Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is airtickets.com a scam website?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could it be that the agent who put you on hold (when you then hung up) fixed the problem and then had the correct ticket issued? So the first one was somehow cancelled, perhaps because the name order didn't match your credit card, and then you were charged for the correct ticket? If so, that would be good customer service.

I'd phone the airline and try to ask whether they can see your reservation and your ticket (two separate items).
No, the agent did not fix the problem. The transaction was cancelled. airtickets claims I did not pass 3D security, which is false, because at the end I was taken through MasterCard SecureCode setup. My credit card company told me that the first attempted transaction had the 3-digits on the back of the card input incorrectly. And then says there was another transaction 20 minutes after (which I definitely did not do; I used the website and submitted only once). My question is: if my card details were entered incorrectly, how was an actual ticket ever created?

I can confirm now 1 week later that there is not an actual transaction on my card.

Aegean can no longer see the reservation or the ticket.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:42 am

Still reversing names

These scammers are still reversing the first name and last name on all of their reservations. In my case they also inserted the MR at the end of my last name (in the first name position) so they could be doubly sure it wouldn't pass and the ticket could never be used.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:56 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Greg Grensteiner-

Welcome to FlyerTalk
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:03 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Greg Grensteiner
These scammers are still reversing the first name and last name on all of their reservations. In my case they also inserted the MR at the end of my last name (in the first name position) so they could be doubly sure it wouldn't pass and the ticket could never be used.
I don't think anyone cares if the first and last names are interchanged or the Mr/Mrs are in the wrong field. You might have to fight to get mileage credit though.

HTB.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: OZ *G, AB Sapphire
Just bought a ticket on airtickets before reading this thread..

The booking process seemed legit, ticket was advertised about 10 euros cheaper than budgetair. Got my confirmation and ticket number via email minutes later. It's a JNB-BRU rt on QR.

Started to read this thread as my booking didn't pull up on QR website, till I tried reversing first and last name. That worked and I could do seat selection just fine. I also tried to input my FFP number, but that gave a 'name mismatch' error. What was interesting however was that in the contact details section, a different email address was pre-filled: "[email protected]". Makes me wonder whether airtickets.es and tripsta.com are the same company?

Anyhow, all flights are on status confirmed on QR website. I assume the JNB check-in lady won't even notice the names are reversed. I'll use my plastic FFP card to get lounge access, and try to retrocredit miles after the flights.

My credit card statement (in ZAR) shows a transaction which is about 28 euros higher than the ticket price. Can't really see whether this is due to a bad exchange rate or to accrued conversion costs as the transaction is still 'pending'. Think I'll never know.

I'll try to leave everything as-is now as not to awake any airtickets agent, and hope I can fly, as this would be my prime reason for buying the tix
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigWilly
..The booking process seemed legit, ticket was advertised about 10 euros cheaper than budgetair. Got my confirmation and ticket number via email minutes later. It's a JNB-BRU rt on QR.
What was/is the price on the QR web site?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: OZ *G, AB Sapphire
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
What was/is the price on the QR web site?
airtickets had a 55 euro discount over the QR website. Of which I now lost half
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:28 am

I have used this site allready a few times and my experience is quite good. They offer flight combinations that are often better and not bookable on airline websites. My last 3 booking showed no problems at all. And the invoice is send from Greece where they are registred, and not from Russia .
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by PeterVan
I have used this site allready a few times and my experience is quite good.
Welcome to FlyerTalk
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:59 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I have used them quite a few times as well, no problems. They are the same company as travelplanet24 and tripsta.com. As long as you don't expect any service from the OTA it should be fine.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:13 am

Hi to the Flyertalk community, also new in this forum ...
I have to say I read this post from beginning to end and I am now more confuse than ever on what to do... I also found considerably cheaper flight but I was unsure whether to buy with a company that I've never heard from...

Read a lot of purchase experiences went really wrong. Worth take the risk?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by frequentflyer40
Hi to the Flyertalk community, also new in this forum ...
I have to say I read this post from beginning to end and I am now more confuse than ever on what to do... I also found considerably cheaper flight but I was unsure whether to buy with a company that I've never heard from...

Read a lot of purchase experiences went really wrong. Worth take the risk?
NOT worth taking the risk unless you are also a gambler
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:23 am

Have been using Airtickets in the past but this will be the last time we ever do business with them.. After booking a trip to Africa and paying the extra service that covers changes or cancellations, I received an email two months before the flight that the airline has changed the flights and we had to spend extra hours on what is already considered a long flight. The very same email from Airtickets was giving us the option to either agree with the changes or they would ask for a full refund from Qatar on our behalf. We decided to cancel our trip and immediately cancelled our accommodation (with 0 cancellation fees) and standby for refund from Airtickets.. This is when the issue with their customer service arised.. the customer service team would not reply on emails for days in a row and then got back to me with generalisations and vague answers just to gain time.. also they were claiming that we should contact Qatar and that they are not responsible to give us an answer.. After several back and forth emails I have called Qatar where a lovely lady at their efficient customer support has informed me that there will be a cancellation cost of 220USD per ticket to cancel our flights or we could amend our destination and dates according to the new flight we choose. This was the only thing I was asking from the beginning ...! Also, she made it clear that I shouldn't be calling them but the agent has an obligation to help us out with the procedure.. I am still now after two weeks trying to get in touch with Airtickets and solve this but they are just so hard to contact and so difficult to assist, they just take your money and then can't be bothered. I'm on hold for more than 20mins (international call to UK) after having the line dropped once before this.. It's a disgrace ..
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by OlgaP
Have been using Airtickets in the past but this will be the last time we ever do business with them.
Welcome to FlyerTalk
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: UA P1K, MR Plat
Used them for the first time a couple of weeks ago for some last minute tickets. As some others have said, the name format looks odd (e.g. Pippi Miss Longstocking vs Miss Pippi Longstocking), but didn't pose a problem checking in, clearing TSA, immigration, etc. It took a couple of calls to airtickets to get the correct PNR and after that I did everything directly on the airline's website. An agent picked up almost immediately on the first call and after a couple of minutes on hold the second time (same agent). Working on getting FF credit due to name mismatch, but that's not really due to anything airtickets.com did. One thing of interest was that on the airline's receipt the cost of the flights was more than I paid. Not sure how they turn a profit. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.