lastminutetravel.com

Old Feb 12, 12, 4:43 pm

Sometimes better deals than Hotwire or Priceline

I just got a 3.5 star hotel room in Boston for $147 or $169 with tax, the Boston Marriott Copley Square for June 2012.

LMT uses the same engine and hotel ratings as Expedia. I did my research and narrowed the Undercover hotel to 2 possible ones and both are good and LMT delivered.

The only negative I see is that the distance to airport is way off so keep that in mind when doing your research.

I tried shill bidding with PL and checked Hotwire and nothing comes close to the Back Bay or Downtown area in this class of hotels.

If someone wants to try Boston 4 star hotels in the same Back Bay area, I narrowed down it to the Colonnade for $202. Too bad I already booked the Marriott since the Colonnade has much better reviews on TripAdvisor.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 12, 12, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by smurfit View Post
I just got a 3.5 star hotel room in Boston for $147 or $169 with tax, the Boston Marriott Copley Square for June 2012.

LMT uses the same engine and hotel ratings as Expedia. I did my research and narrowed the Undercover hotel to 2 possible ones and both are good and LMT delivered.

If someone wants to try Boston 4 star hotels in the same Back Bay area, I narrowed down it to the Colonnade for $202. Too bad I already booked the Marriott since the Colonnade has much better reviews on TripAdvisor.
It's possible to positively identify opaque hotels on LMT.com using a couple of different methods discussed here:

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.p...ic=112137&st=0
Old Aug 22, 12, 12:39 pm

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I know it's been a while since the last posting here, but just wanted to mention another possible way I discovered of finding out the name of the "secret" hotel (besides BEAV's great info on BB).

Enter your desired city and dates on the U.S. LMT page. After getting the price info, click on the LMT site for Germany and reenter your info. Interface is the same (strangely enough, also the same for hoteltravel.com. Is that also tourico these days?), but on the U.S.site, the hotel I am looking to book in Alexandria, VA is the "secret" hotel, on the Germany page it's the Monaco. Price is the same for U.S. & Germany (taking the exchange rate into account), and quite a bit better than Hotwire or Yuupon (which states that this hotel charges a resort fee. Huh? That is listed nowhere else.) It also has a 72 hr. cancellation possibility.

Anyone found any discount codes for LMT recently?
Old Aug 22, 12, 1:13 pm

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Edit to above post:

Booked Hotel Monaco on LMT (US site) - $105 per night, (Hotwire $116, Hotel Monaco $179)

Good deal made better with coupon code: UNDERCOVER10 ($10 off minimum $200)
Old Aug 22, 12, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Tenerife View Post
Edit to above post:

Booked Hotel Monaco on LMT (US site) - $105 per night, (Hotwire $116, Hotel Monaco $179)

Good deal made better with coupon code: UNDERCOVER10 ($10 off minimum $200)
Hotel Monaco is a great hotel - stayed there last September for 1 night. Make sure that you sign up for Kimpton's rewards program before arriving.This will get you free internet during your stay and some other perks. The service at this property is impeccable - like none I have experienced anywhere. I was upgraded to a Meditterranean Suite which was 850 sq feet with a spectacular bathroom and jacuzzi tub. Kimpton is the best! They do status match if you have status with any othe hotel chains too...

http://www.kimptonhotels.com/intouch/KIT_overview.aspx
Old Aug 25, 12, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by robertwcook16 View Post
Hotel Monaco is a great hotel - stayed there last September for 1 night. Make sure that you sign up for Kimpton's rewards program before arriving.This will get you free internet during your stay and some other perks. The service at this property is impeccable - like none I have experienced anywhere. I was upgraded to a Meditterranean Suite which was 850 sq feet with a spectacular bathroom and jacuzzi tub. Kimpton is the best! They do status match if you have status with any othe hotel chains too...

http://www.kimptonhotels.com/intouch/KIT_overview.aspx
Thanks for the great recommendation of the Monaco! It looks wonderful, and we'll be celebrating a major wedding anniversary during our stay, so I noted that on our reservation. Hope we have your luck with being upgraded to a suite. I'd already signed up for the InTouch program. (If I had read your post earlier, I could have given you credit for recommending me.)

P.S. Thanks for mentioning the status matching -- I'm Hilton & Radisson Gold, so will try going the match route.
Old Aug 25, 12, 4:48 pm

Also call ahead and speak with a concierge for some recommendations for a special restaurant for your celebration. The people there are amazing. When I arrived everyone who greeted me greeted me by name. HOW DO THEY DO THAT??!!! It was a memorable stay...
Old Aug 29, 12, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
LMT coupon code

LABOR20 - $20 off Hotel. Expires: 4/Sep. Min purchase of $200.
Old Mar 31, 19, 6:30 pm

Any new intel on them?

I have a Google One subscription and apparently through Google's new hotel portal (google.com/hotels) Google is offering discounts through lastminutetravel.

I saved 10% this way on a hotel in France. I received a normal email confirming my stay from Google and then a separate email from tourico holidays (...?) also confirming my stay.

Meanwhile, Google's email says there's free cancellation up until three days before my hotel stay and tourico says "Please note you are within cancellation penalty of a full fare fee." The tourico email also says:Please note that while your booking has been confirmed and is guaranteed, the rooming list with your name may not be adjusted in the hotelís reservation system until closer to arrival. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact us via the email or phone information on this voucher.What is going on here???
Old Mar 31, 19, 7:18 pm

My spidey sense was not right, as you can see above. I called to cancel and they said that I was responsible for the full hotel room despite Google One clearly saying:"No charge if you cancel or change by Tuesday, July 2, 2019 (3 days before check-in). After that, you'll be charged for 1 night's stay."
I forwarded them the Google One email and they refunded me the full amount. F this website. Shocked Google is partnering with them.
Old May 3, 21, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by NYCRachel View Post
My spidey sense was not right, as you can see above. I called to cancel and they said that I was responsible for the full hotel room despite Google One clearly saying:"No charge if you cancel or change by Tuesday, July 2, 2019 (3 days before check-in). After that, you'll be charged for 1 night's stay."
I forwarded them the Google One email and they refunded me the full amount. F this website. Shocked Google is partnering with them.
Good to hear that you were able to get your refund I just booked through them at the Hilton Buenos Aires for next February before and after a cruise (not quite last minute). The email from Google does indeed show the confirmation policy the same as you described. The price was half of what I was able to find elsewhere, so I decided that prepaying this early was worth doing. I emailed the hotel's reservation department at the address in the confirmation that LMT sent me and the hotel responded that they did indeed show my reservation, and added my Hhonors number to them, so now I see them when I log into the Hilton site.
Old May 27, 21, 8:01 am

Programs: UA GS
Just booked the Seattle Airport Marriott for $115 including taxes on lastminutetravel.com. Marriott app was selling for $198. I was tempted to book with Marriott and try the price match guarantee. But I didnít want to take the risk of paying extra and getting denied. Iíll try next time when I can book a few days or more in advance.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: