Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any experience with justfly.com?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:14 am

Angry Do not use = stay away

I booked a flight which quoted me prices lower than other websites. but then price charged to my credit card was different from the price when I booked. even my email CONFIRMATION quoted the accurate amount, but again the charge on my credit card was more. Called customer service, they did verify this information but said only their billing department can handle such request; Billing dept only takes emails. I emailed them and was quoted to have a response in 6 hours (it clearly says that in their automated message). 2 days gone by and nothing. Called customer service back. They said they can see that I did email the billing dept but again only billing can resolve issue. They quoted me to wait until 48 hrs. 5 days have gone by, still nothing. Called back customer service, still cant help even though they do see the discrepancy but again referred me to the "billing" dept who does not answer (wondering if it this is just a scheme.) Tried to ask for a supervisor but was quoted that none is available at this moment and I cant even hold for one(how is that possible?). Said they would send in a request for a supervisor to call me back within a few hours. 2 days later, still no call back from supervisor.
Summary TLDR- how can a business you send a confirmation for one amount but then charge you another amount to your credit card.
Old May 7, 2015, 9:29 pm

Do not use justfly.com!

Justfly.com may have cheaper rates than other websites, but if you need to talk to customer service at all your going to be miserable and be charged a large amount of fees.
I called to customer service to cancel my plane ticket. Worst experience ever. You can barely understand the person, they don't explain anything and they do not want you to talk to their supervisor. They have tons of hidden fees that they will tack on just because.
So yourself a favor and go through any other site but this one. Customer service sucks at justfly.com.
Old May 9, 2015, 12:41 pm

Absolutely Do NOT use JustFly

Please do not use them!! Absolutely the most ridiculous customer service. I booked a trip which I had to cancel and before I cancelled the tickets I specifically asked if I would be refunded and was told yes. Then when I called back I was told i would not get a refund but a credit instead, and now I have $4k sitting there and I can't get it back. After I've spent over ten hours on phone calls and several emails to customer service with no reply, it's my advice to everyone to not use the service. They charge ridiculous fees and give you misleading information.

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by jakobw
I'm looking at different itineraries for an open-jaw trip to Europe this summer on Kayak, and a website called "justfly.com" always comes up cheapest.

I've only seen them on the results list for 2-3 weeks now, with consistently low fares. Their website looks modern and easy-to-use. They're registered in Canada, owned by a company called "8982937 Canada Inc." - a bit sketchy, judging by the name.

Has anyone had any experiences with them?
Thanks.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a friend who found them on Kayak. They are the cheapest, while all the others are a few more $'s, which made me suspicious.
Your reports confirm my thoughts.
Thanks all for the feedback!!!
Old May 14, 2015, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 6rugrats;24363759
[url
https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/CorporationsCanada/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=8982937[/url]
Not that long in business:

Date of incorporation: 08/08/14
Old May 24, 2015, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by sffll279
I just canceled one fly reservation with this company within 24 hrs of booking.
They charged a service fee of $75 for cancellation. I argued with them that by regulation I should not pay any penalty. They said this is service fee not penalty. I will get full refund from the ticket price that I paid. But this is their service fee. I will never use this on line flight booking in the future. Even though their price is always a few dollars lower than other company. But their service cost you more.
Have you got your full refund? I am in same situation and I am afraid of not getting the refund back after paying the $75 cancellation fees based on some other bad reviews.
Old May 24, 2015, 10:47 pm

Never again.

Before I booked my round trip ticket from LAX to Europe, with one stop in Germany, final destination Denmark, I called them and asked if I could get off in Germany and not take my last flight to Denmark. They said sure, no problem. But it turns out that that would be considered a "no show" and I would use my return flight. So I've been calling them a lot. And still waiting for their "investigation". Lol. They said it will take 24-48 hours. It's been three days.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:38 pm
DDH

Justfly is a scam!!!!!

As of today, May 26, 2015 I will make it my mission anyone that asks about Justfly will know don't even make them an option when it comes to booking a flight.
This site gets your attention by listing the lowest prices for flight bookings. My husband and I are planning a trip to Hawaii, the tickets to Hawaii can be expensive. So when I kept getting the "Justfly Fare Alerts" I said why not. Of course if it's too good to be true, well in this case it was. I called the 800 number spoke with a reservation person with very bad broken english. I should've hung up at that moment. I had to keep reminding him my husband was a "Jr." The resevationist "Ian" spelled every letter in the order of the my husband's name to make sure the name matched what is on the government issued I.D. Low and behold, when I received my reservation his name was not correct. I immediately called Justfly back, got another reservationist "Polo" with horrible broken english, explained my predicament to the person and they told me to call back within 24 hours. I called back the next day, another reservationist "Rizelle" with you guessed it, broken english told me they would have to cancel the flight, charge me $75, in order to correct the mistake "Ian" made. She said she had to put me on hold. While I was on hold I looked up reviews for Justfly, and found out several people had the same complaint as I did. They put your information in incorrectly, the only way to correct it is to charge a $75 cancellation fee.
Bottom line, I will never deal with them again. I called my cc company to have all charges reversed (including the insurance that cost me $130.00).
Old May 29, 2015, 3:41 pm

Angry Never use this company!!!

Justfly will refund my ticket, then I have to wait 24 hours for cancellation credit, but stated that the new dates I need to travel (using the same airline, same airport and traveler) is not available... BUT I'M LOOKING AT IT ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The website "For all cancellations, a minimum fee of $250.00 USD per passenger is charged at the time of cancellation, and an airline fee is applied at the time of rebooking. If permitted by the airline, the remaining funds may be available within one year of the cancellation ." They refer to the last sentence saying that my only option is to rebook within a year, however, when I need to rebook... there are no flights available... BUT I'M LOOKING AT ONE ONLINE FOR LESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've was on hold forever. Customer service representatives don't' identify themsleves, except some bogus nick names, and do not transfer you to their supervisors. United Airlines will not back up this vendor and can not refund the $1,450, but refer me to process the cancellation through this damn website. And they just refuse to do it. Can someone please advise how to deal with them? Thank you.
Old May 29, 2015, 3:48 pm

No!!!!! You'll regret it!!!!
I am having a horrible time with this company and everything I am reading about them screams of a SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:37 pm

Bump.

JustFly has a massively lower fares to LHR from SFO, LAX and other destinations; lowest by $200-$300

I wonder how's that possible, any experiences or opinions from a serious FTers ?

I've read the thread and looks like most of highly negative reviews are written by one or two persons with agenda under the aliases (same formatting, first or second post), so I can't give it much credibility
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onlin...w-not-pay.html
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by neophyte
Bump.

JustFly has a massively lower fares to LHR from SFO, LAX and other destinations; lowest by $200-$300

I wonder how's that possible, any experiences or opinions from a serious FTers ?

I've read the thread and looks like most of highly negative reviews are written by one or two persons with agenda under the aliases (same formatting, first or second post), so I can't give it much credibility
Note that the "formatting" you see here is generally done by FT, not the person posting. You can get the bold title on top of a post, possibly with an icon, by clicking on Go Advanced in Quick Reply or by clicking on the Post Reply blue button at the lower left after the last post on a page.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:00 pm

MSPeconomist - I'm not trying to pump JustFly, I'm about 75% sure they're not legitimate, but they do book some tickets and I'd like to hear the serious opinions; looks like they pass some consolidator's fares to the public with zero commission - how?

As of other posts: they all from new posters , they're all formatted unlike mine and yours (you've got to have better eye than me, I don't want to post details to educate the spammer), most of them are even about the same sub-topic

Last edited by neophyte; Jun 10, 2015 at 1:41 pm
Old Jun 12, 2015, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by neophyte
MSPeconomist - I'm not trying to pump JustFly, I'm about 75% sure they're not legitimate, but they do book some tickets and I'd like to hear the serious opinions; looks like they pass some consolidator's fares to the public with zero commission - how?

As of other posts: they all from new posters , they're all formatted unlike mine and yours (you've got to have better eye than me, I don't want to post details to educate the spammer), most of them are even about the same sub-topic
Please see this Tripadvisor discussion - problems with JustFly do not seem to be isolated to just a couple of people.
http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-...in_Travel.html
Also, the address on the registration is right across the street from where I work. I may just walk over there and "investigate" sometime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.