Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Anyone used paylessflights.com before?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2011, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

I am looking for flights to the US and found cheaper prices on that site then on kayak.com and they allow to book directly from them.

I found no comments or experiences in other websites. Did anyone try them?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:17 am

Thumbs up I can vouch for Paylessflights.com(satisfied user)

I have used PaylessFlights.com a few times over the past couple of years.
Mainly because they often have the cheapest airfares especially on longhaul flights.

The Site is legit, never had any problems, they also allow you to select your seats for flights with different carriers(when I have used them).

I have found that I seem to get cheaper fares when I don't select a "preferred airline" and find the airline that I am wishing to use,(for me this has been lufthansa, in the past)

I don't know how they do it, but they are my airline search engine of choice. simple and straight forward^
Old Jun 29, 2011, 5:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Smells like website promotion to me. Two first time posters posting about the same subject? Colour me skeptical though if that's the wrong assumption it's my bad. Don't mean to not extend the welcome to new members but just seemed coincidental timing IMHO.

Last edited by tcook052; Jun 29, 2011 at 5:45 pm
Old Jun 30, 2011, 7:06 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Welcome to FT to both posters.

Originally Posted by tcook052
Smells like website promotion to me. Two first time posters posting about the same subject? Colour me skeptical though if that's the wrong assumption it's my bad. Don't mean to not extend the welcome to new members but just seemed coincidental timing IMHO.
The two posts are a month and a half apart. But I too find it odd that the second poster just happened to find FT, happened to find the Online Travel Booking forum and happened to find the thread that was a month and a half old. Great detective/search work by PassportStampJunkie for sure
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:46 am

It also rings a suspicious tone for me, but since the OP joined so long ago they may have been a long time lurker. I'll let it slide for now, but will be watching.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 10:06 pm

Thank you to PassportStampJunkie

I am the SEO for paylessflights.com. I just saw this talk about the site. First I want to thank PassportStampJunkie about the good words. Always makes us happy to see a satisfied customer.
We are small company fighting for online presence with the big guys.
Payless Flights offers negotiated fares that is why is cheaper than kayak - searching publish fares sites.
Most of the frequent international travelers are familiar with negotiated/ bulk/ consolidated fares.
Don't be skeptic just give it a try next time you need to fly international. You can also get service over the phone talking to an agent specializing in the country you fly to.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 12:48 pm

First of all, hi there.

I'm here because of the bad service at paylessflights.com. I tried to book a ticket from them, but the staff was unkind and rather aggresive. After several phone calls they didn't send me the ticket and i had to call them again. After all, two days lost in talks and waiting on the phone and i got my ticket from another website. I wouldn't recommend paylessflights.com.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:45 pm

I got one way deal to London. Received ticket same day. No issues at all.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 1:54 am

Never seen so many first time posters in one thread. I tried their website; did not find especially good or bad prices; it seems they used ITA Matrix software.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 2:24 pm

I used payless back in August 2014 and found a great deal flying to Europe from Tulsa. I get a message back 4 hours later saying my credit card was denied. I emailed and called several times with no answer or call back. I had to book another flight with Orbitz. Well, I just booked a flight this week to same destination and 4 hours later, I received a email saying my card was declined. I called Monday morning and I had to supply them a signed statement and copies of my cr card and drivers license to them. It now shows I have a confirmation. I'll update when I actually take the flight.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:57 am

dont book with them ,they are scaming people with saying problem with credit card. Dont book.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:49 pm

I say Buyer Beware and stick to the main online websites such as Orbitz, Expedia or direct with the airline.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:06 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Just tried a dummy booking and message comes back "Must travel through Australia." Useless for most of us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.