Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

can you cancel a airline reservation from Priceline within 24hours at no penalty?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can you cancel a airline reservation from Priceline within 24hours at no penalty?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

does it still work?

thanks
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:35 pm

What does priceline say?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:59 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Maybe, but it's not within 24 hours, it's by 11:30 the same day Eastern Time. So if you make your reservation at 1 am you have 22 and a half hours, if you make it at 11:15 pm (all times eastern) you have fifteen minutes.

If you booked an itinerary today with a disclosed airline and flight time, regardless of the fare rules, please contact us at 1-800-774-2354 prior to 11:30pm ET today to discuss additional cancellation and/or exchange options.

Note they say to discuss options, not saying they will cancel it all the time for you.

You of course can not change a name your own price ticket.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
This appears to be a revised policy (same day for "option' discussion)

This is a link to their old pop-up. It does not appear to be valid anymore.

http://www.priceline.com/promo/nofee...4hr_popup.html

Rasheed
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
I tried to find the information before I book my flight, and found this thread without answer.

I just booked a Delta and an Alaska ticket. It is Friday today, I have until Monday 11:29 ET to cancel it for refund. Looks like it is the next business day and I got the benefits on Friday.

Hope this datapoint helps people in the future.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Ayase
I tried to find the information before I book my flight, and found this thread without answer.

I just booked a Delta and an Alaska ticket. It is Friday today, I have until Monday 11:29 ET to cancel it for refund. Looks like it is the next business day and I got the benefits on Friday.

Hope this datapoint helps people in the future.
I really doubt you would be able to cancel beyond 24 hours, especially via Priceline. You'd better look carefully at the rules if you are thinking of canceling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.