FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies-204/)
-   -   lastminutetravel.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/1042997-lastminutetravel-com.html)

artyam Jan 22, 2010 7:00 pm

lastminutetravel.com

Has anyone booked hotels with them? I have figured out the hotel, but am a bit nervous since I have never used them before... Anyone used them with good results? Thank you so much for your help!

zbenye Jan 22, 2010 9:57 pm

I used them once without issue. It was one of their $10 deals. Got a night at a Hilton in Budapest including full breakfast for two, for a total with tax of $10.74 - and then I also got points AND miles for that stay...

I almost used them again in Los Angeles, but a last-minute Priceline bid beat their offer. I wouldn't hesitate to use them otherwise.

jaymar01 Jan 22, 2010 10:33 pm

They are terrific.

I booked a fare mistake for a one dollar/night 3-star hotel in Hong Kong. I never anticipating them honoring it, but they have completely stood behind their booking, and re-confirmed it.

Needless to say, I am a big fan of the site.

evala Jan 25, 2010 2:14 am

I travel quite a lot

I travel quite a lot so I do know them- they are really o.k, never been disappointed.

7Continents Jan 25, 2010 5:33 am

Though not in the past year or so, I have used them about 10 times in the past, never a problem with flights or hotels.

sc flier Jan 26, 2010 3:39 pm

Mixed reviews on this marketing windfall/fiasco from them (which coincidentally started exactly 1 year ago today)...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...per-night.html

FlyerGoldII Feb 1, 2010 8:05 am

So how does this web site compare with (other) opaque web sites like priceline or hotwire?

lo2e Feb 1, 2010 9:04 am

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII (Post 13299978)
So how does this web site compare with (other) opaque web sites like priceline or hotwire?

It's more like Hotwire. They show you a price and a vague description of the place. Some of their prices have been competitive with PL/HW, others have been in a different galaxy.

Case in point... I just did a search for this coming weekend in Portland, Maine... it gave me two hotel choices, one for $109 and the other for $123. The first is the Hilton Garden Inn at PWM, normal rate from hilton.com is $109, and the other is the HGI Downtown Portland, normal rate is $129 from hilton.com. Suffice to say that LMT would not save you much for either of those.

wschild Feb 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by lo2e (Post 13300369)
It's more like Hotwire. They show you a price and a vague description of the place. Some of their prices have been competitive with PL/HW, others have been in a different galaxy.

Case in point... I just did a search for this coming weekend in Portland, Maine... it gave me two hotel choices, one for $109 and the other for $123. The first is the Hilton Garden Inn at PWM, normal rate from hilton.com is $109, and the other is the HGI Downtown Portland, normal rate is $129 from hilton.com. Suffice to say that LMT would not save you much for either of those.

I have used site59.com (now redirects to lastminute.com) 10+ times and lastminute.com twice. But not for over a year.

Always happy with them in the past. (Great deals when airfare to some cities under 7 day advance is high.

Non-NonRev Feb 12, 2010 1:49 am

I have used their "secret hotel" feature to get substantial discounts on the Sofitel at LHR T5.

One note: The first time, the transaction caused my bank's fraud prevention department to "lock" my (US-based) credit card account (I was able to call and get the lock removed, however, it caused embarrassment when a transaction was declined). The second time, I called in advance to advise my bank that a transaction would be coming in, and the account was not locked.

artyam Feb 14, 2010 9:44 am

Looking at Miami 3/19 - 3/21 Intercontinental (can tell by description of hotel)$161 LMT, $222 Friends and Family, IGH website and Priceline $296.

I am still nervous to use LMT...I have never used any of the online travel booking and bidding agencies.:confused:

CalItalian Feb 14, 2010 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by wschild (Post 13375575)
I have used site59.com (now redirects to lastminute.com) 10+ times and lastminute.com twice. But not for over a year.

Always happy with them in the past. (Great deals when airfare to some cities under 7 day advance is high.

Do not confuse lastminute.com and lastminutetravel.com Two COMPLETELY different websites with two different owners.

petrapol Feb 28, 2010 11:57 am

Lastminutetravel.com

Lastminutetravel.com is an excellent web site. I found there many times last minute deals for very attractive prices. There is no need to be afraid, it's a reliable web site which exist many years.

jlawrence01 Mar 2, 2010 12:07 am

Originally Posted by artyam (Post 13236958)
Has anyone booked hotels with them? I have figured out the hotel, but am a bit nervous since I have never used them before... Anyone used them with good results? Thank you so much for your help!

I found it to be one of the least "opaque" sites around. I could pretty much identify every Reno hotel on the site. The prices on the site were not all bad either.

jontan Mar 5, 2010 3:09 am

they good to use

they are good to go. dont worry abut it.