Booking engine question

Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:15 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Booking engine question

Hi

I have a couple of questions re finding ultra cheap air fares

1, Is there a booking engine that will search right across an extended period (eg 4 months) and find the lowest far on a given route?

2. Is there a booking engine that will email you when certain criteria are met eg a far comes up on a given route below a certain price point?

Thanks Peter
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:17 am

Hi Peter
Remember that your 4 month search will be for a point in time. Something like Skyscanner can give you an indicator, but I doubt you'll find anybody to actually do the search as the costs are just too high (both in resources and GDS query costs).

A number of OTAs offer a fare alert service. Again these are point in time things. Are you just trying to find the cheapest possible time to visit a certain destination? Can you give some more specific details?
Old Dec 25, 2014, 4:06 pm

I have used the same sites for the last three years and I get the best results from the following with regards to international flights: Momondo is the best...hands done. Yalta, Vayama, Mobissimo, TripAdvisor and Airfairewatchdog. They all have services to watch the specific flight you want and will send you an email as to when, if, the prices falls. It will also compare difference days and flights into different airports if you set the filters to do so. I would always check and make sure the vendor that offers the cheapest prices if legit. AirTickets is not a group I would ever do business with based on what I have read. Due diligence is worth time and money.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by ffhound
1, Is there a booking engine that will search right across an extended period (eg 4 months) and find the lowest far on a given route?
Yes, http://www.azair.com

Example search: UK<->Anywhere, June..October, 1xADT, 5-10 days, direct r/t flights: http://azair.me/14RYvdN

Originally Posted by ffhound
2. Is there a booking engine that will email you when certain criteria are met eg a far comes up on a given route below a certain price point?
It's said to be implemented at AZair.com in matter of weeks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.