multi airline ticket UA/LH

Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:39 pm
Osk
Original Poster

multi airline ticket UA/LH

I made a multi-city booking with orbitz with UA/LH and realized that in my booking reference of LH only appears some segements(segments that has the LH code in my booking with orbitz) while in my booking reference of United appears the full trip details then i called in Orbitz to see what exactly i have to do on my way back and they told me that in Newark i will have to go to a United counter in order to get the last segment (in the LH booking reference only appears MXP-FRA-EWR but doesnt appear the EWR-PTY segment while in the UA yes). An agent of United told me that i have to do the check-in in the Lufthansa website instead of the UA website.

will i have any problem in this case now it has become a headache to me now. :S
Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
It is not uncommon for PNRs on multi-carrier itineraries to not include all flights in a reservation, but only those on the specific carrier.

Generally, the whole itinerary will appear in the PNR of the issuing carrier, which in this instance appears to be United. (If you look at your ticket number, I would bet it would start with 016.

Trying to decipher your message, but it appears that you are flying MXP-FRA-EWR-PTY?

If so, in Milan you will check in with Lufthansa, and/or use their online checkin system. They should be able to give you boarding passes all the way to Panama City, and your bag should be tagged all the way to Panama as well.

Are you then doing the same itinerary in reverse for your return? If so, you would then be checking in with United in Panama City and/or using their online checkin.

And since you will be Transiting EWR, how much time do you have between arriving and from Frankfurt, and if transiting EWR on your return from Panama City?

I would personally reccomend allowing for between two and three hours to transit EWR as a non-citizen.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:31 am
Osk
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kwildnj
It is not uncommon for PNRs on multi-carrier itineraries to not include all flights in a reservation, but only those on the specific carrier.

Generally, the whole itinerary will appear in the PNR of the issuing carrier, which in this instance appears to be United. (If you look at your ticket number, I would bet it would start with 016.

Trying to decipher your message, but it appears that you are flying MXP-FRA-EWR-PTY?

If so, in Milan you will check in with Lufthansa, and/or use their online checkin system. They should be able to give you boarding passes all the way to Panama City, and your bag should be tagged all the way to Panama as well.

Are you then doing the same itinerary in reverse for your return? If so, you would then be checking in with United in Panama City and/or using their online checkin.

And since you will be Transiting EWR, how much time do you have between arriving and from Frankfurt, and if transiting EWR on your return from Panama City?

I would personally reccomend allowing for between two and three hours to transit EWR as a non-citizen.
In my booking reference number of LH in its website only appears the MXP-FRA-EWR(MXP-FRA operated by LH and the FRA-EWR operated by United) and but it doesnt appear the EWR-PTY segment, so i wanted to know if i do the check-in in the online system of LH i would mess up my booking in the UA website becasue based on what i was told i need to do the check-in in EWR for the EWR-PTY segment that is operated by UA. btw the segement that i mentioned is my way back because my outbound flight is PTY-EWR-LHR and is operated by UA with the segment EWR-LHR with the LH code.

i have 3 hours of layover in FRA and EWR so i guess that i will have time.

Last edited by Osk; Apr 22, 2012 at 12:18 pm
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:33 am

You'll be fine. Check in with LH as you would normally. The worst that will happen is you'll have to pick up a bording pass in EWR. Its common for all the segments not show up on the non-ticketing carrier.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:58 am

One thing I've noticed if that post UA/CO system mergers, the PNR for non-UA flights doesn't show up any longer on the UA online itinerary although the flight is there. I have a mixed UA-SQ itinerary ticketed by United and had to call Singapore Airlines to get the SQ PNR.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by El Cochinito
One thing I've noticed if that post UA/CO system mergers, the PNR for non-UA flights doesn't show up any longer on the UA online itinerary although the flight is there. I have a mixed UA-SQ itinerary ticketed by United and had to call Singapore Airlines to get the SQ PNR.
This has been changed in the past week or two. There should now be a link which will bring up a popup of your partner PNRs.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:34 pm
Osk
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies, i contacted Lufthansa again and they told me that as a result that their online check-in system is not in the agreement with UA(that is what i was told)i will have to do the check-in in the LH website for the LH segments and with UA the other segments. even though i will try to do the check-in first with UA and if i get any problem then i will do the check-in in the LH website.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by kwildnj
This has been changed in the past week or two. There should now be a link which will bring up a popup of your partner PNRs.
Not yet for all airlines. It still will not show you the PNR for LH. You have to call for that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.