Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Priceline NYOP Airfare participants

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, TrueBlue, Miles and More

Like the title says, does anybody know exactly where there is a list of airlines priceline accepts seats on to sell as NYOP? I could only find a general list of a few major airlines, but was wondering if there is a comprehensive list somewhere...

In particular, I am wondering, if anybody has ever won a jetblue flight on priceline NYOP?

Last edited by therealintellectual; Jan 29, 2013 at 2:28 pm Reason: spell
Old Jan 31, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Answered here already:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onlin...priceline.html

http://travela.priceline.com/custome...E&question=558

Rasheed
Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, TrueBlue, Miles and More
Not answered here already. If you at least read the two links at least once, instead of post them, you would know that. I asked for a full list of airlines included in NYOP for priceline.

One link you shared show a sample list of airlines (Not what I asked)
THe other gives the background, history and process of NYOP bidding (Not what I asked)
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by therealintellectual:20163225

One link you shared show a sample list of airlines (Not what I asked)
The only airline that might be missing is Spirit. I have no reports of NYOP booked outside of that list.

Rasheed
Old Feb 2, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
For all the time I've spent wandering about the PL world, I've never seen a definitive list.

PL doesn't publish one. Outsiders don't have access to the information other than through historical compilations of bids, and that could always change.

I don't think your list request can be answered.

Regarding your Jetblue question, there are no reported successful bids on this site where the airline turns out to be Jetblue. That doesn't mean it isn't possible though.

Romelle
Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:03 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Over a decade ago, whenever an airline partnered with Priceline for Name Your Own Fares, both the airline and priceline would issue a joint press release, and that almost always included lines similar to these below, which would easily let you figure out who the airlines were (from 1999)

Priceline.com Inc. Wednesday added three major airlines to its "name your price" leisure ticket service.

United Airlines, American Airlines and US Airways Wednesday became the latest carriers to sign on as partners.

The companies joined Delta Air Lines, which restructured its priceline.com equity position. Priceline (PCLN), which is giving the new partners equity in exchange for their membership, will record a one-time, non-cash charge of approximately $1.1 billion in the fourth quarter to pay for the deal.

The carriers join Continental Airlines, Northwest Airlines, TWA and America West who already participate in the program..

Those days are long gone, now it's not beneficial to either the airline or to priceline for the customers to know what the choices are.

You won't find a definitive list any longer for Name Your Own Price. You will find various regular fare partner announcements, but that doesn't mean they also participate in the Name Your Own Price Arena.

Besides internally at Priceline, there is no longer a definitive list that would be considered up to date.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL PM
The list of partners appears to be a closely guarded secret. I just looked over their SEC required 2011 Annual Report and it very carefully avoids mentioning Name Your Own Price® Partners' names.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:12 am

For me, the fact that the list on their website has gone through revisions indicates that they are maintaining it (such as removing EK and adding VX). I mention Spirit because it is the only one listed on a NYOP air bid page that was not on the FAQ page.

As indicated, only an airline that did not want to be listed might not be there. Sorry that the lists provided are not sufficient for the OP request.

Rasheed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.