Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is tripsta.com reliable?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by Vph21031989
if I just change everything to my own contact information and deal with the airline directly from now on, does anyone think this will be an issue????
I'm interested by the answer as well. I would like to perform aftersale changes by myself.

I've used Tripsta a couple if times with no particular issue, because they were the cheapest, especially when it comes to obscure and hidden A3 routings through Athens.

I'm not certain they will handle changes efficiently and free of extra charge. Did you succeed in doing it yourself?

Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:01 am

Angry tripsta.com is junk. Stay away from them until and unless you want to loose your mone

Hello,

I wanted to share my horrible experience with Tripsta.com and help fellow American and Indian Travellers not to get cheated by these cheap sites like “Tripsta.com”.

I have purchased 4 tickets for the summer of 2018 from US to India. As usually I started by googling “cheap tickets from US to India”. There were bunch of sites shown up and I see that trips gave me some what reasonable price.(But there were some other cheap fare sites and some how by bad luck I choose tripsta.com.

We intend to book 4 tickets and we booked them from SFO to Hyderabad. Whole booking was done and we got confirmation mail from tripsta.com. Later after 5 hours, my wife and I realized that there was a typo in my first name.

Here goes my name correction saga and how cheap trips.com people were with us and how they cheated us. Life starts normally and goes smooth till we bump in to some cheap mentality horrible sites like trips.com baits you. I wanted to be as more detailed as possible so that gullible passengers will not be robed by thugs like triplsta.com sites.

Story of calling +1(646)934-6809 of tripsta.com begins here..

Timeline: 12:45 AM PST on 2/8/2018: Booking was done for four tickets from SF to Hyderabad.

1st point: Waste of Time for every call:

When we tried reserving seats, then my wife realized that there was a typo in my first name we were missing one letter in my first name.

When my wife noticed that there was a typo in my first name, she tried calling trips.com at +1(646)934-6809. The usual frickin painful process of some one answering your call is any where from 30 minutes to 45 minutes since you started your call and they don’t tell you how long to wait. I hate these kind of calls. Here is one simple rule of thumb: “If you don’t have resources, then please don’t start so called flight booking business and start treating customers like .... like tripsta.com does. Other booking sites similar to tripsta.com, please STOP wasting customers time and money”.

Timeline: 10:00 AM PST on 2/9/2018

2nd point: Cheating gullible customers and misguiding them

Finally after 45 minutes of horrible waiting time, one customer service guy answered call. The guy started recommending us that we need to send my passport copy to them. The way you do is there is an online form at tripsta.com and you will enter details and attach your passport copy. My wife tried to send the details using the form provided at tripsta.com contact us link. Immediately we will get a response to your mail address like this from the website.

“Your message to US_Flights_at_inexso.tripsta.net couldn't be delivered.
When Office 365 tried to send your message, the receiving email server outside Office 365 reported an error”.
what I simply did is submitted the form that was given at tripsta.com and I got that above message.

She tried multiple times and got the same response again and again.

Timeline: 20:00 hours PST on 2/9/2018

Then that evening I came from long day at work to home. My wife summarized me over tea time on what is going on and about the typo in my first name.

I was again on call with these guys and my call was answered again after 45 minutes since I started my call (what a waste of time tripsta.com, I pity you and may god bless you to correct yourself the way you treat customers).

So at 9:00 Pm PST, one lady answered my call and she told me that they are still waiting on the documentation from us. Then I explained the above mentioned problem that how the form submission was giving the error and we could not proceed further as we were left with no clue than the above mentioned office 365 problem at Tripsta.com. Then she recommended that they will send a private email to me and I need to respond to that email only with the documentation attachment.

Timeline: 23:00 hours PST on 2/9/2018

We sent the response to that email attaching my passport.

Timeline: 23:22 hours PST on 2/9/2018

I got response from tripsta.com indicating that

“Dear Mr. *****,Thank you for your email.We would like to inform you that we have already forwarded your request to Jet Airways, regarding your booking F95675286 .As soon as we receive their reply, we will contact you to inform you accordingly.Should you require any further information we can be contacted on +1(646)934-6809. Our passenger service center operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For urgent inquiries please contact our call center. Thanks again for choosing tripsta. If you need anything else, please feel free to let us know. My colleagues and I are always happy to assist you!Best regards,Dragos Purcaru
Passenger Service Center
Happy with our service?Please click here to leave your rating.”
I was happy with the instant reply. But could realize that these guys are wasting my time till I pass the 24 hours booking time.

Timeline : 05:48 hours PST on 2/10/2018

Dear Mr. *****

Thank you for contacting the tripsta Passenger Service Center. My name is Evgenia and I’m very happy to assist you.

We would like to inform you that as your reservation contains flight on the aircraft of a carrier other than Jet Airways (9W), in this case unfortunately the technical name correction procedure cannot be processed.

The only alternative we can now help you with is to cancel your booking, reference in order to gain some money back for you.

Alternatively, you have the option of seeing if Jet Airways (9W), are willing to change your ticket at the airport. This is at your own risk and there is no guarantee that you will be allowed to board with the incorrect name.

In order to further assist you, we entered a remark for the check - in personnel stating the correct spelling of your name. Please note that the remark is informative and does not guarantee that the passenger will have no issues during the check - in procedure.

Should you wish to cancel, please confirm as soon as you can in reply to this email.

Should you require any further information we can be contacted on +1(646)934-6809. Our passenger service center operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For urgent inquiries please contact our call center.

Thanks again for choosing tripsta. If you need anything else, please feel free to let us know. My colleagues and I are always happy to assist you!

Timeline : 09:00 hours PST on 2/10/2018 and the Shocker response to me

As I chatted with these non-sense guys till late night, I went to bed late on 2/9/2018 and woke by 8:00 AM. My wife was kind enough to update me about the above reply i got from Tripsta.com. I was furious about tripsta.com response and irresponsible Jetairways.

The waiting time saga in the call as usual continued from 09:00 hours till 09:45 AM. I informed my boss that I am running little bit delay because I was dealing with some cheaters like tripsta.com sites and cheap airlines like Jetairways.

I told the customer service guy that I am not going to take a risk of traveling with typo in my first name. I told them that I wanted to cancel my ticket from four tickets. Then I was again told that I will be placed on hold for some time and I was wise enough this time to stop that guy and asked him exactly how many minutes I need to wait and was told only I need to wait for 5 minutes. I could not believe that I am going to get a solution for my problem in next 5 minutes and I was happy for a while soon enough that I released that I lost my money. Here are the details..

I was informed that “As per fine prints in the agreement, you will not get any money as you booked with us.”. That was shocker for me and I really was mad at tripsta.com for ruining my happy days with a simple wrong booking at fraudulent site like tripsta.com. I intend to save money by smart search at Google and booking at tripsta.com. But that booking turned out to be costly mistake of a typo in my first name and it is a total waste of time and money for me and my family. I hated that typo and even heated tripsta.com and jetairways for not giving me an option to correct my typo, but they(both tripsta.com and Jetairways) were clearly intended to grub customers money for any simple mistake they do.

So in a nutshell, I booked three tickets for the money of four tickets.

Actively seeking legal advise to fight these guys out. I am not going to leave them, Not because of the typo mistake I did, but the way these guys grubbed money from gullible customers.

Lessons learned:

Don’t book tickets through tripsta.com & Don’t fly using Jetairways anywhere in future. Never again in my life. Done with both of tripsta.com and Jetairways. I am done with these two and I hope someone will get benefited with my experience.

Thanks

Venkat
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:38 am

[QUOTE=smartgiri;25632497]Guys, Do not use Tripsta. I done my payment and i have received the ticket via email. But when i reach the Airport while doing my checkin they told my flight ticket is not seen in the system and ask me to call Tripsta and ask, I was having only 45 mins left and i was trying to reach somebody after 20 mis of call waiting. At last i got one agent (Tripsta) and he told the flight ticket is seen on their systems and they told me its mistake of the system in checkin. I approached Direct Airlines counter and they pointed my to Tripsta. As a next option, Tripsa recommended for me to re-book same flights for next day. Then i asked them if its reliable and they says "Not sure and maybe it can happen tomorrow also " . But any way i have decided to re-book to the next day which cost 195 Euro ( I am still in the Airport and can check with Airlines). But they asked me to give my Credit Card number details via phone since they don't have online option for me to do that. I denied.

They told cancellation of the existing ticket will refund only around 50 Euros. But i paied 500 Euros for the flight ticket

Basically I lost my time and money. I booked another flights and Emirates ( which never had issue before )

Please let me know their contact details
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:39 am

What's their contact number please

Hi please let me know their contact details includinfwphone number and email id to which they responds
Old May 16, 2018, 9:11 pm

Fraud company

​​​​​​​I booked 5 tickets through online, it is very easy and fast till they get your money. After that it is very difficult to reach them if you have any problem with your reservation. They don’t answer your messages , emails or calls.
When I finished my reservation and put my credit card in their system, I found $300 more than what they wrote.
I called them after 2 hours only to change or cancel the reservation, I reached them after more than 2 hours and finally they told me I will lose $1500.
They are stealing your money without services
Old May 22, 2018, 2:27 pm

Tripsta is a fraud !! Very poor site and Customer Service

​Tripsta has the worst customer service.I have been charged almost double the amount of cancellation fee despite the Airline having a fixed cancellation amount. So chasing these Tripsta fraud guys is really going to take a toll. Please beware of booking your tickets on Tripsta!!

And to highlight their customer service is one of the WORST.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:25 pm

They're bankrupt.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1916924-tripsta-airtickets-travelplanet24-effectively-bankrupt.html
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:25 am

Angry Tripsta is a scammer

I booked tickets for my family on May 20th 2018 to fly on 6th july 2018 in Emirate through tripsta, on 3rd july came to know from Emirates that ticket has been cancelled by travel agent and requested for refund. Contacted Tripsta about the same but their response is very poor. they requested to raise dispute from credit card service provider and refund the money. They told they will send the email for cancellation of ticket but still now i havent recieved.

I have sent 5 emails, made a call five times no one responding to the call, very poor customer support. i have seen lot of bad reviews about the tripsta. can anyone tell me whether they have got refund from the company.worried whether i will my money back.
They ruined all my travel plans. Tripsta is a scammer company
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:46 am

Please don't book through sky scanner, i had a bad experience with tripsta travel agent.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:12 am

THEY'RE BANKRUPT.

Just read the link above.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Here's an email I received from Tripsta

Dear Mr. xxx,

We would like to inform you that due to technical issues in our system we are not able to assist you further with your request for your booking xxxxxxxxxxx.

We would strongly recommend you contacting the airline company directly in order to process any amendment/cancellation.

In case the airline company redirects you again to tripsta, you may explain to them that the operation of our agency has temporarily been suspended and there is no possibility to process any further action for your e-ticket.

Therefore, we hereby provide authorization to the airline company to assist you further with any related request.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,Name Redacted
Passenger Service Center
Old Oct 22, 2019, 2:59 pm

They don't seem to have good security and behave inappropriately in my view

My credit card company gave me a fraud alert and I saw about $600 on the bill. I had never heard of this company. I contacted my credit card company and they reversed the charges and issued a new card immediately. The criminals who used the details bought coupons for a zoo and theme park. Tripster sent me an invoice threatening collection despite noting the credit card company investigation underway - saying we were liable for the costs. The fraud alert was entered before the date the coupons suggested they had validity. Needless to say this is causing a lot of anxiety and concern at home.

Pretty sure any company should have better processes to verify a transaction and should not be threatening people who had nothing ever to do with them.

You seem to get a number of hits with a google search using Tripster and Fraud

Not inclined, now I know about them and their public face to me, to ever use them or recommend them to anyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.