Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever booked with "Luxury for Less" (FLYL4L.COM) before?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone ever booked with "Luxury for Less" (FLYL4L.COM) before?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:40 pm

No Problems

I just booked a friend SYD-BKK-SYD. L4L got him the exact flights he wanted. Saved over $1,500 (TG Business Class). Paid by bank t/t but emailed TG SYD Res first. They confirmed tkt nmbrs and special rqsts were in booking and all was OK. Sent t/t next day. No problems at all. Extremely happy with service. More prompt than Flight Centre down the road.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Sure everything will work until airlines catch up what is going on with this company. As buyers seems to wire the money there is absolutely no recourse if something goes wrong. Eventually something will.

Personally I would be very hesitant flying on a ticket when I wouldn't know who is the person whose account has been used to "fund" the mileage ticket.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: BMI, VS, Marriott, SPG, HH*S, GoldPoints+
Originally Posted by holtju2
Sure everything will work until airlines catch up what is going on with this company. As buyers seems to wire the money there is absolutely no recourse if something goes wrong. Eventually something will.

Personally I would be very hesitant flying on a ticket when I wouldn't know who is the person whose account has been used to "fund" the mileage ticket.
I am not sure I agree with this. Even if airlines 'catch up' it is difficult to predict what they would, do even could do. This style of business is known to be practised in New York, London, Frankfurt and Madrid. So long as participants - buyer, seller, facilitator know what they are getting into, then as adults they have the choice of going down the route to some exceptional value tickets. Although it may be true to say that technically no recourse if something were to go wrong, I have heard enough stories of how similar operators are prepared to go to the n th degree to ensure that a client does not lose out. Typically the worse that might happen is someone is refused boarding, in which case an alternative has to be found. As a risk reward play, that might prove attractive to the savvy regular traveller.

I am in no position to recommend this particular group, but neither have I heard a bad thing said by users against L4L or other points operators.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: QF Gold PC Amb VA Gold UA Nothing
Any updates on this company? The lack of pay by Credit Card option is the one that stops me persoanlly (meaning no chargeback if L4L screws you!)
Old May 11, 2012, 11:17 pm

Fly4l.com

I too would like an update as I am flying to the UK in July.
Old May 15, 2012, 6:19 am
APx

Programs: M&M FTL, BA Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Blue
Originally Posted by docjames
Any updates on this company? The lack of pay by Credit Card option is the one that stops me persoanlly (meaning no chargeback if L4L screws you!)
Originally Posted by shaipatel
I too would like an update as I am flying to the UK in July.
I have just used L4L for the 3rd time this year (so a total of 5ve times in 2 years) and need to reiterate that the service is excellent and I've not had a single issue with any of my flights.

Yes, the non-credit card payment system is a bit of a pain and my conversations of late with them about this revealed, that it doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon (unless the credit card companies remove their fee's).

As mentioned, I would highly recommend them but understand some people want to have that safety net!

Whatever you decide, safe travels peeps!
Old May 19, 2012, 6:48 pm

Fly4l.com

Hey Apx,
Many thanks for the update. I'm going to risk it as living on the other side of the world in NZ means very little competition among airlines and painful prices for flights.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 2:28 am
APx

Programs: M&M FTL, BA Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Blue
Thumbs up GOOD NEWS!!!!

Originally Posted by docjames
Originally Posted by APx
I have just used L4L for the 3rd time this year (so a total of 5ve times in 2 years) and need to reiterate that the service is excellent and I've not had a single issue with any of my flights.

Yes, the non-credit card payment system is a bit of a pain and my conversations of late with them about this revealed, that it doesn't look like it's going to change any time soon (unless the credit card companies remove their fee's).

As mentioned, I would highly recommend them but understand some people want to have that safety net!

Whatever you decide, safe travels peeps!
How wrong was I?

Just checked my personal emails this morning and voila: http://www.flyl4l.com/newsletters/12june12.html

They now accept credit cards... wooohooo!!!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 7:17 am

Hi everybody
I read all the mail, since April 2010, and after some hesitation I am concluding that a company which is active more that 2 years should be trustworthy.
I still wonder however how they can collect so many miles in order to offer this service on a large scale ?
Anyway I asked them for a flight from Geneva to Colombo in business, I got a proposal for $ 3'120, i.e. 7% cheaper than regular fare. With such a small difference I prefer to book with a local travel agent. I am however bookmarking FLYL4L as I noted in the previous thread that they can propose sometime real bargain, until 50% of the regular price.
Do you know any other trustworthy company offering the same service ?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I've used these guys in the past. it seems shady because somehow always seem to have access to itineraries that others don't. I was flying from TLV - JFK and booked a flight on RJ through cheapo. The day before my flight my status on the website showed "unconfirmed". I called them up and they said it's all fine and not to worry about it. Had no problems getting to JFK.

I am going to Rome in Oct and just bought a ticket on BA (AA operated) for $640 one way. All other sites, including BA/AA price this ticket over $2k so not sure what to make of it.. hopefully i am able to fly the route! Will post back my experience in Oct.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Just to update in case anyone is looking.. I called up BA and they told me my reservation has been ticketed so looks legit so far.

I've consistently seen cheapoair have lower prices than other airlines - not sure how they get their inventory!

Originally Posted by Duffman
I've used these guys in the past. it seems shady because somehow always seem to have access to itineraries that others don't. I was flying from TLV - JFK and booked a flight on RJ through cheapo. The day before my flight my status on the website showed "unconfirmed". I called them up and they said it's all fine and not to worry about it. Had no problems getting to JFK.

I am going to Rome in Oct and just bought a ticket on BA (AA operated) for $640 one way. All other sites, including BA/AA price this ticket over $2k so not sure what to make of it.. hopefully i am able to fly the route! Will post back my experience in Oct.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: QF*WP QF*LTG
Hi all

I have been using l4l the last few years without any problems. I travel from Australia to Europe a few times a year and have saved a lot of money compared to using "normal" travel agents.

Yes you may not always get exactly the dates or route you ask for or prefer, but the savings are good enough for me to be flexible. But i have to admit I was a bit nervous the first time I used them....

Thanks
Thaigold
Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:26 pm

WARNING . Misleading possible SCAM

WARNING! They advertise first and business at 50 to 70% discounts. Their advertising is misleading. They cant provide what they offer. Their best offer to me on a transatlantic business return fare was only 8% less than the airlines normal price. When I queried why they offered much less than advertised, they dropped me like a hot cake saying they couldnt offer anything better . Goodbye.

Sounds like another Web scam to me.

Not worth the risk when they wont accept credit card payments.
So just what are they offering. 8% off the price, and what do you lose?
**You cant get the airline points for the flight
**No Airmiles by paying with a credit card
**No insurance against fraud because of the inability to pay by credit card
**No benefits like travel insurance either as no card payments accepted.

Worse: No office address. who knows what country they are hiding in? So if there was a problem the consumer couldnt apply to any national authority for assistance. It stacks up like a scam.

The risk is not worth the insignificant savings - if any, when one counts the losses I ve detailed.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: All of them...
deleted

Last edited by chff; Aug 31, 2014 at 9:09 pm
Old Jan 26, 2014, 5:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Just to let other knows, there are other Business/First Class International discount ticket operators that will get you 50-75% off. All you have to do is google something like "discount international business class." I have personally used one, and I was able to use a credit card. This is the best option just in case something does in fact go wrong, you can do a chargeback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.