Any experience with justfly.com?

Reply

Old Feb 16, 15, 4:51 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2
Any experience with justfly.com?

I'm looking at different itineraries for an open-jaw trip to Europe this summer on Kayak, and a website called "justfly.com" always comes up cheapest.

I've only seen them on the results list for 2-3 weeks now, with consistently low fares. Their website looks modern and easy-to-use. They're registered in Canada, owned by a company called "8982937 Canada Inc." - a bit sketchy, judging by the name.

Has anyone had any experiences with them?
Thanks.
jakobw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 15, 8:42 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SEA
Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Posts: 2,364
Do you trust the owner's face?
https://www.facebook.com/david.linkletter.5

I am not a big fan of using third parties to book plane tickets. Please be sure to read the extra fees they charge, in addition to the airline's fees, if you need to make any changes. Their prices aren't "live", so what you are being shown may not actually be available. I wouldn't use them.

More info on them:

http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Prince...100773934.html

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/Corp...corpId=8982937

Last edited by 6rugrats; Feb 16, 15 at 8:49 pm
6rugrats is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 15, 7:36 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by 6rugrats View Post
Do you trust the owner's face?
https://www.facebook.com/david.linkletter.5
I admit, I was on the fence about this company, but your link to the owner's FB pushed me over to the "no" side. This looks like an inexperienced operation (their business hours are 8-12 every day) owned by someone who does not seem to have much experience with travel.

How did you find out the owner's name?

Thanks again.
jakobw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 15, 2:37 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10
Seems like a FlightHub.com clone........

http://www.justfly.com/terms-and-conditions
http://www.flighthub.com/terms-and-conditions

http://www.flighthub.com/privacy-policy
http://www.justfly.com/privacy-policy

Both have the same booking process, same Daily Promotion Discount - $19.00 and are on the same server..................

It is interesting that the owner's name is same as the street address ?!?!?!
99Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 15, 4:34 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: SFO
Posts: 32
They're one reason I signed up here. I was curious about them, too.

I found a fare that was just slightly cheaper than going directly through the airline, but I'd rather pay the extra $20 and go direct than risk it with an unfamiliar site.
DillPickles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 15, 12:10 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Angry Never again

Recently made a booking via Justfly after finding the best rates with them and I simply would not do business with them again. Should a circumstance arise that would call for you to deal with customer service, you better believe it will be an overwhelming and taxing experience. In an attempt to upgrade my trip to business class, I contacted customer service where a representative kept me on the phone providing me incorrect information for an hour. Called back to speak to a supervisor and the representative would not allow me to do so until they rectified my situation (if they were able to, obviously I wouldn't need to speak to a supervisor). After an hour with the second representative, I finally was able to unlock a supervisor who gave me the information I needed and asked me to call him back to have it finalized. He told me to ask for him to have it straightened out. Of course, when I called back and explained I wanted to speak directly to them, this third representative wouldn't transfer the call to him. Gave me incorrect information (yet again). SO frustrating because it's like they are incapable of listening to anything you are saying. Blew a short fuse in the first five minutes and I'm usually very calm and understanding of the limitations of customer service representatives. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm probably just going to cancel my ticket with them and book an entirely new one on the airline's website.

If you are just looking for a cheap rate and you don't see yourself having to deal with customer service, then go for it. Online transaction was relatively fast and straight forward; booking was validated by airline immediately.
coconut cookie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 15, 2:52 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Posts: 6,582
This seems to be a pretty consistent message from a lot of posts in the OTA thread regarding lesser-known OTAs - if the trip goes as planned, no real issues, but if anything goes awry or you need to make any changes, it completely goes off the rails.
cestmoi123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 15, 2:44 am
  #8  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by coconut cookie View Post
Recently made a booking via Justfly after finding the best rates with them and I simply would not do business with them again. Should a circumstance arise that would call for you to deal with customer service, you better believe it will be an overwhelming and taxing experience. In an attempt to upgrade my trip to business class, I contacted customer service where a representative kept me on the phone providing me incorrect information for an hour. Called back to speak to a supervisor and the representative would not allow me to do so until they rectified my situation (if they were able to, obviously I wouldn't need to speak to a supervisor). After an hour with the second representative, I finally was able to unlock a supervisor who gave me the information I needed and asked me to call him back to have it finalized. He told me to ask for him to have it straightened out. Of course, when I called back and explained I wanted to speak directly to them, this third representative wouldn't transfer the call to him. Gave me incorrect information (yet again). SO frustrating because it's like they are incapable of listening to anything you are saying. Blew a short fuse in the first five minutes and I'm usually very calm and understanding of the limitations of customer service representatives. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm probably just going to cancel my ticket with them and book an entirely new one on the airline's website.

If you are just looking for a cheap rate and you don't see yourself having to deal with customer service, then go for it. Online transaction was relatively fast and straight forward; booking was validated by airline immediately.
How does an update via phone work in general? Did you use status or points?
RoundWay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 15, 12:34 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1
Thumbs down JustFly didn't work well for me

I found a quote on JustFly and on other travel sites. The price quoted on JustFly was several dollars lower and I went with it.

Was unpleasantly surprised after JustFly charged my credit card with $200+ more than the price initially quoted ... without notifying me and requesting additional authorization .... Feel they lied to me ...

Has this happened to you with them or any other travel website?
n123456 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 15, 6:44 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1
I wouldn't recommend you use JustFly, they charged me an extra $30 of fees+taxes that were added on without notice after showing me a fare that was lower than other sites.

This site is shady. Period. Do not use this site, book with the airline directly instead. I tried calling customer service to rectify situation to no avail.
ks215 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 15, 2:00 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NYC/Northern NJ
Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Posts: 1,623
I booked a last minute flight. They quoted price of $640.13 and the airline charged $610.13 and they charged $30 separately. I can't complain and everything went though without problem.
RooseveltL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 15, 7:44 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1
Justfly refuses to refund my Austrian Airline ticket 50 days before the flight, although the itinerary stated that "For all cancellations, a minimum fee of $250.00 USD per passenger is charged at the time of cancellation, and an airline fee is applied at the time of rebooking. If permitted by the airline, the remaining funds may be available within one year of the cancellation ." They refer to the last sentence saying that my only option is to rebook within a year, which is not how I read and understood the rule. I've been on hold forever. Customer service representatives don't' identify themsleves, except some bogus nick names, and do not transfer you to their supervisors. Austrian Airlines does not say that my ticket cannot be cancelled, but refer me to process the cancellation though this damn website. And they just refuse to do it. Can someone please advise how to deal with them? Thank you.
veter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 15, 7:30 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 63
Not recommended...

I was recently drawn to book with them because of the low airfare. I received a confirmation for the tickets at the cost I agreed to pay in USD.

I checked my billing statement and there was an additional $4 per ticket added.

Wrote to their billing department to have this corrected and waiting for a response. Worst case I will have to dispute through my credit card.

I wish I saw this thread before hand...
yksmirk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 15, 7:32 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 63
Originally Posted by veter View Post
Justfly refuses to refund my Austrian Airline ticket 50 days before the flight, although the itinerary stated that "For all cancellations, a minimum fee of $250.00 USD per passenger is charged at the time of cancellation, and an airline fee is applied at the time of rebooking. If permitted by the airline, the remaining funds may be available within one year of the cancellation ." They refer to the last sentence saying that my only option is to rebook within a year, which is not how I read and understood the rule. I've been on hold forever. Customer service representatives don't' identify themsleves, except some bogus nick names, and do not transfer you to their supervisors. Austrian Airlines does not say that my ticket cannot be cancelled, but refer me to process the cancellation though this damn website. And they just refuse to do it. Can someone please advise how to deal with them? Thank you.
You could also try emailing them at [email protected]
yksmirk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 15, 9:19 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: nyc
Posts: 1
Unhappy Not happy with justfly

I just canceled one fly reservation with this company within 24 hrs of booking.
They charged a service fee of $75 for cancellation. I argued with them that by regulation I should not pay any penalty. They said this is service fee not penalty. I will get full refund from the ticket price that I paid. But this is their service fee. I will never use this on line flight booking in the future. Even though their price is always a few dollars lower than other company. But their service cost you more.
sffll279 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread