Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

hkg-xxx-eze, need some routing advice....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2006, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, KLM FB, SN, Amex plat, SPG , HH

I'm in the final planning of my first Aone5.
I was planning to fly HKG-LAX-MIA-EZE, all F-class flights, but BA just let me know that I can only have one transfer in North America, and this routing has obvious Two.
I'm planning to have some extra North america segments afterwards.

So they suggest to fly HKG-LAX-EZE, with the LAX-EZE 2-class flight with LAN with 2 stops.

I would prefer to go HKG-JFK-EZE but EF shows F4A0 and J7D0 for the two flights.

So now I would like to ask, how good/bad is the LAX-EZE flight, and what are my changes that there will be availabilty on the HKG-JFK-EZE routing.
Seatsmaps from both flights shows wide open.
Or is there any other routing possible?

I'll fly HKG-NRT-HKG on 10/22, and need to be in EZE on 10/24
Old Sep 1, 2006, 7:40 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
If the HKG-JFK opens up (and just by asking, it might), you could fly HKG-JFK-MIA-EZE. Same principle as your desired routing, but without the second transcoon. Also, as (presumably) you already have the inventory for MIA-EZE, it just needs one favour, not two.

Alternatively, and I understand that it would be a BIG step down from CX-F, you could try:

NRT-DFW-MIA-EZE (all on 777, AA flights 60, 436 and 943 respectively).

This would only work if you either skipped the NRT-HKG, or you flew back to HKG (or KIX for that matter, if you'd prefer).

Hope this helps some.

Checkerboard.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by checkerboard
If the HKG-JFK opens up (and just by asking, it might), you could fly HKG-JFK-MIA-EZE. Same principle as your desired routing, but without the second transcoon.

Checkerboard.
My problem isn't really the second transcon, but the transfer asia-NA-South-america-NA-Europa

If I fly 2 segments in North-Am. between Asia and South-Am, they don't count it as a transfer.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by freggy
...If I fly 2 segments in North-Am. between Asia and South-Am, they don't count it as a transfer.
They do, if you want. A "transit thorough NA" can consist of one or two segments, provided you keep all connections under 24hrs.

Edited to add: in fact, I should say "zero or one segment". What I really mean is that, for example: NRT-xLAX-xMIA-EZE can, if one wants to, be considered a "transit", despite the fact that one connects in two cities in NA.

Last edited by Viajero; Sep 1, 2006 at 8:38 am
Old Sep 1, 2006, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Viajero
They do, if you want. A "transit thorough NA" can consist of one or two segments, provided you keep all connections under 24hrs.

Edited to add: in fact, I should say "zero or one segment". What I really mean is that, for example: NRT-xLAX-xMIA-EZE can, if one wants to, be considered a "transit", despite the fact that one connects in two cities in NA.
So CX880 HKG-LAX arriving at LAX on 10/22 at 9.50pm, then AA1520 LAX-MIA on 10/23 and AA909 MIA-EZE leaving at 10/23 at 8.40pm should be a legal Trasit through NA?

Can someone confim me this, and what's the best way to get this routing booked by BA Mauritius?
Old Sep 1, 2006, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by freggy
So CX880 HKG-LAX arriving at LAX on 10/22 at 9.50pm, then AA1520 LAX-MIA on 10/23 and AA909 MIA-EZE leaving at 10/23 at 8.40pm should be a legal Trasit through NA?...
Yep.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I agree also - should be allowed: push them to forward it to their ticketing desk for confirmation.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:56 am
Original Poster

This is the answer I received back form BA Mauritius.

Dear Mr Freggy

Please see reply from LONDON . They are not agreeing your preferred routing but are offering alternatives.
The PNR has two transfers without stopover - at LAX and MIA between HKG and BUE- and thus does not qualify for the exception.
Alternatives do exist with ony one transfer which would therefore qualify -

CX 880 A 21OCT 6 HKGLAX HK1 2335 2150 *1A/E*
LA 601 D 22OCT 7 LAXEZE Hk1 B 1320 0940#1 763 E

Origin/destination surface sectors are permitted within Africa, so commencing in MAURITIUS and terminating in ACCRA is fine.

This would be an AONE5 if the North America transfer situation is resolved.

I will be able to confirm the fare as soon as you confirm the routing.

So I would like to know what's my best option:

1. Ask again to check with London?

2. Try to get in contact with London myself?

3. Just book it as they say, and try to change it after my first Mru-Lhr in London or Belgium?

4. Book HKG-JFK-EZE and hoping A and D will get available?

Don't have much time left, Start of RTW is plannend on 10/02/06.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 8:12 am
Suspended

Call the AA RTW desk in the US and ask them. They are generally regarded as the ultimate official gurus. If they say no then you're almost certainly not going to make any progress.

I must admit I have never actually done this - it was just my interpretation of the rules. Can anyone provide first-hand experience of it being allowed?
Old Sep 7, 2006, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by christep
Can anyone provide first-hand experience of it being allowed?
I can.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Call the AA RTW desk in the US and ask them.
Called AA RTW, They confirmed me it's a possible routing.

Now I just need to convince BA

Or do I just Book the ticket as BA suggest, and let AA change(rebook) it afterwards?

Last edited by freggy; Sep 7, 2006 at 10:08 am
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:12 am
Suspended

Well you might as well have another go at BA since AA will charge you US$125 to do the reroute... Point out to BA that the AA RTW desk validated the routing.

Is the BA North America RTW desk still in existence? I had a number some time back of +1 800 828 7797

Even better if they validate it. Sorry I didn't think of that earlier.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:26 am

Programs: SK EBG *G
Point out to BA that the AA RTW desk validated the routing.
Too bad BA and AA do not have the same rules for the products, OW really should see to this. When I booked my LONE4 through BA, they enforced a maximum stopover rule which I had not found in the AA star-files. In my case, I could not have more than 4 stopovers in SA which forced me to fly GIG-SCL-PPT with a transfer in SCL instead of a stop which I would have preferred. That I had purchased extra segments in SA did not matter.
I argued with BA about that reading the AA star-files until my TA showed the BA rules.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mannen
Too bad BA and AA do not have the same rules for the products

Seems so, Have been on the phone with BA RTW in London, and they keep telling me they don't accept 2 stops in transfer.

So will need to choose between HKG-LAX-LIM-EZE, with all segments confirmed or HKG-JFK-EZE, with all segments waitlisted........?? What would you guys choose??

What are my changes on 10/23/06 for CX HKG-JFK (F4A0) and AA JFK-EZE (J7D0) to get a confirmed seat.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:01 am

If MIA is out, you are going to have to take the downgrade to J for the US-EZE leg anyway, so I'd go for the confirmed HKG-LAX-EZE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.