Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any experience with justfly.com?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by SilverGGA
Just booked...
Returned from my trip without complications.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:43 pm

I had to cancel my vacation because of my father's dead and they took the money anywa

Originally Posted by erikksterr
I booked a flight which quoted me prices lower than other websites. but then price charged to my credit card was different from the price when I booked. even my email CONFIRMATION quoted the accurate amount, but again the charge on my credit card was more. Called customer service, they did verify this information but said only their billing department can handle such request; Billing dept only takes emails. I emailed them and was quoted to have a response in 6 hours (it clearly says that in their automated message). 2 days gone by and nothing. Called customer service back. They said they can see that I did email the billing dept but again only billing can resolve issue. They quoted me to wait until 48 hrs. 5 days have gone by, still nothing. Called back customer service, still cant help even though they do see the discrepancy but again referred me to the "billing" dept who does not answer (wondering if it this is just a scheme.) Tried to ask for a supervisor but was quoted that none is available at this moment and I cant even hold for one(how is that possible?). Said they would send in a request for a supervisor to call me back within a few hours. 2 days later, still no call back from supervisor.
Summary TLDR- how can a business you send a confirmation for one amount but then charge you another amount to your credit card.

Last edited by Rosa Luciani; Mar 25, 2017 at 1:44 pm Reason: I had to cancel my vacation because of my father's dead and they took the money anyways. I cancelled a day after I got my tic
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:45 pm

Don't use JustFly

Originally Posted by SilverGGA
Returned from my trip without complications.
I had to cancel my vacation because of my father's dead and they took the money anyways. I cancelled a day after I got my tickets and they just lied to me over the phone. They keep me on the phone for a long time the first time and they didn't cancel my trip. Second time I called and they told me something totally different from the first time. Never got a cancelation email and never got my money back! I called many times and I also email them. They didn't do anything. Really sad experienced specially when I was going through a lot of pain.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Rosa Luciani
I had to cancel my vacation because of my father's dead and they took the money anyways. I cancelled a day after I got my tickets and they just lied to me over the phone. They keep me on the phone for a long time the first time and they didn't cancel my trip. Second time I called and they told me something totally different from the first time. Never got a cancelation email and never got my money back! I called many times and I also email them. They didn't do anything. Really sad experienced specially when I was going through a lot of pain.
Did you dispute it on your credit card?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Rosa Luciani
"A day after I got my tickets" so it has been more than 24 hours since you booked.

Sorry about your situation, but you should have called your credit card about your trip interruption coverage. You can still do that now.

I am not aware of any OTA or direct airline bookings that refund for this type of trip cancellation.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by EmptyKim
This thread has more first post members than any other thread I've seen on FT.
I have noticed the same. I find it amusing.

Basically they created an account just to make that 1 post, and for the few posters I searched on, that was their only post ever and they haven't posted since.

I wonder if we will hear back from Rosa Luciani.

Even OP of this thread hasn't made any post since making his 2 posts in this thread. Their "last activity" was also around when his posts 2 years ago. Haven't even logged on to flyertalk since.

Last edited by SilverGGA; Mar 28, 2017 at 11:45 am
Old May 13, 2017, 9:05 am

Shady!!

Yes they said they'd refund me $289.96 if I cancelled within four hours and I did call them, i believe in the Philippines, then was told I'd be refunded $275. Luckily I double checked the amount that skiplagged quoted and asked why it was only $275 "oh oh I forgot to refund the seating assignment charge " The agent then said she would refund the whole amount but I was never asked to pay for seats and I NEVER EVER pay for seats; so this was invented as a way to not refund the full amount. I was refused to get off until I was given to a supervisor and she made excessive reasons why she wouldn't put me in touch with one but I told her I would not get off until she did and she said she would never hang up on me. I put it speaker and went about my business until a supervisor did finally come on the phone. I told her I knew I was getting my money back but they were dishonest and the public needed to know. She then sent me a bogus letter saying there was a seating assignment charge which she just typed up. I asked to be sent the page where it states this charge and now I've been on the phone for 1 1/2 hours trying to make sure they don't cheat others by skimming money off refunds and who knows what else.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:31 pm

Terrible Company

Justfly.com really is the worst. I purchased an airline ticket for my fiance from JustFly. Unfortunately, my fiance ultimately wasn’t able to complete her travel due to a visa issue. The day after she was unable to board her flight, I contacted JustFly to explain what had happened and was told by their customer service agent that, because the travel could not be completed due to an issue outside of our control (i.e., the visa issue), we could expect "a substantial refund". I was told to wait "6-8 weeks for the refund to be processed".

I ended up waiting over 4 months and making exactly 13 phone calls to JustFly in an attempt to get this “significant refund”. It was only after going through this painful process that I learned that no refund would ever be issued. Each of the phone calls I was forced to make to JustFly lasted at least 1 hour. In one case, I was actually disconnected AFTER waiting on hold for 1 hour. The longest phone call lasted exactly 4 hours and 3 minutes. They, of course, also never followed up when they said they would (they said they’d call me back and/or email after every one of these 13 calls).

Do your diligence on this shady, dishonest and unscrupulous company before you buy any tickets from them. Look at the BBB-issued warnings and advisories, the reviews on BBB websites across the US and Canada and, of course, the NY Times investigation of JustFly. JustFly is very clearly engaging in deceptive, fraudulent and unfair trade practices. Their tactics are obviously designed to wear out customers so that people who have any customer support issues just give up. This company is among the worst of the worst--I advise you to take your business elsewhere and don’t fall for their cheap prices!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:35 pm

Being charged an inaccurate fee?

I feel like booking a flight through justfly.com was a scam. Horrendous customer service, rude, and pretty sure they are lying to me about fees. My last name is missing a letter on my confirmation, however I didn't notice until about 1.5 months before my international flight. When I called the airline to see if that could be fixed, they let me know that there was no fee, and it wouldn't be an issue if I had booked directly through them. However, because I booked through JustFly.com, there was nothing they could do about my reservation. Long story short, I called justfly.com's customer support about 13 times on separate occasions over the course of that month and a half. Each time, they let me know they would get back to me about the name spelling error in 1-5 business days. Never heard back a single time thus the reason I had to call so many times. Finally, received an email a week before my international flight saying to call immediately. I did, they said they had to charge a fee which I argued the first few times I called, noting that the spelling error took place on their part and that the fee they claimed was from the airline didn't exist. After spending hours upon hours on hold over the course of various phone calls, I finally said F-it, I will just pay the freaking fee!! Once they got me to agree to paying that fee, they placed me on hold to re-confirm the fee, and came back saying I now also had to pay the difference in the price of the flight. I originally paid $835 round trip. They were now telling me that the flight was $3000. So, an extra $2165 + the $125 name change fee. Absolutely not. I found an article from the Better Business Bureau that reported these types of issues being common (do a google search for "better business bureau just fly" and it should be the first article that pops up).
Don't even get me started on how rude and unhelpful the customer service people were. I'd need a whole other review just to write about that...
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:11 pm

Agree with most here...I used JustFly.com to book a trip to Cost Rica on Copa Airlines and due to my wife getting ill just one day after booking, our doctor suggested we cancel/postpone the trip. Upon contacting COPA they told me to talk to third party booking site which was JustFly.com. They gave me some crap explanation of cancellation charges plus forfeiting the actual cost of the fare. My original fare had cost me $750 RT and when I called JustFly.com they told me that I would lose all of my $750 plus I have to pay $150 for change/cancellation fee so total of $900. I asked them what if I don't cancel and don't travel and they told then I will only lose $750 so I told them to to hit the sack (not these exact words, but you get the gist) and disputed with CC and got the money back from CC.

Stay away from them....
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:45 am

your money is gone gone gone

To Flee HURRICANE IRMA, booked a flight on Sep 5' 2017 3 PM EST for myself, my wife and my 4 year old son.
We live in Miami but since coudn't find anything from Miami, so booked it from Orlando (MCO) to Raleigh-durham (RDU) & bought both - Extended cancellation policy and CSA protection plan.

I confirmed later calling their sales rep - Ezzy that complete amount including fee and taxes will be refunded if I had to cancel my flight within 24 hours. I have the recording from that conversation.
Due to Hurricane Irma, we had to evacuate Miami on morning on Sep 6 2017 - Sooner than my flight schedule of Sep 7. So I called JustFly.com and after spending 3 hours (Yes, thats true), they cancelled my flight. CANCELLATION WAS WITHIN 24 HOURS!

Now when I received the cancellation confirmation mail from frontier airlines - it say I have $427.20 in CREDIT for 90 DAYS!
I Paid - $657.29 USD which included $59.97 for Extended policy amount. Now as per their sales rep I should have received Total Amount - Extended Policy Payment = $597.32.
BOOKING REF: 071-280-272

Since that day I have been calling them every other day listening to only poor engligh and repeating lines - "that was the full refund saar". When asked to get a supervisor, they put me on hold and never return back to answer.

I am extremely frusatated and ready to take legal route to get my hard earned money back. Please help which Goverment agency I should go to complaint about Justfly.com.
I am commited, no matter If it means spending money on Lawyers, to get to them and pay me back every penny they owe me.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Chargeback is the first step.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:22 am

booked a flight on justfly last year from HNL-SIN as it was much cheaper than any other website and on top of that, was giving me tickets on JAL compared to the next cheapest which would've been one of the Chinese companies.

did my research like everyone else and found tons of negative reviews (and we know that if you search for reviews of anything, you're more likely to find negative ones than positive ones regardless), but sprinkled into those were a couple of comments which put it plain and clear: if anything happens that requires you to call them, expect to be screwed, but if you have no problems flying according to your booked itinerary, you'll be fine. i was a bit paranoid, so i retrieved the actual e-ticket from JAL, but in the end, everything was fine and i didn't hit any hiccups.

we all know it's best if you can book directly from an airline's website, but if the ticket price is significantly cheaper, i'd go with them again. and if you have a visa infinite card offering the various trip cancellation insurances that you book the flight with, that will give some additional peace of mind.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:02 am

Outrageous fees

Originally Posted by jakobw
I'm looking at different itineraries for an open-jaw trip to Europe this summer on Kayak, and a website called "justfly.com" always comes up cheapest.

I've only seen them on the results list for 2-3 weeks now, with consistently low fares. Their website looks modern and easy-to-use. They're registered in Canada, owned by a company called "8982937 Canada Inc." - a bit sketchy, judging by the name.

Has anyone had any experiences with them?
Thanks.
They charged me a $268 free for a flight which was absurd. I wished I'd had read the BBB raining before I purchased. Do not buy from them
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:27 am

Angry JustFly.com is HORRIBLE. Buyer beware. Predatory fees

Unacceptable. Worst flight booking website I have ever used. Predatory cancellation fees even 10 minutes after booking even though I made it in error. I booked on this site because of a very low fare quote for our family’s trip to Jamaica. When I entered my credit card to finalize the booking a message appeared saying the cost had increased by $200 and whether I still wanted to proceed. I clicked yes. The booking completed and I found out that the increase was $200 per passenger and not the total. JustFly.com didn’t provide a final cost quote until the transaction had been completed. I was horrified and tried immediately to cancel. The website said to try later. After a few more attempts I got to a cancellation page that said my flight was fully refundable but I need to pay JustFly $225. I tried calling their customer service number and after navigating through many layers of phone menu I finally got through to a live person. She told me that I had to pay the amount. I complained and she reduced the charge to $25 per person to $75. As a matter of principle I said this was unacceptable and I needed to speak to her supervisor. After a long period on hold, a man introducing himself as Mr Leo (staff #3913) answered and said I had to pay ithe charge if I wanted to cancel the reservation. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said that there was no one else that I could speak to. He essentially stonewalled me. I did a time check during that conversation and realized that this was all within one hour of accidentally making the booking. I asked for the USA address of JustFly.com and he said it was 403-175 Capital Boulevard, Rocky Hill CT 06067. As a matter of principle, I will be following up with them to express my disgust at such shoddy customer service and their predatory charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.