Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

oneworld xONEx online booking tool [merged threads]

oneworld xONEx online booking tool [merged threads]

Old Jan 28, 2009, 3:32 pm
KKT

Programs: OZ Diamond, CX Silver, UA, DL
Originally Posted by tt7
There are a couple of current threads related to this topic - there currently does not appear to be any confirmation of fares going up but there is also an apparent "10% sale discount" starting on Feb 1 - so as someone has already pointed out, maybe the fares will go up 10% on Feb 1.

If you buy it online using the oneworld tool, then presumably there should be no issues in getting country-of-origin pricing.

$125 each time you change destinations. No fee for date/time changes. Best idea is to pick the places you currently think you want on the ticket (and specific dates and times, as you can't do an 'open' ticket online) and then change them later if you have to. It's $125 for each set of changes, not for each changed destination, so if you are going to make changes to the destinations, try to do them all at the same time.

I think the 12 month validity of the ticket runs from the date of the first flight and not from when the ticket is issued but perhaps others can confirm that (as I've never done a ticket that I wanted to go for more than 12 months out from when it was originally issued).
Thanks tt7, thank you very much for your clear explanation, much appreciated.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
I was finally able to book my AONE3 on-line. I did it as an ex-ICN (Korea) itinerary.

I had to get the oneworld desk involved to get it done.

The problem, and the reason I was getting the error message, was that the tool showed one of the Cathay flights as available in F (LHR to HKG), but it apparently wasn't so the tool locked-up and gave me an error message (without telling me what the error really was).

I switched the flight to BA and was able to book it. I then went to the CX office and switched it back to the CX flight, which was in fact available.

There is a problem in that CX uses a proprietary internal booking engine. The availability showing elsewhere does not always match. For example, Apollo showed it as A4. Sabre showed it as A0.

I have run into this with CX in the past.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:27 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by tt7
I think the 12 month validity of the ticket runs from the date of the first flight and not from when the ticket is issued but perhaps others can confirm that (as I've never done a ticket that I wanted to go for more than 12 months out from when it was originally issued).
Yes, I did several times.
In my last AONE3, it took almost 18 months from a ticket issue to a final segment.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 7:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Is the booking part of the tool working today?

The following error(s) occured
We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012)
This message is after I've validated, checked the fare + taxes, confirmed availability, entered traveller details.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I couln't even get that far .. after selecting "BooK' I receved an error page with the following title:
Code:
oneworld - <div class="buttonPage"><a href="javascript:window.history.back();">< Back</a></div>
Old Feb 9, 2009, 5:38 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Is the booking part of the tool working today?

This message is after I've validated, checked the fare + taxes, confirmed availability, entered traveller details.
I was getting this yesterday morning (GMT) but it seemed to sort itself out later in the day.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 12:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Still getting the same error message (now 3 days in a row)
Old Feb 9, 2009, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I can get past where I could yesterday ... right through to the CC details.

Since I'm not buying at this time, I can't go any further ...
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Same error message again today, and fare quoted is normal fare less 5% not less 10%.

The following error(s) occured
We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012)
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:23 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Same error message again today, and fare quoted is normal fare less 5% not less 10%.

- while this tool was a good idea in theory, in practice it has far too many issues to be of much use to most of us. It may be useful to the average Joe Bloggs, but for now I think I'll stick to dealing with TAs and/or airlines.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:30 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tt7
...online booking tool (limited to xONEx tickets initially)
Any rumours on the wind as to if/when this tool will be patched to work with xGLOBx too?

cheers,

Henry
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:42 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
I successfully entered a booking ex-Korea, with AA as the first flight. I get a voicemail message from AA Europe this morning (guessing by the accent and time of phone call). I'm instructed "to call us back urgently and confirm payment in euros or pounds". I call the US RTW desk this morning, and they say there is a note from the ATO that a US credit card is not accepted. They want to charge me the ex-US price. Next step is calling AA Europe.

Anyone successfully ticket online Ex-Korea with a non Korean credit card with AA?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
I successfully entered a booking ex-Korea, with AA as the first flight. I get a voicemail message from AA Europe this morning (guessing by the accent and time of phone call). I'm instructed "to call us back urgently and confirm payment in euros or pounds". I call the US RTW desk this morning, and they say there is a note from the ATO that a US credit card is not accepted. They want to charge me the ex-US price. Next step is calling AA Europe.

Anyone successfully ticket online Ex-Korea with a non Korean credit card with AA?
So what happened?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 1:06 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
I gave up - AA Europe would not help as the ATO notated the record that they would not ticket with a US credit card. I'm assuming that the GSA in Korea handles the ticketing for this. Due to their refusal to not take credit cards in person, they seem to carry this over to Internet sales via the oneWorld tool too. I'd be curious to hear if anyone here has had success ticketing AA ex-ICN with the online tool. I sure could not. Interestingly, I called Amex and they did show an authorization for ~$1.40 USD from AA, so they did ping my card (don't know if the online booking tool did this or Korea, I'm thinking the former did - the amount is close to 1GBP).

I tried to book with AA to reduce the fuel fines, but it wasn't meant to be. I
originally intended to fly ICN(JL/AA codeshare)-NRT(AA)-LAX. My preference was to fly ICN-HKG-LAX on CX anyhow -- this has just forced me to do it.

My original routing was ICN-NRT-LAX-JFK-GIG-SCL-IPC-SCL-FRA-HEL-LHR-MCT-LHR-SIN-CMB-HKG-ICN. With AA the total taxes amounted to ~$260usd. Keeping the itinerary the same, but changing to CX ICN-HKG-LAX changed the taxes to a whopping ~$1000, the difference was the fuel surcharges. I found that if I deleted all BA/QF sectors, the total taxes dropped to $280.

Also, it seems that in CX's tax summary, any CX/AA/LA fuel surcharges will get lumped into the "Multiple Surcharges" bucket, while QF/BA will get placed into the "Fuel Surcharges" bucket. The QF/BA surcharges are the absolute worst, in the above case HEL(BA)-LHR(BA)-MCT(BA)-LHR(QF)-SIN, cost an additional $650 in fuel fines.

I'm most likely going to reissue the ticket later this year, and I will add the BA/QF segments back, but have AA do it rather than CX. I'll only get dinged the $125 reissue fee, but not the insane fuel fines (unless QF/BA come to their senses and lower these soon).

I'm a bit miffed that AA's GSA can get away with not accepting credit cards, especially for Internet purchases on this new tool. CX has always been able to do this (by requiring the card to be presented at first check-in).

Anyhow, problem solved without spending much more, and I'll be flying a better carrier across the Pacific. Easily worth the few extra bucks.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
Does anyone know if it is possible to book an AONEx more than 8 days out online (to comply with the booking tool restrictions) and then move the starting date to within the next few days? I'm considering doing a trip, but might want to start it over the Easter break. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.