FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   Who will be the next oneworld member? + New membership announcements [merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/908991-who-will-next-oneworld-member-new-membership-announcements-merged.html)

IC6A Apr 29, 2010 11:37 am

Originally Posted by tenn_ace (Post 13865842)
S7 is not on the list?

Used to be. But since they signed the MOU it no longer need to be in the list.

shanghaiman May 2, 2010 3:23 am

Shenzhen airlines highly doubtful, as it has just been bought by *member Air China.

Originally Posted by IC6A (Post 13865800)
Hainan Airlines-- 1/50
Gol--1/100
US Airways -- 1/200
Shenzhen Airlines -- 1/250
El Al--1/250
Air Pacific -- 1/500
JetStar -- 1/500
Ethitopian--1/500
Malaysia -- 1/800
JetBlue-- 1/800
Flybe -- 1/1000
Etihad -- 1/1000
Alaska -- 1/1500
West Jet/Porter--1/1500
Jet Airways --1/1500
Gulf Air -- 1/1500
Air Berlin --1/1500
Air Mauritious -- 1/2000
China Eastern -- (now ST member)
Kingfisher -- (Already signed MOU with OneWorld)

Additional info:
1>, The candidate with lowest book rate may not be the first to sign up with OneWorld
2>, The candidates with odd over 500 should not be considered as possible OW members. However their position may change following unexpected news come into press.
3>, You should watch those between 1/500-1/1000 (exluding) closely.

DownUnderFlyer May 2, 2010 5:29 am

Originally Posted by IC6A (Post 13865800)
Ethitopian--1/500

Considering that they have publicly stated that they want to apply for *A membership in 2010 I don't think OW is on the agenda for them.

IC6A May 2, 2010 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 13882116)
Considering that they have publicly stated that they want to apply for *A membership in 2010 I don't think OW is on the agenda for them.

That is where my profit conming from. Even though there is no chance but somebody would bet on it...;)

bamboosensation May 2, 2010 8:39 pm

OW desperately needs to fill in Europe gaps. The lack of direct flights from US to Central/Scandi/Eastern europe is ridiculous

Kiwi Flyer May 2, 2010 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by bamboosensation (Post 13886084)
OW desperately needs to fill in Europe gaps. The lack of direct flights from US to Central/Scandi/Eastern europe is ridiculous

OW already has AY for Scandanavia. I very much doubt SK would jump from *A to OW.

As for central & eastern Europe, which airlines provide significant numbers of direct flights/routes to USA which are not already a member of an alliance?

Perhaps the lack of such routes in OW is reflective of an overall lack of demand. After all, AA doesn't fly to Central Europe, Eastern Europe or Scandanavia either.

IC6A May 3, 2010 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 13886545)
Perhaps the lack of such routes in OW is reflective of an overall lack of demand. After all, AA doesn't fly to Central Europe, Eastern Europe or Scandanavia either.

That is the KEY answer to many questions arised here.

bamboosensation May 3, 2010 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by IC6A (Post 13889303)
That is the KEY answer to many questions arised here.

Ok, maybe I should specify. No direct flights from say, JFK to ANYWHERE in Germany is insane. Something has to change with that.

Flights direct from east coast to places like Lisbon, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, AMsterdam, Copenhagen, Athens

Surely there is demand

DownUnderFlyer May 3, 2010 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by bamboosensation (Post 13891026)
Ok, maybe I should specify. No direct flights from say, JFK to ANYWHERE in Germany is insane. Something has to change with that.

Flights direct from east coast to places like Lisbon, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, AMsterdam, Copenhagen, Athens

Surely there is demand

I agree, no OW flights between Germany and NY is strange. Then again, Germany is not really OW territory.
But from JFK you can go to Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, London, Brussels, Milan, Zurich and Helsinki.

UncleDude May 4, 2010 8:23 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 13893230)
But from JFK you can go to Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, London, Brussels, Milan, Zurich and Helsinki.

All of which have connections to FRA, MUC, DUS and BER^

UncleDude May 4, 2010 8:25 am

Originally Posted by bamboosensation (Post 13886084)

Unfortnately as DL Discovered to their Cost there is no Premium Revenue to Eastern Europe.

DownUnderFlyer May 4, 2010 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by UncleDude (Post 13896071)
All of which have connections to FRA, MUC, DUS and BER^

Connections yes but not all of them on OW.

kebosabi May 6, 2010 5:15 pm

OW needs to look at seriously developing it's often overlooked partner, Malev's BUD as a hub more. Granted it's not as great as LH's FRA, but it's the closest they have as a useable central European hub for onward connections on MA.

goback May 6, 2010 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by kebosabi (Post 13913114)
OW needs to look at seriously developing it's often overlooked partner, Malev's BUD as a hub more. Granted it's not as great as LH's FRA, but it's the closest they have as a useable central European hub for onward connections on MA.

BUD would seem to provide a good second major port for QF as well. It would eliminate a lot of the back tracking that currently has to be done from LHR. Though with the coming of the long-thin route ability of the 787, QF may be able to cover many southern & central European ports out of SIN direct or even PER.

Some on the BA board have been less than impressed with MA's abilities.

Himeno May 7, 2010 5:35 am

Originally Posted by goback (Post 13914619)
Though with the coming of the long-thin route ability of the 787, QF may be able to cover many southern & central European ports out of SIN direct or even PER.

http://www.gcmap.com/map?P=PER-FCO%0...800&MX=720x360
788 range of 7,650 to 8,200 nautical miles
PER-FCO, BUD and HEL

Rome might be cutting it a bit close with any weight limits and fuel reserve requirements, but Helsinki or Budapest should be doable.