Wiki Posts
Search

MA & RJ join OW 1st April 2007

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
MA & RJ join OW 1st April 2007

If you have not already read the thread on JL joining OW on the 1st of April you might want to read here first:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653173

Looking at the JL website (on OW membership) and the wording on it, specifically:

Originally Posted by JAL
Members can accumulate mileage through new oneworld partner airlines (AY/IB/MA/QF/RJ) from April 1, 2007.
JMB membership number registration will be accepted on and after February 20, 2007 on new oneworld partner airlines (AY/IB/MA/QF/RJ) .
From the wording above, I think we can comfortably assume that both RJ and MA will be joining OW also on the 1st of April 2007.

Not really much of a surprise, but probably more surprised that there is nothing concrete posted on the OW website as yet.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:32 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Oneworld website now shows the new joiners http://www.oneworld.com/ and yes all 3 on April 1
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:59 am

Yep it's there on oneworld.com. Press release here.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 4:28 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
Interesting bit from the press release:

Originally Posted by oneworld website
JAL, Malév and Royal Jordanian have already joined the alliance's Global Explorer round-the-world fare product, which already included some other carriers which are not part of the alliance. They will have the alliance's full range of alliance fares and sales products extended to them on 1 April.
That implies participation in oneworld explorer as of April 1st.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
We'll look on with Anticipation in two months time ...
Old Feb 1, 2007, 10:18 am

More interesting info from the press release:

American Airlines and Cathay Pacific last month transferred from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 at JAL's main international hub Tokyo Narita, where they now operate alongside the Japanese airline. Qantas was already based there and Finnair will join them in the coming weeks.
No mention of BA. I wonder why???

I was hoping that KA and Lan Argentina/Ecuador would join at the same time since they are only 'affiliate' members.

Three other airlines are lining up to become part of oneworld in 2007 - Dragonair, LAN Argentina and LAN Ecuador, all as affiliate members. Joining dates for these three carriers will be announced in due course.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Strange to see that the JL website had the information before OW. You would have thought OW would have been the first website to be updated.

Interesting that JL also has information about OW membership tiers whereas MA and RJ still have nothing.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:11 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Kind of hoping for Dragonair too.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Now lets hope that RG comes over as well.

My hopes for future OW membership

AS
HA
ET
WestJet
Old Feb 1, 2007, 1:17 pm

Location: Based in London but away ~4 months a year, often in Bali
Programs: AA EXP
A DONE3 ex-BUD is 6714.00 (USD) according to expertflyer. I wonder when they'll be bookable on an xONEx.

m

Last edited by manar; Feb 1, 2007 at 7:24 pm
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:16 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by manar
a DONE3 ex-BUD is 6714.00 (USD) according to expertflyer. Still, I wonder when they'll be bookable on an xONEx.
I wonder if that is true? A bit of history, OWE fares ex-Hungary were very cheap about 7 years ago, about half the ex-US price; then they were raised to be the highest in Europe. However the forint keeps depreciating, so maybe they have come down this much (but last time I looked, it was not well priced for Europe).

As for when is it bookable on an xONEx, the answer is yesterday -- BA has always had service to BUD and you can issue ex-BUD anytime in the past decade. So if this fare really exists, you can book it today on BA.

Last edited by number_6; Feb 1, 2007 at 8:04 pm
Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:01 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Strange to see that the JL website had the information before OW. You would have thought OW would have been the first website to be updated.
It appeared on 1 Feb 07 in Japan, 17 hours ahead of OW HQ in YVR.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 7:26 pm

Location: Based in London but away ~4 months a year, often in Bali
Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by number_6
As for when is it bookable on an xONEx, the answer is yesterday -- BA has always had service to BUD and you can issue ex-BUD anytime in the past decade. So if this fare really exists, you can book it today on BA.
Oops. My brain was acting up.

I meant I wonder when you can book an xONEx itin with MA RJ flights in the itin.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:19 am
Suspended

Does anyone know exactly what the April 1, 2007, date means? May bookings be made now for flights occurring on or after that date? Or are bookings allowed to be made only on or after that date?
Old Feb 2, 2007, 10:57 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
You can make reservations whenever you want (and nothing has changed there) provided that you or your TA can persuade the airlines concerned to hold them until 1 April, which will be the first day on which you can issue the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.