Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Online Sites... Vacation Package question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:49 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite

I need to travel to Braselton, GA area for a trip next month.

I am trying to put together a "vacation package" to cut the cost... flying into ATL and getting a rental car... but actually staying in Braselton area.

Do any websites allow you to fly into an airport area but request the hotel to be in a different town?

Each website I have checked literally provides hotels near the airport/city you are flying into.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Travelocity does, but the option is pretty hidden.

Choose "Vacation Packages" from the top menu, then click "See Advanced Search Options" below the green search button. Then in section 1 of the trip details, find the checkbox labeled "I prefer to stay in a city other than my destination airport." to get the hotel city options to appear.

There don't seem to be any geographic restrictions - if you want to fly to Boston and get a hotel in Las Vegas, you can...

http://travel.travelocity.com/trips/...o?Service=CJUS
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:31 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Expedia will let you choose Braselton, GA as a destination, and will fly you into Athens and get you hotels in Braselton

Of course that will probably more than double the airfare into Atlanta.

Priceline will also let you pick Braselton, and will fly you into Atlanta and give you hotels in Braselton
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:40 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Thank you both! Greatly appreciated.

Mike, yes I tried Expedia... and the Athens fares were outrageous... I actually would have flown in there if it was more reasonable... have no need to go through Atlanta... especially when I have to leave.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:42 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Funny, I actually clicked on flight details when I saw it to make sure it was not Athens Greece because the fares were so insane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.