FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies-204/)
-   -   Any experience with justfly.com? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/1655539-any-experience-justfly-com.html)

bigb159 Jun 12, 2015 6:10 am

Originally Posted by neophyte (Post 24949748)
MSPeconomist - I'm not trying to pump JustFly, I'm about 75% sure they're not legitimate, but they do book some tickets and I'd like to hear the serious opinions; looks like they pass some consolidator's fares to the public with zero commission - how?

As of other posts: they all from new posters , they're all formatted unlike mine and yours (you've got to have better eye than me, I don't want to post details to educate the spammer), most of them are even about the same sub-topic

Please see this Tripadvisor discussion - problems with JustFly do not seem to be isolated to just a couple of people.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-...in_Travel.html

Also, the address on the registration is right across the street from where I work. I may just walk over there and "investigate" sometime.

250 Water Street, Suite 302
Summerside PE C1N 1B6
Canada

carolseb Jun 12, 2015 6:42 pm

Justfly - Keeping my fingers crossed

I stupidly booked two separate international tickets on Justfly.com without checking them out first. They were quick to send the confirmation once I booked but the confirmation does not show any sort of payment information or the last 4 digits of the credit card used. So now, if I refute anything, I cannot prove which method of payment was used as it just says "Paid in full."

They did provide me with a United Record Locator and a Lufthansa Record Locator. The total cost of my flight to Europe from SFO came to $1096. Pretty cheap considering other sites were at $1400. So I called United to verify that I did have a reservation and they confirmed the whole booking. United then attached the record to my mileage account. After they did that, I viewed the receipt and it shows that I paid $0 for the airfare and $631 for taxes. So Justfly takes that $465 airfare for themselves. Now if anything goes wrong, it will be like I paid nothing for the ticket.

The ticket was not eligible for any miles since it shows on the reservation that I paid nothing towards the airfare. Now my next step is to pray that nothing goes wrong with my trips or I'll be up sh!t creek without a paddle!

ARS Jun 27, 2015 9:40 am

Horrible customer support

Really bad customer support. I made an airline booking, and realized it was off by one date. Called Justfly customer service within 5 mins and was promised a complete refund within 48 hours. Rebooked my flight with the correct dates. Approx a week, many phone calls and huge amount of time spent on hold - still no refund. Finally had to resolve it via American Express and a refund was issued minus a $200 fee. In the era of free cancellation within 24 hrs of booking with Orbitz or Expedia, I would never go with Justfly.com

tlee81 Jul 1, 2015 10:59 pm

Justfly is terrible

Justfly is the worst company I have ever had the misfortune of having to deal with. I had to cancel my flight to Nepal (because of all the earthquakes that happened) and since then they have done everything in their power to not refund my ticket ( I was only expecting a partial refund). I've spent hours and hours on the phone with them and it's always terribly frustrating. Out of desperation I contacted the airlines I was supposed to fly with and even they are confused as to why Justfly isn't paying me back. The airlines said they have heard bad things about Justfly and are considering not working with them. In other words, DON'T EVER USE THEM!

bradhouser Jul 5, 2015 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 24940595)

Nothing there. Invalid Thread specified.

bradhouser Jul 5, 2015 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by DillPickles (Post 24442956)
They're one reason I signed up here. I was curious about them, too.

I found a fare that was just slightly cheaper than going directly through the airline, but I'd rather pay the extra $20 and go direct than risk it with an unfamiliar site.

I bought a RT SFO-MID ticket through them for $391. The change is $250 for the airline (AeroMexico) and $150 for Justfly. $400 to change a $391 ticket? If I call the airline to change it, will they let me do it without the $150 to Justfly?

Jes Ko Jul 9, 2015 9:27 am

Dont fly w/ JustFly

The people at Justfly are totally incompetent. I spoke to 5 different representatives in an attempt to cancel my flight within 24 hours and only the 5th person was able to correctly cancel the flight and send me an email confirmation. The first rep just complicated the situation by cancelling only one of the connecting flights and made me think that everything was cancelled. I specifically checked that I will be getting the cost of the flight back but he turned around and cancelled just one connecting flight. What a FRAUD.

BEWARE! They do NOT have a 24 hour cancellation guarantee for free. You have to purchase that guarantee for $19.99 which does NOT show up in your itemized costs for the total. The itemization on the total will say a line item for the flight and "taxes & fees" but it will not tell you that the fee is non-refundable when you cancel anywhere in checkout. BEWARE!

They're cheaper by 10-20$ but in the end.. they make you pay.

NYTA Jul 10, 2015 3:19 pm

I booked a multi-stop open jaw with them on LH. I needed to change the date of the last leg. Called them and they quoted me $300 airline penalty, $150 justfly penalty, $300 fare difference and taxes of $60.23. This basically made it cheaper for me to buy a new ticket for the last leg on another airline.

Just to check I called LH directly and they made the change for $300. No extra fare difference or tax. Remains to be seen if I'll get charged another $150 somehow but if I do I can guarantee I'll never use them again.

oojohnoo Jul 14, 2015 2:35 pm

JustFly - worst travel experience of my life.

In March I booked an international trip for July. I received a confirmation with airline record locator and reference number. The trip was not refundable. I received in writing that the booking is confirmed and there is no need to call Justfly to reconfirm.

I arrived at the airport to find out that Justfly did not make a reservation. Justfly would not honor the confirmation of the booking.

sleddog666 Jul 29, 2015 2:39 am

Plus and Minus

I booked a trip to London through them. I had only 3 weeks advance during the summer high season and they were the cheapest option by well over $400. I ended up spending a night in Dublin as a bonus since they routed me through Dublin, my choice not something I was forced to do.

The price charged was exactly as quoted and I got three valid confirmation codes from the three airlines I was booked on: Aer Lingus to Dublin and on to London; British Airways from London to Dublin; and United from Dublin to Washington.

Everything was fine except when I missed my flight from London to Dublin. British Airways couldn't do anything for me because from their end it was as if the ticket was booked by Aer Lingus. Aer Lingus couldn't do anything for me either. I was unable to find a number to even call JustFly from London; 800 numbers don't work from there.

So basically I had to find my way from London to Dublin. I ended up getting a train/ferry combo that cost me the equivalent of $70 and meant I had only a few hours plus a night in Dublin, not a whole day of sightseeing as planned. I've made far more expensive mistakes, and it was MY mistake, not theirs.

When you book through a cheapo agency you have to understand that changing anything will cost a lot or will be impossible, especially when you are traveling overseas. That is one tradeoff.

The other drawback, which I did not discover until later, is that I got no frequent flyer miles for EITHER of my flights even though one was on United and Aer Lingus is supposed to be one of their partners. If I had known this I still might have booked the flights given the magnitude of a $400 price difference, but I was angry that JustFly did not inform me this would be the situation. If the difference in price were, say, $200 then the miles might be worth enough to make up my mind to book elsewhere.

danielonn Jul 29, 2015 10:49 pm

I looked up fares on Just Fly just for kicks and one thing that I noticed is that I don't see any IATA/ARC Affiliation . Also if a service charges a fee to cancel within 24 hours it smells like a scam. I would rather pay the extra $$$ and book with Kayak which I used for my upcoming SFO-BCN DXB-SFO flight for $1,080 we booked directly via BA and other sites including Expedia wanted $300 more.

My point is you can save money if you spend time. If the OP had spent an extra 10 minutes his situation would have been avoided.

bigb159 Aug 15, 2015 6:05 am

Currently under investigation

Don't fly with them:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...reau-1.3152690

NewEurope1980 Aug 17, 2015 5:02 pm

Has anyone actually flown with JustFly? Do they actually issue tickets that people can fly with (the lucky ones that don't have trouble) or is it 100 % scam?

NYTA Aug 24, 2015 4:09 pm

I flew on the ticket I bought with them and it was fine. It was only when I tried to make a change to the itinerary that I ran into trouble, but I easily changed it with the airline directly without their crazy fee.

WonderlustNJ Aug 27, 2015 7:51 am

Originally Posted by oojohnoo (Post 25117074)
In March I booked an international trip for July. I received a confirmation with airline record locator and reference number. The trip was not refundable. I received in writing that the booking is confirmed and there is no need to call Justfly to reconfirm.

I arrived at the airport to find out that Justfly did not make a reservation. Justfly would not honor the confirmation of the booking.

Wow I actually was looking thru this thread caus I had the exact same situation after seeing this post I decided to create an account here just to post:in March I booked a ticket from NYC-TLV one way for 615$ on justfly for my bro from a link thru kayak. I first received an email stating there was a problem processing your ticket- pls call cc company to confirm. I verified the charge and 20min later received an email with confirmation which included 2 airline record locators & says in clear wording: you are booked for this flight. No need to contact us to confirm.

Well a month later my bro shows up for his flight and they say there is no record of a booking. Needless to say all hell broke loose as it was 2 hrs before departure and airline (easyjet) wanted 4k. After much negotiation they ended up charging 1080$. I gave it to him over his head for not bothering to actually call airline to confirm flight/seat etc but obviously was Fuming at justfly. As stated by everyone else their customer service was an absolute disaster. Bearly spoke English (was like pulling teeth just getting them to divulge where they are located-some island off of Canada-or so they claimed) couldn't get supervisor & when I finally did she was rude, unhelpful, no explamatiom other than you weren't booked etc and ultimately she just hung up on me- literally the worst customer service experience I ever had in my life..

3 days ago I came across DOT complaint website and on a whim decided to file complaint.i get an email from rep saying he reached out to justfly and will be cc'd thruput the process. Well what do you know, I get a call the next day from a Quebec number and it's a supervisor from justfly. He is willing to issue a check to me for half the difference in fare. We fought for about 10min as to why it was at all my fault for not confirming flight since it says clearly that I don't have to. Ultimately his argument was 1- I never received an actual ticket from the airline & twisted things on me by saying: it sounds like you travel a lot so you should know (most of my flights are booked domestic from airlines so there is only one email like from southwest etc). Two, should of called 72 hrs before as stated in the guidelines (and that they would of "figured something out" if I did) since the second part I couldn't argue about (and indeed bro was an idiot) and it didn't sound like there was anyway I could enforce any type of comp I agreed. I was supposed to receive an email with confirmation of our discussion where I would respond to and send proof of final fare. He even said he would add a 150$ voucher for future credit... Of course I never got the email & am dreading calling them trying to trace the guy I spoke to..

I do think that anyone else who has issues shoud file a complaint on DOT, it's very easy & you will get a response quickly from a DOT rep & it will force Justlfy to respond.. Also I would strongly recommend anyone booking with them to use an Amex in case you need to dispute..

http://airconsumer.dot.gov/escomplaint/ConsumerForm.cfm