Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

No Best Rate Guarantee or 24 hour cancellation on Expedia.ca

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Booked a flight yesterday afternoon on Expedia.ca - the price for the flight was priced in Canadian dollars, but was the same price as provided for Expedia.com when factoring the exchange rate.

Checked the same flight this morning, only to find that the price had gone down by $30 both on Expedia.ca and Expedia.com

Called Expedia Customer Service, thinking they would make a price adjustment, and I would get a $50 voucher, but they advised that there is no best rate guarantee on Expedia.ca, and they only offer a same day courtesy cancellation policy, and since I booked yesterday, I couldn't cancel the flight and rebook at the lower price.

Guess, when making any future bookings through Expedia, I'll make sure to do so through the Expedia.com web site, or Orbitz

I believe Expedia.com and Orbitz also offer a more generous 24 hour cancellation policy.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
hmmm - this seems to be true. I am looking at properties on Canada and expedia.ca makes no mention of a price guarantee unlike their counterparts in the US or Australia (or just about anywhere else it seems )
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:03 am

Absolutely true that expedia.ca does not price guarantee flights. I would definitely not recommend using expedia.ca for flight bookings if you are looking for best price and/or guarentee. I tried to book on expedia.com however I did not notice that I was automatically redirected to expedia.ca. I booked my flight, found a lower price within 24 hrs and tried to get a price match; THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENTS AT EXPEDIA.CA were NO HELP AT ALL. Wasted an hour of my time to be told THANKS FOR YOUR MONEY BUT THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO FOR YOU. I could have easily made the booking on Orbitz.com knowing that they will honourably fulfill their pricing policy. EXPEDIA IS MISLEADING ONLINE USERS IN CANADA and I will certainly find better online options for my next vacation. Two thumbs down for EXPEDIA.CA
Old Dec 5, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: AC E, Priority Club Plat, Hyatt Plat
Due to the above factors, I rarely book through expedia.ca.
Barring special promo/circumstances and if I have to book through an OTA, I much prefer to book through expedia.com.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Tigersan
Due to the above factors, I rarely book through expedia.ca.
Barring special promo/circumstances and if I have to book through an OTA, I much prefer to book through expedia.com.
Agreed, unless Expedia.ca is running another $300 off deal I will stick with .com
Old Mar 24, 2013, 7:03 am

I've sometimes seen huge car rental price differences on .ca versus .com, which is why it's worth checking both sites. Certeris paribus, book on expedia.com.
Old May 30, 2013, 7:08 pm

I also got burned by travelocity.ca as well. I booked 2 Westjet flight tickets from travelocity.ca last night and today $80 price drop! travelocity.ca does not have 24hr cancellation policy, and no price guarantee for stand alone flight bookings. The customer service rep basically said "too bad" even Westjet allow cancellations within 24hrs of booking. There is no incentive to using travelocity.ca or expedia.ca .....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.