Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aone6 ex mru sanity check

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2007, 7:55 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Also IIRC MRU tacks on a US$300 service charge for ticket issuance.

In all, and not counting two LHR stops, it looks like you're paying something along the lines of 15% for taxes and fees. For comparison's sake, some friends of mine just got AA pricing on US-issued DONE4s in which the taxes and fees came to 6.2%.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP; Formerly an Over-Entitled UA 1K MM until I wised-up and left UA for AA.
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Also IIRC MRU tacks on a US$300 service charge for ticket issuance.

In all, and not counting two LHR stops, it looks like you're paying something along the lines of 15% for taxes and fees. For comparison's sake, some friends of mine just got AA pricing on US-issued DONE4s in which the taxes and fees came to 6.2%.
thanks. before i started using cmb as a starting point, i was paying around that for having them issued in the usa aswell.

i am going to stop complaining now though. even with ba's egregious fuel fines, taxes and surcharges, this is still a great deal.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 11:28 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
I wonder why the advice against HKG-BKK.We have just flown FCO-HKG-BKK on CX.We had the same plane on both sectors and it definitely was 3 class.We were in J with lie flat seats but a week later flew CX 713 BKK-SIN which is the continuation of the HKG-BKK flight.We were upgraded to F and it is definitely an F experience.I guess it is not one of their newer planes.Bangkok also is one of our favourite cities.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by drron
I wonder why the advice against HKG-BKK. ...
Remember this is FlyerTalk.

For some the lure of the additional FF miles/Status by going HKG-NRT-HKG rather than HKG-BKK-HKG is more important. (If you must go to BKK, a cheapy fare can be had for HKD2020 (EK) or HKD5250 (CX) ) i.e. Why waste your xONEx's precious Segments on a two hour flight.

E.g. NRT on QFF in D class gives and additional 60 SC's and 1600 base miles over BKK for no significant difference in cost.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 5:14 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Originally Posted by serfty
Remember this is FlyerTalk.

For some the lure of the additional FF miles/Status by going HKG-NRT-HKG rather than HKG-BKK-HKG is more important. (If you must go to BKK, a cheapy fare can be had for HKD2020 (EK) or HKD5250 (CX) ) i.e. Why waste your xONEx's precious Segments on a two hour flight.

E.g. NRT on QFF in D class gives and additional 60 SC's and 1600 base miles over BKK for no significant difference in cost.
But if purely a mileage run then just book HKG-BKK-HKG on CX 713.On the way back it diverts via SIN.So total mileage is 3513 as against 3684 for HKG-NRT-HKG.No problems with connections as same aircraft right through.
Besides OP said BKK was one of the favourite cities so i presumed maybe a stopover.As well I am looking from Aadvantage point of view not QF and I know thats not what OP wants.However have CX changed equipment on the NRT route as last time i flew it it was a regional set up so not as good an F experience.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 5:40 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
But if purely a mileage run then just book HKG-BKK-HKG on CX 713.On the way back it diverts via SIN.So total mileage is 3513 as against 3684 for HKG-NRT-HKG.No problems with connections as same aircraft right through.
Unless the return is ticketed as two sectors (i.e. CX-713 BKK-SIN & CX-713 SIN-HKG), mileage will only be earned for BKK-HKG.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Besides OP said BKK was one of the favourite cities so i presumed maybe a stopover.As well I am looking from Aadvantage point of view not QF and I know thats not what OP wants.However have CX changed equipment on the NRT route as last time i flew it it was a regional set up so not as good an F experience.
checkerboard correctly posted the issue; and burning 3 segments do SIN is anathema to FTers.

Note that even from an AAdvantage POV, there's still an additional 2400 Qpoints to be had doing NRT rather than BKK.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 4:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
I am in MRU right now, and had a very ugly immigration experience.
This is my third time this year ex-MRU and the worst.
Immigration officer insiste to see my paper ticket, which was in Equity tour counter. I showed him my booking print, he just keep asking for the ticket. They never asked before.
Have anybody same experience?
And by the way BA agents in MRU are the best.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 12:35 pm

Programs: OW Emerald (AA-EXP, BA-Gold)
Sorry to hear about your immigration difficulties. I was there a few weeks ago and had no problems at all by showing them an e-mail print-out of my itinerary with ticket numbers. I guess it depends on the immigration agent you get. Hope all goes well with the rest of your trip.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by checkerboard
Unless the return is ticketed as two sectors (i.e. CX-713 BKK-SIN & CX-713 SIN-HKG), mileage will only be earned for BKK-HKG.
It is two flight numbers operated by the same aircraft.

CX 713 operates HKG-BKK-SIN and CX 716 operates SIN-HKG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.