Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

A class - available, but not available on CX

Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

I am just booking a AOne4 and the travel agent is telling me she can't book a flight between HKG and LHR in A class, because it is not available. (We need 2 seats)

I have access to Expertflyer, and 3 seats in A class are showing on the flight.

Is there any explanation for why we can't get these seats?

Thanks for you help.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Codeshare ??

EF is not always correct. Ask if there is a QF or AY or AA codeshare on the flight
Old Sep 20, 2006, 5:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Availability may vary by market (selling city), between being sold as single leg vs married with connection, etc.

All the availability tools do is provide a guide based on particular circumstance.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by brightstar100
I am just booking a AOne4 and the travel agent is telling me she can't book a flight between HKG and LHR in A class, because it is not available. (We need 2 seats)

I have access to Expertflyer, and 3 seats in A class are showing on the flight.

Is there any explanation for why we can't get these seats?

Thanks for you help.
Have you not heard of 'WAITLIST'. Once your TA waitlists for these flights, and by the time she finishes the booking, enters it, and retrieves the booking... if A class is available on CX's system, the reply will be confirmed.

If seats really aren't available, then just wait for the waitlist to clear and book an alternate flight. CX flies 4 times a day, BA twice and QF once. Surely one of these flights is available.

CX does not codeshare with anyone between HKG and LHR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.