TravelPony.com any good?

Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:24 am
Original Poster

TravelPony.com any good?

I'm booking a trip to Vegas. Discovered www.travelpony.com. Prices for hotels seem to be awesome, but you need to sign up to see them. Sort of an opaque, members only site. Wondering if anyone else has had a chance to give it a spin and actually booked anything yet?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: HH Silver
The prices listed are not their actual prices for those hotels, but UP TO that much less than competitors. I tend to steer away from anything that says UP TO.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:10 pm

Looks promising. I am headed to Cabo and looking for a hotel, but they don't have Cabo hotels on TravelPony.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 9:58 am

Tried it 3 times in NYC, worked well
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I've seen several referrals for TravelPony on FT, but with referral links, it's hard to know whether these posters are doing it for their own benefit for the benefit of the FT community.

I think the OP's question stands: Is TravelPony any good? Would anyone be willing to share the deals (hotels & prices) they've gotten?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by mikew99
I've seen several referrals for TravelPony on FT, but with referral links, it's hard to know whether these posters are doing it for their own benefit for the benefit of the FT community.

I think the OP's question stands: Is TravelPony any good? Would anyone be willing to share the deals (hotels & prices) they've gotten?
It's kind of a win-win situation really. Without the referrals, you get only $10 credit (and $35 with the referral).

I've just booked for the Crowne Plaza Singapore for S$220 for a Deluxe + Breakfast instead of S$380 on IHG so the answer is definitely yes. It's worth noting that the PROWINNER code reduces the total cost by US$50 if the hotel stay is more than US$200 - and I don't get any benefit out of this.

One major disadvantage with the website is that the number of cities are seriously restricted (especially if you're looking at a destination outside of USA). Also, the range of hotels that are available while limited, change on a daily basis (with a couple of recurring ones).
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
For anyone that is interested in a comparison of hotel price in Singapore via TravelPony, yo may check out my website here:

http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...or-staycations

Keep severe limitations in mind, it seems like hotels are cheaper on TravelPony when it gets closer to the date.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.