Community
Wiki Posts
Search

oneworld xONEx online booking tool [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2009, 1:39 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wijomas
I keep getting "Sorry, there was an error. Booking engine could not be contacted: input string not in correct format"

Anyone else getting this error? It worked fine for me yesterday, but not today...
I'm getting this for an ex-Saigon ticket (that it states is a valid itinerary (and I know is)):

"The following error(s) occured: We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012)"

That's helpful...
Old Jan 10, 2009, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I'm getting this for an ex-Saigon ticket (that it states is a valid itinerary (and I know is)):

"The following error(s) occured: We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012)"
Is this error message occurring as the system is trying to confirm a particular segment or does this happen after all segments have been confirmed and you are proceeding to the booking step (or, even worse, after you've entered payment details)? What is the full itinerary you are trying to book? Who is the marketing carrier on the first segment?
Old Jan 10, 2009, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Connected1
Is this error message occurring as the system is trying to confirm a particular segment or does this happen after all segments have been confirmed and you are proceeding to the booking step (or, even worse, after you've entered payment details)? What is the full itinerary you are trying to book? Who is the marketing carrier on the first segment?
After confirmation of the entire itinerary and entry of the traveller info, but before payment details are requested. Has been going on for five days now on two separate computers.

First segment is on CX.

Routing is: SGN-xHKG-oJFK-oLAX-xDFW-oIAD-oDFW-oLAX-oLHR-oNCE-oLHR-oCAI-xLHR-xHKG-oMNL-xHKG-oSGN
Old Jan 22, 2009, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question Oneworld online RTW booking tool

Have priced up an AONE3 ex ICN using the above. The taxes that are quoted are they based on the ticket being ticketed with the airline providing the first sector ( in my case CX). Could I take the itinerary to AA and get an overall cheaper total cost because taxes would be cheaper? Only AA flights are N American domestic.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 6:22 am

Typically AA will not ticket if at least one of the over ocean segments is not on AA metal.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 8:31 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by col747uk
Have priced up an AONE3 ex ICN using the above. The taxes that are quoted are they based on the ticket being ticketed with the airline providing the first sector ( in my case CX). Could I take the itinerary to AA and get an overall cheaper total cost because taxes would be cheaper? Only AA flights are N American domestic.
Very possible. Why not ask and see? Skype is your friend.

AFAIK AA is not uptight at present about AA trans-oceanic as a "requirement;" in a worst case you could look for an AA codeshare on JL or CX metal transpacific, which would seal the deal.

It wouldn't be cheaper taxes, it would be cheaper fuel surcharges.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 11:33 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
booking tool minimum connection time (MCT) too long
Old Jan 23, 2009, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Very possible. Why not ask and see? Skype is your friend.

AFAIK AA is not uptight at present about AA trans-oceanic as a "requirement;" in a worst case you could look for an AA codeshare on JL or CX metal transpacific, which would seal the deal.

It wouldn't be cheaper taxes, it would be cheaper fuel surcharges.
My ticket has no AA trans-oceanic flights (just two flights within the Americas) and AA were happy to issue. And yes, saved a fortune in fuel surcharges vs BA's quote, who my first flight is with.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 2:41 am

Programs: AA Bonvoy
Originally Posted by thetravelguy
Yes, but if you try to purchase this and pay with a card using a billing address other than the country of origin, the pricing in the country of origin will be compared to the price in the country of sale and the higher will apply

They are strict on this over the phone, but there are ways around this. Call the local country agent who will take a US card. I booked on line departing from South Africa using a US credit card. It went straight to Qantas South Africa and I paid Rands. Taxes seemed high... perhaps I could have done better had I read this thread first.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 4:04 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
It is simply not true that the billing address of the credit card is in any way relevant to the price you pay. The country of sale is the location of the agent making the sale. I do wish people would stop propagating this utter myth.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:40 pm

will this tool work using FF points?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
No - the tool is designed specifically for OneWorldExplorer revenue tickets.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 8:19 am
KKT

Programs: OZ Diamond, CX Silver, UA, DL
It is very confusing but interesting in reading through all the threads.

I have a few questions :

1) I noticed in Star Alliance thread that RTW will go up massively from 1 Feb., is Oneworld RTW going up from 1 Feb as well?

2) I am based in Hong Kong. Previously I have purchased tickets on Cathay Taiwan website (TPE-HKG-TPE); Air New Zesland UK website (LHR -HKG-LHR) and have no problem in paying the fare starting in that country, I suppose it will be the same if I am buying CRTW starting from Seoul on-line.

3) If the fare is also going up on 1 Feb, I am trying to buy the ticket tomorrow on line (I am in Osaka at the moment). I will be starting my trip in Oct 2009 and travelling until Aug 2010. I am only certain with the date of the first 3 flights (in Oct) but with not the rest of itin. Also, I cannot book flight more than 12 months and not with a OPEN date. Can I make up the places and dates of the remaining itin and change it later? Am I correct that changing of dates do not require a fee and change of destinations require a fee?

Previously nearly all my RTW were on Star and less familiar with Oneworld.

Many thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by christep
It is simply not true that the billing address of the credit card is in any way relevant to the price you pay. The country of sale is the location of the agent making the sale. I do wish people would stop propagating this utter myth.
Not this conversation, again. Chris is completely correct.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 1:52 pm
tt7
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KKT
1) I noticed in Star Alliance thread that RTW will go up massively from 1 Feb., is Oneworld RTW going up from 1 Feb as well?
There are a couple of current threads related to this topic - there currently does not appear to be any confirmation of fares going up but there is also an apparent "10% sale discount" starting on Feb 1 - so as someone has already pointed out, maybe the fares will go up 10% on Feb 1.

Originally Posted by KKT
2) I am based in Hong Kong. Previously I have purchased tickets on Cathay Taiwan website (TPE-HKG-TPE); Air New Zesland UK website (LHR -HKG-LHR) and have no problem in paying the fare starting in that country, I suppose it will be the same if I am buying CRTW starting from Seoul on-line.
If you buy it online using the oneworld tool, then presumably there should be no issues in getting country-of-origin pricing.

Originally Posted by KKT
3) If the fare is also going up on 1 Feb, I am trying to buy the ticket tomorrow on line (I am in Osaka at the moment). I will be starting my trip in Oct 2009 and travelling until Aug 2010. I am only certain with the date of the first 3 flights (in Oct) but with not the rest of itin. Also, I cannot book flight more than 12 months and not with a OPEN date. Can I make up the places and dates of the remaining itin and change it later? Am I correct that changing of dates do not require a fee and change of destinations require a fee?
$125 each time you change destinations. No fee for date/time changes. Best idea is to pick the places you currently think you want on the ticket (and specific dates and times, as you can't do an 'open' ticket online) and then change them later if you have to. It's $125 for each set of changes, not for each changed destination, so if you are going to make changes to the destinations, try to do them all at the same time.

I think the 12 month validity of the ticket runs from the date of the first flight and not from when the ticket is issued but perhaps others can confirm that (as I've never done a ticket that I wanted to go for more than 12 months out from when it was originally issued).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.