Wiki Posts
Search

How do I book my tickect online?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2010, 7:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

How do I book my tickect online?

I have never booked any tickets online. So I am not aware of the procedure. Also I have heard that we can plan our trips online. Is there any online booking tool available or there are only websites to book tickets. Can anyone help me with this.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Kalven,

It is remarkably easy to book air tickets on-line. You already have the 1st ingredient - an on-line computer of some sort, or you couldn't have posted here. The only other thing you need is a valid credit card.

The airlines have their own sites - www.delta.com, www.aa.com (American), etc. To find one, just do a search on the airline name. You can book directly on them. Just find the flight you want by entering origin, destination and dates, and click on it. Then keep following instructions.

Then there are the more general sites - www.travelocity.com, www.expedia.com, www.orbitz.com, www.priceline.com, etc. You can book directly when on them, just like the airline sites.

Another category is even more general - www.kayak.com. It searches lots of sites, and comes up with many options. Then you link from that site to a selected actual purchasing site.

If you post a specific trip you want to take, I'm sure somebody here will help you if you get stuck in the process.

As far as planning trips, www.farecompare.com and matrix.itasoftware.com are very useful.

Why don't you post a little about just exactly what you are trying to do and then you will get a little more specific help. Where and when you want to travel? Why? ?? I necessarily had to be very general.

Romelle
Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:58 pm

Check out the wiki page comparison of the top search tools. Two of the sites listed are your best options when it comes to booking a flight, once you know the flight you want booked.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 7:09 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Once you have looked at airfares and if the airfares are the same book with the airline's web site, just less of a hassle if there are problems down the road. Less spoons stirring the pot the better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.