wanting to book?
What price are they offering?
What price are other OTA's or airlines offering?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Never mind after trying every site I could think of I found the same fare on one I know.

Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Interesting question aerospace23 and welcome to Flyertalk.

Although you've booked your trip already, we're moving this discussion to the Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies forum for further discussion.

Mind sharing where you booked this at eventually?

~beckoa co-moderator Information Desk
Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:39 pm

Reference : Flight Reservation: OJJAJI
Faredepot is a fraud company which attracts you showing cheap prices and traps you if by any chance you need to reschedule your trip. Worst experience which made me decide never to go with these less known greedy sites (with zero customer ethics) even if they offer lower prices.

On Aug 4th 2014, I purchased two air tickets in Etihad airlines through faredepot for me and my wife to fly from LA to Trivandrum and back. The journey was planned on December and due to some unforeseen events, I had to postpone the trip by a week. I approached Faredepot first to get this rescheduled, but they quoted a change fee+ penalty that was more that a fresh ticket's to-and-fro flight charges available for Etihad at the same time. This was completely unacceptable to me and I checked with them what would be my refund if I cancel the tickets. They informed that I would have zero refund if I cancel this !! They were mentioning that the money has gone to Etihad and not to them and to contact Etihad for any refund request. When I called up Etihad, they told that since I booked through faredepot, they are helpless and I have to go through faredepot to get any refund.

Whole of Nov 2014, I have been in discussion with their customer service to figure out a solution. Two instances worth mentioning here. At one point, I asked the customer care rep to escalate the call and place me in call with a customer service manager. He was reluctant. I told that I am not going to disconnect the call unless I get to speak with a higher official. They muted my line and I was on hold for 20 mins and finally they disconnected the call. Initially when I asked them if they could change just one person's departure date, they told that it is not possible. But after two weeks when I was getting frustrated (and by that time the ticket cost got higher) they told that they can do it and denied it completely that they told it the other way initially.

Their excuse is that the contract is between the payer and airlines and they cannot do much on this. This is when, you find plenty of local agents who helps the customer during unforeseen changes/delays. I lost almost $1500 with them and I am hell ashamed to have been fooled by them
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:29 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by VishnuS
Reference : Flight Reservation: OJJAJI
Faredepot is a fraud company which attracts you showing cheap prices and traps you if by any chance you need to reschedule your trip. Worst experience which made me decide never to go with these less known greedy sites (with zero customer ethics) even if they offer lower prices.

On Aug 4th 2014, I purchased two air tickets in Etihad airlines through faredepot for me and my wife to fly from LA to Trivandrum and back. The journey was planned on December and due to some unforeseen events, I had to postpone the trip by a week. I approached Faredepot first to get this rescheduled, but they quoted a change fee+ penalty that was more that a fresh ticket's to-and-fro flight charges available for Etihad at the same time. This was completely unacceptable to me and I checked with them what would be my refund if I cancel the tickets. They informed that I would have zero refund if I cancel this !! They were mentioning that the money has gone to Etihad and not to them and to contact Etihad for any refund request. When I called up Etihad, they told that since I booked through faredepot, they are helpless and I have to go through faredepot to get any refund.
When you originally booked did you read the fare rules regarding changes and cancellations?

Many deeply discounted fares allow no changes or have a very high change fee, and many are non-refundable. It is up to you to understand these when purchasing.

If you wanted a more flexible ticket that allowed changes/cancellations it would invariably cost a lot more.

Unless you have evidence that the travel agent is charging more for changes/cancellations than when originally purchased, no fraud has occurred. Probably a good lesson in reading and understanding the terms and conditions fully before purchasing things in future.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 2:51 am

on April 24 2016 i purchase a flight ticket to natal Brazil on line from FARE Depot.COM, on the amount of $587.71, at the day of the flight,august 13 2016 at checking baggage and ticket counter i got a surprised information that my plane ticket was cancel,. after calling over 3 hours back and forward the airline main office and the travel agency, no one can't give me an explanation why my flight was cancel,i lost the flight, them. i was told i will get full refund, but never happen. I'm about to file a dispute in small claims court, against faredepot.com,They are totally fraudulent company
Old Jan 16, 2018, 9:13 am

Faredepot knowingly sold an international ticket to a 2yr-old without an adult

Before booking with Faredepot, do a search for FAREDEPOT on the following websites and read all the reviews about them at the following websites:
Trustpilot dot com & Sitejabber dot com

I Received an email stating my wife and 2-year old son's airline e-tickets were confirmed along with a record locator number. On the day of our trip, when attempting to check in, only my 2-year old son's ticket was purchased and not my wife's ticket. Faredepot claimed my credit card was declined. I received no correspondence from Faredepot stating my credit card was declined. Even though they claimed my credit card was declined, they still sold me my 2-year old son's international ticket WITHOUT an accompanying adult ticket. According to USDOT, FAA, and all major airlines, Children under 5 years of age may not travel alone under any circumstances. Yet, Faredepot still sold me a ticket for my 2-year old. My wife had to pay for an adult international ticket at the ticket counter of the airport on the day of their flight which cost over $2500. They claimed they contacted me immediately about the declined card. I was not contacted. I contacted my credit card company and they have no record of my credit card being declined, only a single charge for my 2 year-old son's ticket without an accompanying adult. They told me they would refund me my money. They never did. They claimed they would investigate and they would get back to me. They never did. Liars and deceitful business. DO NOT do business with Faredepot.

Last edited by Reed.richards; Jan 16, 2018 at 9:17 am Reason: Spelling error

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.