flyfirstclass.com - never again!

Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

flyfirstclass.com - never again!

This company is part of a network "Corporate Airfares" with subsidiary companies executiveworldtravel.com, firstpic.com, first-class-air.com and several others located in Miami.

Just tried to book two first class tickets with them 4! month in advance of ETD after they confirmed all flight information for both of us on the same outbound and return date.
Then they mistakenly? issued the tickets on 2 different inbound dates cause by “computer mistake of the airline”?? The computer-generated ticket confirmations were then intentionally modified by them to show the correct dates so I should believe the tickets were correctly issued. Unfortunately the airline’s online record was different after I tried to validate the tickets online.

They promised to take care of everything 7 days prior to the flight. If they fail to do so FFC.com would even be responsible for all prepaid hotels, car rental, etc. costs for the two weeks trip (which is obviously difficult to cancel a few days prior to the ETA dates…) – confirmed and promised by email many times!

Unfortunately 1 week before the ETD (after i pushed for the status on weekly basis) they ran into stress and figured the flights are in busy season and they advised me only a few days before the flight to buy a ticket myself for the correct date. For compensation of such “inconveniences” they would offer another round trip ticket in business class.
Trying to buy tickets a few days before departure in peak season is really costly! In this case they weren’t even available any more in all classes… so I ended up canceling the whole trip and now have to bear a loss of booking/ cancelation costs of about 7500 USD as everything was pre-arranged and paid.

FFC.com figured quickly that it gets cheaper for them to just refund me the prepaid money for the 2 initial first class tickets than being responsible..
In my whole life I have never been fooled so badly. If you call one of their offices in London, Hong Kong or Miami you only find a person or answering machine who obviously cannot make any decissions. They always refer you to other offices and pass you around like a tennis ball.
Their business practice everything, but serious and in my opinion illegal (issue fake ticket confirmations, violate agreements, make wrong promises, etc.)

I wish I could have posted a good and happy feedback to recommend their service, but I have enough of this company and prefer to work with other, more reliable ticket brokers.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could they be selling customers tickets that they have obtained with FF miles purchased from other people?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Morning Calm, Marriott Plat., Hyatt Globalist
Just wondering, if you are willing to buy F tickets, why would you use at-the-glance-goofy-looking-3rd-party-booking-sites?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:34 pm

L O L

What a bunch of crock.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
that website looks shady
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:49 pm

Four months in advance and you kept bothering until a week before?

I would have canceled within a day if it wasn't fixed to what I purchased immediately. Otherwise it's a charge back a day or two later.

I think you should just write this off as a lesson for the future on how you shouldn't handle a situation. At least it was just money lost.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Thumbs down

I bought the Brooklyn Bridge online. But, when I went to change the signs so that it is in my name, they told me they never got the confirmation.

Seriously, OP fell for a scam and allowed enough time to pass that he [U]may[U] have missed the 60-day deadline for a chargeback (but may not have).

OP ought to initiate the chargeback and next time do some due diligence before handing over his CC to a too good to be true website.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:54 pm

Couldn't OP just have bought an economy ticket or used miles instead? Would have been a lot cheaper than losing $7500 in prepaid expenses.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by HonkieX
I wish I could have posted a good and happy feedback to recommend their service, but I have enough of this company and prefer to work with other, more reliable ticket brokers.
Maybe you should take a look at our Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies Forum?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA, US Air, Delta, Marriott,
Buyer beware of flyfirstclass.com

[B]Here is the sequence of events in my dealings with flyfirstclass.com specifically Heidi

At or about 30 days prior to a planned departure date for a 19 day European trip. I contacted flytfirstclass.com for information . On the folowing day I received an itinerary with dates that were wrong and a credit card authorization form to sign . i contacted Heidi and informed her that the dates were all wrong and that I did not want to sign the authorization . She assured me it was no problem and to go ahead and sign the authorization and necessary corrections would be made in a timely manner. I unfortunately believed her.

At 5 days prior to the departure date no adjustments had been made to the return fight date. At this point the conversation changed to " just go ahead and take the outbound flight and we will deal with this while you are gone" That I feel is unreasonable to ask anyone to do.

As a result of that conversation I told Heidi I could wait another 24 hours and if she could not produce a satisfactory return date I would have make other arrangements. Which is what I was forced to do.

They charged my credit card $7196.00

Their business practices are unethical and I would advise anyone to stay away from them
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:53 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Where was your charge posted? Miami? If it is Miami, you may be able to recoup some (or all) of your losses, by (1)a cc chargeback, (2)contacting FL attorney general (since they were licensed to do business in FL).
Old Sep 19, 2012, 9:35 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
For more discussion, please follow the thread as it moves to the Online Booking... forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by sjdabk
i contacted Heidi and informed her that the dates were all wrong and that I did not want to sign the authorization . She assured me it was no problem and to go ahead and sign the authorization and necessary corrections would be made in a timely manner. I unfortunately believed her.
This is how shady sites like this stay in business. If you had rejected the booking you'd be golden. Unfortunately people want to believe they're getting a great deal, so they extend sharks the benefit of the doubt.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 7:35 am

Have been doing business with FFC for over 15 yrs

I have been doing business with FFC.com also known as Corporate Airfares INC. I have never had any problems except the normal woahs of travel. If you travel a lot like me you know that travel sometimes has problems. I have traveled through Corporate Airfares many times and saved tons of money. I checked with the State Attorney general which they have their license with and they only have 1 complaint in 8 yrs! If these complaints are legitimate then why don't we see their complaints??? I mean every invoice and email they ever sent me has their license on it. Good grief Brent, Heidi, Mary and Nick have always been very prompt, respectful and professional with me and several others I have referred them to.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:07 am

Jonesin911
I am letting your one post stay, just in case you are a real traveler and not this company's shill. However, all should consider his post "suspect."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.