Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Expedia.co.uk booking; Change with them or with airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2012, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF PS, EK SkyWards Blue, SQ Krisflyer

Hey everyone, Happy New Year!

I have an expedia.co.uk booking coming up in the next few weeks, however I now need to change my booking's return date. The sector is a QF/KA connection on a Qantas issued booking, which I was only able to construct on Expedia.

Now, I phoned Expedia and was told that the same booking class is no longer available (despite the flight being in May 2012) and that the cost to change dates would be a whopping GBP245 (change fee and fare difference). I also spoke with Qantas and was told that they would be able to change the return sector only after the outbound has been flown, as they then become the owner of the booking. However, the cost to change the booking is unclear as they would have to clarify with expedia.

My question is this; should I go ahead and pay expedia to change the date now or should I wait 5 weeks until I fly the outbound sector, then contact Qantas to change the return during my stay?

Heartfelt thanks in advance,

afterDawn
Old Jan 16, 2012, 4:44 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread in the Online Booking Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:40 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Change it now. The longer you wait, the larger the fare difference is going to get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.