Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

identify Top Secret Hotels on lastminute.com

Old Aug 3, 2010, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Earlier it was possible to find out which hotel is behind Lastminute.com's Top Secret Hotels with this link:

http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/Pa...calTgsProvider

You just needed to replace the above ID with the ID you found at lastminute.com for your secret hotel in the browser text line.

Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by Tenere
Earlier it was possible to find out which hotel is behind Lastminute.com's Top Secret Hotels with this link:
I'm not sure I get how this works with lastminute.com ... are you sure you don't mean lastminutetravel.com?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marble
I'm not sure I get how this works with lastminute.com ... are you sure you don't mean lastminutetravel.com?
could be, you are right... so no chance to identify Hotels with Lastminute.com?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Google the description, all in quotes. You might have to pare it back a bit but 9 times out of 10 I've been able to figure it out this way.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 7:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Tenere
could be, you are right... so no chance to identify Hotels with Lastminute.com?
LastMinute.com is part of Travelocity. It's not part of Tourico Holiday's which runs LastMinuteTravel.com and EasyClickTravel.com

As for identifying Top Secret Hotels on Travelocity, you have to match up the traveller ratings in the range of the hotel (star rating) class you are looking at to the normal Travelocity hotel listings. It can be quite time consuming. It can be done in most areas, though.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:01 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Please follow this discussion in our Online Travel Booking/Bidding forum. As there's no specific deal involved, it's not a good fit for the Hotel Deals Forum.

--jpdx, Hotel Deals Moderator
Old Aug 3, 2010, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian
LastMinute.com is part of Travelocity. It's not part of Tourico Holiday's which runs LastMinuteTravel.com and EasyClickTravel.com

As for identifying Top Secret Hotels on Travelocity, you have to match up the traveller ratings in the range of the hotel (star rating) class you are looking at to the normal Travelocity hotel listings. It can be quite time consuming. It can be done in most areas, though.
Yes, this is exactly correct.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Originally Posted by dcpatti
Google the description, all in quotes. You might have to pare it back a bit but 9 times out of 10 I've been able to figure it out this way.
Would you please tell me more? What site's description?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MJLouise
Would you please tell me more? What site's description?
It can't be done for LastMinute.com and Travelocity.com for Top Secret Hotels. The poster thought they were posting about LastMinuteTravel.com where you can google sometimes but its easier to just change the hotel identifier number code to that on EasyClickTravel.com for that website.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 6:34 am

Old thread resurrection but I came across this when I was trying to identify the lastminute.com secret hotels. Turns out it's possible with some minor technical expertise - once I figured it out I wrote up the solution here: https blog.henricook.com How-to-defuzz-unobscure-lastminute-com-top-secret-hotel-images/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.