FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies-204/)
-   -   eDreams.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/1184129-edreams-com.html)

bearbb7 Feb 14, 2011 6:26 pm

eDreams.com

So any of the fellow flyertalkers here have experiences (good/bad) booking with eDreams.com?

ihispanic Feb 17, 2011 6:15 pm

I've never used them. Is this for booking a hotel or a flight? For hotels, it looks like they share the same booking engine and prices with airgorilla.com and globester.com.

Mike.....

AshLily38 Feb 21, 2011 7:37 am

I personally have never used them, but I have read several threads on travel sites (like this one on Tripadvisor).

I suggest that you should try to search around online and see what you find. It seems that their booking process is somewhat complicated from what I have read.

bru2cefan Dec 7, 2011 6:26 am

So did anyone use edreams?

They seem to have been going a while and I have been forwarded there via travel search engines....website seems great.....but cant find ATOL etc???
So did anyone use them....
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I havent seen it before.
Thanks

SeamasterLux Dec 8, 2011 12:24 pm

I used this site at least 10 times already for different flights, within Europe mainly.

Very good prices and search engine but no option to see Premium Eco and the customer service is absolutely terrible

R3k Mar 1, 2016 5:24 pm

I cannot recommend them.

On Kayak they are offering the lowest fares on quite a few destinations. In my case they were undercutting the other agencies and airlines by a good 30%. I ended up booking with China Eastern through them, Shanghai to Beijing return.

The first red flag after booking a flight with them was receiving separate itineraries from both Edreams and Travel Fusion, the 2nd had quite a few of my details missing. A little strange, but probably not abnormal.

The 2nd flag- Just to be sure, I contacted China Eastern to confirm the ticket and find that my records locator was incorrect. Edreams sent me one starting with HQ while China Eastern codes start with MG. China Eastern gave me the correct code, and confirmed my flight as booked.

3rd flag- I received a follow up email from China Eastern which only gave me the confirmed details of the outbound leg of my flight. On a hunch a called China Eastern, and after 30 minutes on hold, I find that they have no record of my return flight.

I then called Edreams, they said everything seems to be in order but called the airline anyway to see if the flight is confirmed in their system. 10 minutes later I'm told that they cant get hold of the airline. 4 different numbers didn't work, and they must be closed down for the day.

Edreams have promised to follow up- call China Eastern during their opening hours and contact me via email in the next 24 hours. I am not holding my breath.

So yeah, if i hadn't had this intuitive feeling that something wasn't quite right, id likely have been stuck at Beijing airport with no ticket and worse would have missed my Shanghai to LAX flight as it is on the same day... Then the joy or trying to get a refund.

In my case, their prices are indeed too good to be true. Be diligent.

*Update*

2 days later, eDreams have still not contacted me as promised.

*Update 2*

3 days later the issue has been solved. Their india call center based support is very quick to get on the line which is a plus. However their ability to resolve the issue is quite limited and they generally seem hesitant to break protocol or provide ‘individualized’ service, aka take initiative.

They never contacted me via email within 24 hours as they first promised.

Without any exaggeration, I had to call them no less than 8 times to get this resolved. Approx 60% of my contact resulted in me being disconnected, placed on hold until another agent picked up and i had to start again, or in one case not being able to understand the agent. The other 40% of the time resulted in the agent trying and failing to contact China East via telephone. I ended calling eDreams at 2:30am my time as one of their agents recommended, as that was when the London offices of China Eastern where supposed to be open. They still couldn't get through

The last agent i was in touch with claimed to be in a department that would handle it and that they would email me within 24 hours, just like they promised originally. This time they emailed me within an hour with a E-ticket number that i was able to successfully confirm on China Eastern's website. This agent was the only i encountered with a Spanish accent, and as eDreams are based in Spain, I assume I was indeed transferred to a department that was more grass roots and better suited to get to the bottom of things.

What an Odyssey.

babypuwet May 29, 2017 5:57 am

hey guys, so I booked a roundtrip ticket on edreams. The inbound and outbound were different airlines. Flew the outbound with no issues (except a 2 hour change in flight time that wasn't communicated), but on the return, when I attempted to check in, the airline informed me that edreams never remitted payment and the ticket is cancelled. I have email confirmation from the airline for this. I contacted edreams and they told me that everything was confirmed on their end and it would take 7 to 10 business days to investigate it with their "relevant" department. I ended up having to purchase a different ticket for the return portion on another airline that cost more than the original roundtrip ticket. Am I entitled to a full refund? I know I already flew the outbound and should pay for that portion, but again, my argument would be that my cost to purchase a last minute one way flight for the return portion cost more than the original roundtrip ticket.

MSPeconomist May 30, 2017 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by babypuwet (Post 28373549)
hey guys, so I booked a roundtrip ticket on edreams. The inbound and outbound were different airlines. Flew the outbound with no issues (except a 2 hour change in flight time that wasn't communicated), but on the return, when I attempted to check in, the airline informed me that edreams never remitted payment and the ticket is cancelled. I have email confirmation from the airline for this. I contacted edreams and they told me that everything was confirmed on their end and it would take 7 to 10 business days to investigate it with their "relevant" department. I ended up having to purchase a different ticket for the return portion on another airline that cost more than the original roundtrip ticket. Am I entitled to a full refund? I know I already flew the outbound and should pay for that portion, but again, my argument would be that my cost to purchase a last minute one way flight for the return portion cost more than the original roundtrip ticket.

If you have proof that the OLTA never paid the airline (presumably for both directions of the ticket?), you should be able to file for a refund from your credit card company. If it was a RT and they didn't even pay for the outbound half (although I would be surprised if you were allowed to fly in this case, so did you have two OW ticket?), I'd want a refund for the whole thing as the airline in principle could pursue you to pay for the flights you flew.

babypuwet May 31, 2017 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28381566)
If you have proof that the OLTA never paid the airline (presumably for both directions of the ticket?), you should be able to file for a refund from your credit card company. If it was a RT and they didn't even pay for the outbound half (although I would be surprised if you were allowed to fly in this case, so did you have two OW ticket?), I'd want a refund for the whole thing as the airline in principle could pursue you to pay for the flights you flew.

I guess it was two OW tickets as they provided two confirmation numbers, but it was on the same itinerary from the OTA. I do have an email from the second carrier stating that the return flight was not confirmed nor ticketed by the OTA. I did file a chargeback with my credit card for the full amount but do expect them to charge me for the portion that was flown. Thanks for your input!

tuxedo66 Mar 13, 2019 8:21 pm

Does anyone have any experience with the guarantees provided by eDreams.com? I was looking at some airfares and these guarantees were offered as part of the process:

- eDreams Cancel for Any Reason Guarantee (get a refund less 20% excess)
- eDreams Flexible Travel Dates Guarantee (rebook for any reason)

Considering they have a shoddy reputation, I was wondering how they work and whether anyone has had success. They don't charge very much for these guarantees. In the case of the first Guarantee, I wonder how they work in the case of cheap fares which are often non-cancellable, non-refundable (or cancellable or refundable at high penalties). And in the case of the second, I wonder how they handle the change penalty and fare difference. Their PDF explanation wasn't very good in either case.

PS. I buy direct from the airline whenever possible but in this case it wasn't possible. Atlas Global's website didn't offer multi-city (open jaw) and many other websites like Expedia don't sell their tickets. I was really put off by eDream's final price which differed from the first page for unknown reasons. During earlier research they had a "Final Price" flag saying that there will be no further fees but at other times, this didn't show up and the price changed. Dodgy. I ended up booking through a Turkish online travel agent.

IntVic Mar 14, 2019 3:13 am

Originally Posted by tuxedo66 (Post 30884809)
Does anyone have any experience with the guarantees provided by eDreams.com? I was looking at some airfares and these guarantees were offered as part of the process:

- eDreams Cancel for Any Reason Guarantee (get a refund less 20% excess)
- eDreams Flexible Travel Dates Guarantee (rebook for any reason)

Considering they have a shoddy reputation, I was wondering how they work and whether anyone has had success. They don't charge very much for these guarantees. In the case of the first Guarantee, I wonder how they work in the case of cheap fares which are often non-cancellable, non-refundable (or cancellable or refundable at high penalties). And in the case of the second, I wonder how they handle the change penalty and fare difference. Their PDF explanation wasn't very good in either case.

PS. I buy direct from the airline whenever possible but in this case it wasn't possible. Atlas Global's website didn't offer multi-city (open jaw) and many other websites like Expedia don't sell their tickets. I was really put off by eDream's final price which differed from the first page for unknown reasons. During earlier research they had a "Final Price" flag saying that there will be no further fees but at other times, this didn't show up and the price changed. Dodgy. I ended up booking through a Turkish online travel agent.

If you are looking for reassurance from previous customers, you will find one or two among the hundreds (maybe thousands) of complaints on various websites complaining about them. Just Google "edreams reviews". There are many threads on TripAdvisor were you will find a few positive reviews.
Depending on which part of the world you are based you might be able to find a more reputable travel agent who can build the itinerary that eDreams is quoting. If you book with them and need to utilise their customer service be prepared. I am based in UK and they have one customer service number that costs 10 pence per minute and those charges can make for an expensive call for you. Otherwise I can call their number in Spain, where I understand they are based.
Personally I would only touch them as a last resort, but I wish you all the best of luck if you do proceed and hand over your money to them.

tuxedo66 Mar 15, 2019 3:18 am

Agree, I wouldn't touch them either. That's why I booked through someone else. I'm more interested in how these two products would work as many fares come with high penalties. Perhaps they're just tricking people to buy these guarantees knowing that the fare rules cannot permit it?

NYC Flyer Mar 15, 2019 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by tuxedo66 (Post 30889518)
I'm more interested in how these two products would work as many fares come with high penalties. Perhaps they're just tricking people to buy these guarantees knowing that the fare rules cannot permit it?

It's either insurance (may be self insurance, or they could be passing risk off to another insurer), or it's possibly just a scam. The airlines and other vendors are likely not involved in the guarantee being offered.

SKYEG Oct 2, 2021 5:31 pm

I just used these guys for a business class flight as I could not contact the airline to book the flights i wanted. for some reason, it was $30 CDN cheaper to book on edreams compared to directly with COPA.

I got this coupon after i booked but wont probably book here again, so feel free to use if anyone wants it. I got a PNR right away and i can select seats, no issues so far:

FLIGHTS 40$ OFF* Discount code: 6NENFU9K Valid until 18.10.2021