Search

is 3 cont SWP-ASIA-AFR-SWP possible ex SWP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
is 3 cont SWP-ASIA-AFR-SWP possible ex SWP

sorry ,

I looked through the stickies but couldnt find what I wanted and I have been out of the industry for a long time so I honestly dont remember ( I did try the search function but I dont think I refined my criteria enough as I didnt get anything useful )

what I want ideally is something like

AKL QF x/SYD QF x/JNB BA MRU BA x/JNB CX x/HKG CX AKL but for the life of me I cannot recall whether such a circle fare exists

anyone able to put me out of my misery as to whether such a product exists ?

Last edited by kiwiandrew; Jan 21, 2009 at 2:38 pm Reason: damn - cant edit the title to include question mark at the end !!!
Old Jan 21, 2009, 2:40 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Sure, it's a Circle Trip Explorer - http://www.oneworld.com/ow/air-trave...-trip-explorer
Old Jan 21, 2009, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Sure, it's a Circle Trip Explorer - http://www.oneworld.com/ow/air-trave...-trip-explorer

thanks for the quick response and link - I must be getting old - I was sure it existed but I could not find it

Mods - please feel free to delete this thread to save space
Old Jan 21, 2009, 4:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by kiwiandrew
Mods - please feel free to delete this thread to save space
No need. I'm sure it will be of use to others.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:04 pm

It was once called a Circle Indian or a Circle Indian Ocean, which may have been the confusion. Personally, I think calling it a Circle Indian Ocean was more descriptive than a Circle Trip Explorer.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:56 pm

Programs: QF Gold, SQ, AA, HA
Originally Posted by Darren
It was once called a Circle Indian or a Circle Indian Ocean, which may have been the confusion. Personally, I think calling it a Circle Indian Ocean was more descriptive than a Circle Trip Explorer.
Agreed, you'd think logically having a Circle Pacific would mean having related products called Circle Indian (and maybe even Circle Atlantic!).

To the OP regarding itinerary, I've noticed availability on SYD-JNB and vv can be quite spotty in D/L so you might want to have a play with KVS or EF if you haven't done so already. The timing of JNB-MRU and vv is also fairly inconvenient as regards connecting with other oneworld flights, apart from the fact that it's only 3x a week. Maybe worth looking into the possibility of a return JNB-MRU on MK instead of spending a couple of nights at a JNB airport hotel.

Just finally, there's plenty of scope for side-trips given what you'd be doing wth the Circle Explorer - maybe Tokyo or Ayres Rock or similar?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by mrboh
Agreed, you'd think logically having a Circle Pacific would mean having related products called Circle Indian ...
Maybe some punters were wondering why Africa needed to be included in a "Circle India" rather than just DEL, BOM etc ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.