Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

travel agent told me "fare constructions codes are chinese to me"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

She was able to quote me on the exact same sequence of flights in the same class as what I found on ITA, but her price was much higher.

I told her she might have to use ITA's fare construction codes, but she said the fare construction codes might as well be "chinese". She said every agency gets different deals and different contracts, so the ITA quote was useless if they don't book the flight. I would have thought ITA's pricing would be a retail price, assuming no special contractual deals.

Anyway, I need a travel agent -- one that has an email address, and one who can book ITA flights. Recommendations?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by garyschmitt
She was able to quote me on the exact same sequence of flights in the same class as what I found on ITA, but her price was much higher.

I told her she might have to use ITA's fare construction codes, but she said the fare construction codes might as well be "chinese". She said every agency gets different deals and different contracts, so the ITA quote was useless if they don't book the flight. I would have thought ITA's pricing would be a retail price, assuming no special contractual deals.

Anyway, I need a travel agent -- one that has an email address, and one who can book ITA flights. Recommendations?
The ITA constructions are not always correct and bookable. It might also depends on the GDS that the travel agent uses.

If you need a referral for a travel agency that knows what they are doing, you can drop me a PM. Expect to pay 30 euros per ticket in fees, however.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
"Fare construction code" is the incorrect term.

The correct terms to use with a travel agent are "booking class", or "Reservation Booking Designator (RBD)".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.