Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Beware of kayak.com hotel bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beware of kayak.com hotel bookings

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:29 am

I don't know why some posters are having trouble understanding the problem. A hotel can drop their brand affiliation, or be dropped, if they no longer meet the standards required by that brand. It could be a quality issue or they might not want to offer some of the amenities required.

The OP would have a better case if he knew the exact reasons why the hotel lost their affiliation with Hampton.

Last edited by lewisc; Jan 27, 2013 at 2:44 pm
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by tatterdema
None of what you encountered with Kayak is really abnormal. Hotels change names all the time, and the 2nd and 3rd party booking sites are slow to keep up.

By fax is how hotels receive your reservations, and it does take a while for the 2nd and 3rd parties to send them, and then it takes a while for the hotel to notice the fax, and get them entered.

The mark up should never have been shown to you. The mark up is high, because it basically is free advertising for the hotel. Expedia mark up is mind numbing.

I dont understand what the problem is, as you were booked into the same hotel you thought you were booking, it just had a different name. Maybe you thought you were going to get points?
So how can we prevent something like this to happen? When choosing an hotel on an online agency, call the hotel before making the reservation? I just see it is a unnecessary complication...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.