Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any experience with justfly.com?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Marlon Pragnell
Unacceptable. Worst flight booking website I have ever used. Predatory cancellation fees even 10 minutes after booking even though I made it in error. I booked on this site because of a very low fare quote for our family’s trip to Jamaica. When I entered my credit card to finalize the booking a message appeared saying the cost had increased by $200 and whether I still wanted to proceed. I clicked yes. The booking completed and I found out that the increase was $200 per passenger and not the total. JustFly.com didn’t provide a final cost quote until the transaction had been completed. I was horrified and tried immediately to cancel. The website said to try later. After a few more attempts I got to a cancellation page that said my flight was fully refundable but I need to pay JustFly $225. I tried calling their customer service number and after navigating through many layers of phone menu I finally got through to a live person. She told me that I had to pay the amount. I complained and she reduced the charge to $25 per person to $75. As a matter of principle I said this was unacceptable and I needed to speak to her supervisor. After a long period on hold, a man introducing himself as Mr Leo (staff #3913) answered and said I had to pay ithe charge if I wanted to cancel the reservation. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said that there was no one else that I could speak to. He essentially stonewalled me. I did a time check during that conversation and realized that this was all within one hour of accidentally making the booking. I asked for the USA address of JustFly.com and he said it was 403-175 Capital Boulevard, Rocky Hill CT 06067. As a matter of principle, I will be following up with them to express my disgust at such shoddy customer service and their predatory charges.
Predatory fees and more

I discovered after being appalled at the enormous $268 fee I was charged. That they did yet more to screw me. When I made the original reservations I could not choose seat assignments. A week before my departure I went into the airline sure and using the confirmation code #justfly have me, I discovered that it did not exist! The airlines did not have the confirmation code until less than a week before departure! I have no clue when JustFly made my actual reservation, but by the time they did, which was apparently long after i booked and paid in full, all options for seating we gone and we ended up with the worst possible seats on the plane with no chance for upgrade. Say away from these thieves!!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Must put in my .02 on Justfly. Had booked non-refundable tickets to CCU from IAD - Air India business class. A week before we had to leave - my father in law passed away so we needed to get there within 2 days. Called Air India, they said we would have to contact Justfly. Called Justfly - they charged us $500 but got the tickets changed...everything went off without a hitch and we just got back.
Was it steep to change? Yes. Was it reasonable - Sure! We did purchase non-refundable tickets which were cheaper than what the airlines were offering. I was worried things would go wrong, or some leg not confirmed - but that was one part of the whole 14 days we did not have to worry about.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
I was preparing to book a flight on China Eastern through Kayak. The lowest price, by a fairly significant amount, was bookable but noted as "Customer support provided by JustFly.com". I'm so glad I searched here first. No JustFlyin' for me
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by EmptyKim
This thread has
more first post members than any other thread I've seen on FT. Does anyone really have first hand experience with JustFly? No need to argue ticket changes and such. Just straight up booking and flying experience.

Yes, it is quite incredible that so many people have heard of Flyertalk, never posted, then jump on JustFly. But they all seem to have vivid imaginations! All sorts of situations and permutations, with one common thread: Bad customer service! Now, who is paying these people, and why doesn't JustFly pop in to defend itself (if it is defensible...)
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:29 pm

No! I did not try yet. But i'm planning soon!
Old May 21, 2018, 7:46 am

Horrible

[QUOTE=jakobw;24362770]I'm looking at different itineraries for an open-jaw trip to Europe this summer on Kayak, and a website called "justfly.com" always comes up cheapest.

I've only seen them on the results list for 2-3 weeks now, with consistently low fares. Their website looks modern and easy-to-use. They're registered in Canada, owned by a company called "8982937 Canada Inc." - a bit sketchy, judging by the name.

Has anyone had any experiences with them?
Thanks.[/QUOTE

I booked my flight on the 21 of march didnt arrived till the 24 with another new ticket i had to buy. Everything was fine in my first flight but then on my second in london they booked me to another airport not the one i was arriving which was a hour away. Thats where the nightmare started. I had to pay my hotel 200 dollars also pay the taxi that took me to another airport 250 dollars the next day i left got to germany, in germany again my plane left. The time to get to my other plane was 50 mins only i had a baby was running and i still lost it. Went to british airways and told them i lost my flight they said we can do anything about it. I had to pay again hotel 70 dollars and a new ticket with another airline 700 dollars to arrive to my destination i was exhausted and having the worst anxiety with my 11 month baby. I wasted for the total tickets 3 thousand dollars...nightmare do not recommend justfly.com pleased be aware!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:45 am

I am new to this forum only because I was searching for information on JustFly...specifically if anyone had gotten a refund from them.
I purchased tickets for our annual trip to Germany in Oct 2017. I received the confirmation and booking code plus a receipt showing the amount along with the last 4 of my card number...All looked good..felt good UNTIL I went to pay the charge on my card a few weeks later only to find out that a charge was NEVER made. That sent all kinds of red flags. I checked with the airline....no such booking. I spent 2 months sending emails to the email address listed on their terms and conditions page; I called only to get someone who you could not understand and who kept insisting I pay 300 for tickets that...according to my credit card company...had never been purchased. NONE of my emails were responded to...and they have my email address because they always sent me buy this buy that garbage ...Finally I emailed them and cancelled the tickets; changed my credit card number (as the credit card representative said...hard to dispute a charge that was never made) All I really wanted was some verification that the ticket had been processed. As of Dec 2017 there was still no record of my booking with the airline.
Now over EIGHT months later JustFly managed to charge my old card number for the amount of the tickets. I have already purchased new ones...and paid for them. That transaction proceeded as expected...purchase tickets and they are charged to your card within 24 hours. If I cancel with justfly now I get to pay 300...which I wouldn't mind...but I only get a credit instead of a refund and that credit only last til Oct 2018....a year from date of purchase not a year from the ticketed departure date.
So if JustFly wants to join the discussion and defend itself, I am all for it. Otherwise, it is just a scam company. BBB just update its 2015 warning and posted a new on in April 2018. Avoid this company....go direct
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
I don't know about all of these "first poster's" issues, but I used them recently for some MU biz class tickets, LAX-PVG-DEL and return. Referred from Kayak, they were the only OTA willing to book a very low price, 1/3 the cost of booking direct with MU, and much less than other OTA's. Purchase was normal, received res code and ticket number, credit card charged as normal. A few days later confirmed ticket was valid on MU website, and a week after that confirmed seats and added my DL ff# with MU by phone. No issues and no problems, but I am not trying to make changes, either.
ncassler likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:17 am

Hi, Glad things worked out for you and your JustFly experience. I, too, thought everything was fine until I went to pay for the tickets. I expected to book, have my card charged, then pay my card in full....like every year. I was not attempting to change anything until I found out the transaction was never completed. It was never charged to my card.....for two months I attempted to contact them to find out why. Without a response, I couldn't wait for almost a year just to find out if I actually had a seat bought and paid for. Plus the fact that I never ever received any response from JustFly. Eight months is a very long time for a company to wait to charge for a purchase. I have one company (a bulb company) that does, but they tell you right up front that this is what is being done and why. I am disputing the charges, otherwise my round trip direct flight to Frankfurt is going to cost me 4K instead of 2K. All of this could have been avoided if JustFly would have charged my card in a timely fashion OR had responded to my emails.

Last edited by Blumen64; Jul 23, 2018 at 9:20 am Reason: spelling errors
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:46 pm

JUSTFLY.COM - Stay away

Beware. many hidden fees. The free 24-hour cancellation is subject to an "administrative fee". Seat selection costs extra though it does not state that explicitly on the site. You see the seat selection charge later on the bill. Changes fees are the worse. Justfly will charge a fee on top of what the airline charges. Their fee was higher than the airline's change fee. And mind you, all they do is book flights. They have little value added and bad business model. AVOID
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nichelle
I was preparing to book a flight on China Eastern through Kayak. The lowest price, by a fairly significant amount, was bookable but noted as "Customer support provided by JustFly.com". I'm so glad I searched here first. No JustFlyin' for me
Originally Posted by ULDB65
I don't know about all of these "first poster's" issues, but I used them recently for some MU biz class tickets, LAX-PVG-DEL and return. Referred from Kayak, they were the only OTA willing to book a very low price, 1/3 the cost of booking direct with MU, and much less than other OTA's. Purchase was normal, received res code and ticket number, credit card charged as normal. A few days later confirmed ticket was valid on MU website, and a week after that confirmed seats and added my DL ff# with MU by phone. No issues and no problems, but I am not trying to make changes, either.
Any alternate OTA to purchase China Eastern Business class tickets? I can use orbitz/priceline for an extra $230.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by ULDB65
That's really good to know. When I first read this thread, I didn't pay attention to the fact that there were so many first time posters. Nevertheless, my fear was around the need to change a ticket once purchased. My schedule was a bit crazy and changes were needed far too often. Now that things have settled, I'll take a second look. 1/3 the price is fantastic. That's a great booking.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:12 am

did you get your refund?

Originally Posted by sffll279
I just canceled one fly reservation with this company within 24 hrs of booking.
They charged a service fee of $75 for cancellation. I argued with them that by regulation I should not pay any penalty. They said this is service fee not penalty. I will get full refund from the ticket price that I paid. But this is their service fee. I will never use this on line flight booking in the future. Even though their price is always a few dollars lower than other company. But their service cost you more.
I’m in the same situation and a bit nervous. Did you actually ever receive your refund?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:09 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by Ray Mazza

I’m in the same situation and a bit nervous. Did you actually ever receive your refund?
If you do receive a refund please post back.As you are aware their terms and conditions state on page 8 (of 19) what their fees are for refunds and cancellations. Per passenger it is either $75, $125 or $200 depending on the flight which was booked.

Last edited by IntVic; Apr 24, 2019 at 1:13 am Reason: grammar
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:58 pm

Justfly.com has never let me down.

Ive booked with Justfly.com twice for eva air ticket from states to philippines. Ive never had any trouble using this site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.