Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Hotwire Entertainment Rebates - Getting 'Lost'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2012, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC

Just want to see if anyone else is having trouble getting their Hotwire Entertainment Book rebates fulfilled...

Last year I sent in 6 rebates at the same time. Waited and waited. Finally contacted Hotwire many times, got a big run around each time with no resolution - they said they didn't receive the submission. I ended up placing a complaint with the BBB and was contacted by Hotwire Corporate Customer Relations, who quickly resolved the matter to my satisfaction.

Now this year. I send in 2 rebates almost the same time as last year. I've waited almost 3 months. No sign of the rebate credit. I contact customer service.. they have no record of my submission. I've escalated to Corporate Customer Service, who are looking into it.

I'm very suspicious that both rebates I've sent in have been 'lost in the mail'. I could see one, sure. Both were correctly addressed (I took pictures of the material before I mailed), and were hand delivered to the post office by me. I'm curious about others success with this rebate deal.

Ron.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:46 am

Happened to my hotel rebate mailed late August. Contacted customer service in October to check on the rebate and they didn't have any record of it. I offered to fax in a copy of my rebate paperwork which resulted in them emailing me a request to mail them the copies. The rebate was processed a week later.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:00 am

Yep, similar issues for me.

It's a giant PITA
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:24 am

I booked and submitted my rebate documents in July and have not heard anything for months. Contacted them in October and was told that they did not receive my submission. I asked to resubmit via email. A month goes by and I get the run around from every agent I encounter. I also find that when I call their phone number, the telephone tree cuts me off. Finally got a hold of someone on the phone after trying for a week and I asked them why no one has acknowledged receipt of my email resubmission and this agent tells me that they are not allowed to open up email attachments. I was so furious as I keep getting generic comments or different excuses in every correspondence. They offered me a credit onto my account but I want my credit card refund as I am so discouraged from dealing with this company ever again. Asked to fax the documents so the agent gave me a number. I will try to fax it but my gut tells me he just gave me any old number to get me off his back.

For those of you who dealt with this and got your money back, can you give me the Corporate Customer Service contact info if you still have it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.