Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

not able to pull up reservation from hotel site after booked at Hotwire

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Any experience?
Made a Hotwire purchase and got a Hilton hotel. I wan unable to pull up the reservation on Hilton.com using the Hilton confirmation number I get from Hotwire. Is this normal? Should I be concern and call Hilton directly?

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:34 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
How long has it been? It may take a while, but it's not unusual for it not to show on the website if you book it someplace else.

You should always call the hotel directly (if you can't find it on the website) to just confirm they have it.

If you just made it now though I would give it some time to get to their system.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Yup, perfectly normal I've found for quite a few chains. Certainly never shows on InterContinental properties (Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza etc) and I'm pretty sure it didn't allow viewing the last time I got a Hilton via Hotwire..though that was a while back.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver, American Platinum, National Exec platinum
normal

It depends on the chain. Some reservations will show up on the website others will not. Marriott has not shown up for me in the past with Hotwire. Also keep in mind you will NOT earn hotel points for reservations made through Hotwire. Also...some hotels have a habit of having a handful of rooms that they only dole out to hotwire reservations...like under the staircase, next to the gym and pool, etc. All things to consider when booking.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

I booked this because it is cheaper than the day room rate they charge. For few hours, any room will be fine for me.

Thanks to all.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by nefanboy
It depends on the chain. Some reservations will show up on the website others will not. Marriott has not shown up for me in the past with Hotwire. Also keep in mind you will NOT earn hotel points for reservations made through Hotwire. Also...some hotels have a habit of having a handful of rooms that they only dole out to hotwire reservations...like under the staircase, next to the gym and pool, etc. All things to consider when booking.
I have never had a bad room from Hotwire. I have never gotten an upgrade but the price I have paid on Hotwire surely makes up for the upgrade. I would much rather pay $20-30/night less than get 600-1000 points.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:57 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Bingo, I have given up on earing hotel status. I only keep my Hilton and Priority Club status due to credit cards and spend.

I almost exclusively use Priceline... especially using Coolwulf's service.

I have only been disappointed once with a Priceline room... in Orlando.... and Priceline promptly agreed and refunded my money.

Originally Posted by rdaven2003
I have never had a bad room from Hotwire. I have never gotten an upgrade but the price I have paid on Hotwire surely makes up for the upgrade. I would much rather pay $20-30/night less than get 600-1000 points.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey
....I almost exclusively use Priceline... especially using Coolwulf's service.....

I have only been disappointed once with a Priceline room... in Orlando.... and Priceline promptly agreed and refunded my money.
wharvey:

I also use Priceline for very often and like it .... what is "Coolwulf" .. could not find it...

BTW, Priceline is NOT promptly agreeing. They always call check the hotels. In Paris they called/checked the 4 star hotel and I got the money back. In Hamburg the did the same at a 4 star hotel ... they called/checked and I did nothing back.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:18 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onlin...line-buzz.html

Originally Posted by USAFAN
wharvey:

I also use Priceline for very often and like it .... what is "Coolwulf" .. could not find it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.