Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

xONEx fare rule changes (in conjunction with the 10% sale)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xONEx fare rule changes (in conjunction with the 10% sale)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by nomoreiphone
I am not 100% sure what this rule means??
I thought you can purchase an EX ICN ticket from UK/EU/Canada based on the previous rule change? What has changed?

Also why do you guys want to deal with the AA GSA in ICN? I basically used AA UK to issue the tix and it is billed in GBP. All over the phone.
Also to save some $$$ I used the local AA office to make changes before the queue it to the Tarrif desk in DUB.
What's changed is that the COP minimum check exception for the ECAA now only applies when BOTH sales AND travel happen in the ECAA. Thus using AA UK to issue a DONE4 ex-ICN now will result your itinerary being priced at the higher UK fare.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 4:20 am
adr

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, IC RA
So, has anybody found a way to ticket AA ICN using a credit card?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 6:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
cheapest xONEx countries of origin circa 2/3/09

FWIW, I priced out xONEx using today's prices and currency exchange rates before taxes and fuel charges.

UK is cheapest for LONE3, S. Africa takes the lead for other LONEx.

S. Korea is cheapest for DONE3/AONE3 and DONE6/AONE6

S. Africa has it for DONE4/DONE5/AONE4/AONE5
Old Feb 3, 2009, 2:16 pm

so which price do you get when you use the online booking tool?

We've just booked/paid for a DONE5 ex JNB. Home is the UK. We booked before this rule change so paid via the AA desk in the UK.

However, now I'm understanding this new rule, we couldn't do this- and we'd end up paying the UK fare.

But what about using the online booking tool? Excuse if this is a really obvious question- I'm assuming that during the booking process it asks for a home address and then this triggers somehow a higher fare?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by mslise
We've just booked/paid for a DONE5 ex JNB. Home is the UK. We booked before this rule change so paid via the AA desk in the UK.

However, now I'm understanding this new rule, we couldn't do this- and we'd end up paying the UK fare.

But what about using the online booking tool? Excuse if this is a really obvious question- I'm assuming that during the booking process it asks for a home address and then this triggers somehow a higher fare?
No, the online booking tool considers the country of origin as the country of payment. See, e.g., this and this.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by BDA shorts

Code:
          WHEN TRAVEL ORIGINATES IN A COUNTRY FOR WHICH A       
          SPECIFIC LOCAL CURRENCY FARE IS PUBLISHED AND         
          THE TICKET IS SOLD IN ANOTHER COUNTRY THE FARE        
          WILL BE THAT PUBLISHED FOR THE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN      
          CONVERTED TO THE CURRENCY OF THE COUNTRY OF SALE      
          AT THE BANK SELLING RATE. THE RESULTANT FARE          
          MUST NOT BE LOWER THAN THAT FROM THE COUNTRY OF       
          SALE.                                                 
            EXCEPTION - NOT APPLICABLE FOR SALES MADE AND/      
               OR TRAVEL ORIGINATING IN CANADA OR WHEN BOTH     
               TRAVEL ORIGINATES AND SALES ARE MADE WITHIN     ‡
               THE EUROPEAN COMMON AVIATION AREAS /ECAA/.      ‡
Noting the exception above, may I do the following:

1. Call the AA RTW desk and book am AONE3 ex-ICN with the first international segment dated and all other segments open-dated.

2. I realize the ticket would have to be a paper ticket due to the open-dated segments.

3. Go to Montreal, Toronto or other Canadian city and purchase the ticket there at the ex-ICN prices.

Any insights, experiences and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. Specifically procedures and with whom to accomplish this in Canada. Do you just go to the AA ticket counter at a Canadian airport where you pay for the ticket and they write up and issue you a paper ticket, or do you need to do this through a Canada TA or other entity? TIA

Last edited by aaupgrade; Feb 4, 2009 at 3:55 pm
Old Feb 4, 2009, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
A search for threads in this forum with posts in the last year and Canada in the title returned the following:

Last edited by serfty; Feb 4, 2009 at 4:38 pm
Old Feb 4, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Thanks Serfty. I searched for ICN and Canada. I guess I just didn't think of the obvious. I will check those out. Thx again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.