Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any experience with justfly.com?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:25 am

We had a TERRIBLE experience with this company and will never use them again. Customer service is horrible--almost seems like they want a problem with your flight to come up so they can charge an appallingly unreasonable "penalty" fee for changing your flight. Worst thing is that they retain control over your ticket so that you cannot even work directly with the airline to resolve issues.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:33 pm

Awful customer service - yet another horror story

I just lost a bunch of money using JustFly.com. I was provided false information by their agents multiple times after having missed a connecting flight (which was, admittedly, partially my fault), and the result was that I lost 2 days at a connecting airport out of a 2-week Christmas trip while trying to figure out what options were available to me. I've since attempted to work with JustFly to investigate the situation - I know that checking the voice recordings of my calls with the agents will prove that they provided false information. After returning from my travels, I spent an hour explaining the situation to a customer service representative, who took all my information and the details of the case and promised to initiate an investigation and get back to me with a result in 48 hours. 6 days later I hadn't heard anything and called again - I was told that no investigation had even been started and that it was now too late to do so. Congratulations to them - the scam artists won the day and spoiled my holidays in the process. But the world needs to know that JustFly is not a reliable airline service for any sort of troubleshooting - they are unhelpful, refuse to take responsibility, and didn’t even apologize for all the inconvenience caused. Use this site at your own risk. I know I never will again in my lifetime.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:49 am

I suggest if you are not familiar with the website, don't buy from them. It is best to buy from the airline directly anyway.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:48 pm

Never Again

Hello,

I've been reading these boards for years but it's my first time posting.

I stupidly booked a BOS to LHR roundtrip flight with Justfly.com. Since it showed up on Kayak I figured it was safe. Hours later I was reading these boards and totally regretting my decision to book with justfly.com. It took 2 full days for the flight post to my credit card so I was getting nervous that my flight would be canceled. Luckily, the ticket did get confirmed--I have an e-ticket number and a confirmation number. I can see everything on both the FinnAir website and British Airways website. I called FinnAir and the nice woman told me there was really nothing she could do. She also told me not to worry because everything is correctly in their system. I ask her if she thinks Justfly will cancel my ticket and she said definitely not. However, she did tell me (in so many words) that she has received calls similar to me in the past. She said the real issues arrises when people want to cancel their flights.

I also called AMEX and they said if anything happens they can help me dispute the charge. Strangely the transaction is showing up on AMEX as "GO TO RUSSIA TRAVEL ALPHARETTA GA." There is also a ~$10 charge from "Justfly 18007175015 SUMMERSIDE CA."

I learned my lesson and going forward I will always book direct with the airline.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:16 pm

Exclamation Flying out of sequence with an existing reservation, Do Not Use "JUSTFLY.com"

The support staff and their supervisors were unwilling to issue an "Out of Sequence" ticket to an existing booking. They gave me the run around in having me call the airline and call JUSTFLY support several times without any results. JUSTFLY.com suggested to cancel and purchase a new ticket which was seriously not economically feasible.
Lufthansa states that issuing an "Out of Sequence" ticket for an existing reservation is permitted without any fees, but the ticketing agency must issue the ticket.
I was on the phone for almost 7 hours with no results.
The situation is this: I purchased a round-trip ticket to Moscow with the dates beyond my visa stay and now I find I am ordered to leave Russia at the end of my visa and unable to catch my flight which goes from Moscow to Frankfurt then Frankfurt to home in the U.S.A.
An "Out of Sequence" ticket allows me to catch my flight in Frankfurt.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:09 am

Hidden Fees: Justfly.com

February 2016: After my trip charge, Justfly.com charged me $150 the next day for booking my flight for two! I never read a charge notice before I booked the flight.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hfwjim
February 2016: After my trip charge, Justfly.com charged me $150 the next day for booking my flight for two! I never read a charge notice before I booked the flight.
Do you mean that you were charged some fee that wasn't disclosed?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:03 am

my God. should have checked flyertalk before made the booking.
got charged 13.95USD for selecting seat (window or aisle without specific seat). immediately called after found out the charge without even asking for my credit card number. after >1hs on the phone and 2 representatives later. they agree to refund. but they could not process it until I make another call tomorrow. very very shady. I would not want to keep my credit card info with them. But it is already too late.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 5:51 am

JustFly.com is Fly By Night

Prices can be much cheaper but be very careful:
Multi City JFK-TXL, TXL-WAW, KRK-TXL-JFK $1160 direct via Air Berlin, $852 via JustFly.com. 27% $308 is a big difference. A few problems I had with them because I had changes: After booking our 14 year old with us we had to cancel her ticket due to scheduling problems. Fee for cancellation within 24 hours was $75 and received refund on my credit card for full fare the next day...OK, I guess I can deal with that, I was happy to get the $852 back quickly.
Circumstances changed and we were able to bring our 14 year old, rate was still $852, Great! EXCEPT JustFly.com will not let you book anyone under 18 on a separate booking or add to an exisiting resy even though A) We are on the same flights with her booked via JustFly.com! B)Air Berlin's policy is anyone over 12 is NOT considered an unaccompanied minor!
Several calls to customer service proved useless, they wouldn't let me speak to a supervisor, just kept repeating the policy. I had to book the flight direct via Airberlin costing me an extra $308. So you will save, you just need to be careful. I'm not sure if I will use them again....Safe Travels...
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:12 pm

Please dont book ticket from them

This is worst place to book your ticket. I booked ticket from them and unfortunately i have to cancel a ticket. I called them to provide me a refund and they put me on a hold for 2 hours. Even after that they did not give me any refund yet. I lost my 600$. Please never use their service.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 2:39 pm

Thumbs down I would not trust JustFLY.com

The website is a classic bait and switch. They offer "low fares" which miraculously go up when you try to reserve. Fares can also go up, significantly, after the booking has already been made. If you don't pay up, your booking gets cancelled.

It is a major scam in my opinion. My family has gone through this experience with them just in the last two days!

Old Apr 8, 2016, 11:26 pm

Just used justfly.com

I had a great experience. I flew from Oakland CA.to Seattle Washington and it went like clock work I flew delta air and had no problems what so ever. Got one heck of a good price too.very impressed.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 8:01 am

Good for you, first time poster. We'll be sure to give your opinion due deference (which is to say, we don't necessarily believe a newbie).

Not that it matters. Any business that has a large number of complaints is suspect. A few "good experience" posts don't negate that fact. A historical example is Charles Ponzi ---- excellent reviews and references from those into the scheme early; from later investors, not so much.
Old May 15, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Just Don't...

yeah - I think of myself as a savvy flyer and I always preach the mantra to less-experienced friends 'always book directly with the airline operating the flight'

and yet I got sucked into a fare that was great and I booked with JustFly.com thinking that I'm savvy enough to know the rules and can navigate any ticketing issue should they arise...

big mistake - for the first time in my life I ended up having to purchase a whole new ticket and losing the any residual value of the original ticket

my daughter was born unexpectedly early and i needed to change my return by 1 day - so I called the operating airline, InterJet, who stated they are willing to make the change, but only the booking service can authorize the change (oops - forgot I booked via a booking service, breaking my own rule)

So I called JustFly.com customer service to explain (already knew and had come to terms with the no-exceptions $250 change fee ) and they flatly refused to do anything about it - even saying 'the airline won't allow it' - which was actually an untruth, because I had a supervisor from the airline's reservations dept on Skype at the same time, who said there is inventory in the original fare class and seats available for my new flight.

The customer service person became borderline belligerent when I explained the inconsistency and asked to speak to her supervisor - she stated 'my supervisor has exactly the same information as me and will tell you the same thing: we can't make any change'.

What's weird is that they wouldn't even process a change even if I paid the fee - completely unheard of... Especially as the 'Optima' fare class on InterJet allows for 1 flight change included as part of the fare provisions!

So I lost any residual value of the ticket and had to purchase a new ticket - this time directly with the airline. Lesson learned.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by exupery
yeah - I think of myself as a savvy flyer and I always preach the mantra to less-experienced friends 'always book directly with the airline operating the flight'

and yet I got sucked into a fare that was great and I booked with JustFly.com thinking that I'm savvy enough to know the rules and can navigate any ticketing issue should they arise...

big mistake - for the first time in my life I ended up having to purchase a whole new ticket and losing the any residual value of the original ticket

my daughter was born unexpectedly early and i needed to change my return by 1 day - so I called the operating airline, InterJet, who stated they are willing to make the change, but only the booking service can authorize the change (oops - forgot I booked via a booking service, breaking my own rule)

So I called JustFly.com customer service to explain (already knew and had come to terms with the no-exceptions $250 change fee ) and they flatly refused to do anything about it - even saying 'the airline won't allow it' - which was actually an untruth, because I had a supervisor from the airline's reservations dept on Skype at the same time, who said there is inventory in the original fare class and seats available for my new flight.

The customer service person became borderline belligerent when I explained the inconsistency and asked to speak to her supervisor - she stated 'my supervisor has exactly the same information as me and will tell you the same thing: we can't make any change'.

What's weird is that they wouldn't even process a change even if I paid the fee - completely unheard of... Especially as the 'Optima' fare class on InterJet allows for 1 flight change included as part of the fare provisions!

So I lost any residual value of the ticket and had to purchase a new ticket - this time directly with the airline. Lesson learned.
I'd try to dispute this if the justly.com T&Cs don't have language to the effect that they can refuse to make changes to a changeable ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.