FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   *ONEWC*: can I start in HRE end in MUR? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/588168-onewc-can-i-start-hre-end-mur.html)

Cheetah_SA Aug 9, 2006 5:52 am

*ONEWC*: can I start in HRE end in MRU?

I thought that the exception that states “Origin-destination surface segment permitted in Africa” meant that I could end my Circle Trip in another African country. I have one with just the final legs left and was thinking of starting my next one in MRU. Checked with BA in HRE and they said no, if I started in Zim must end somewhere in Zim.

Am I misreading that exception? Are my rules may out of date?

Thanks in advance.

Darren Aug 9, 2006 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA

Am I misreading that exception? Are my rules may out of date?

Code:

136N . 4. TRAVEL MAY ORIGINATE AT ANY POINT FOR WHICH A                       
137N .    FARE IS PUBLISHED, AND MUST TERMINATE AT THE SAME                   
138N .    POINT, OR AT AN INTERMEDIATE POINT IN THE COUNTRY                   
139N .    OF ORIGIN.  --------------------------------------                   
140N .    -----------------                                                   
141N .    EXCEPTION                      EXCEPTION: ORIGIN-                   
142N .    DESTINATION SURFACE SEGMENT PERMITTED IN AFRICA.

Nope and nope.

Viajero Aug 9, 2006 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Darren
...Nope and nope.

Yes, but are the rules being posted the ones applicable to the OP's Circle Fare? The rules posted by christep here appear not to include such exception.

Cheetah_SA Aug 9, 2006 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Viajero
Yes, but are the rules being posted the ones applicable to the OP's Circle Fare? The rules posted by christep here appear not to include such exception.

I noticed that. But the rule wouldn't be relevant if the ticket was issued in HKG.

I have asked BA in HRE to mail me their rules - but their e-mail is down. :rolleyes:

Darren Aug 9, 2006 6:38 am

They are from the current version of the Circle Indian star file dated some time in January of this year.

Viajero Aug 9, 2006 8:17 am

They are from the current version of the Circle Indian star file dated some time in January of this year.

As far as I can tell, the OP's *ONEWC* code corresponds to a different product, called, I think, "oneworld Circle Trip Explorer".

Darren Aug 9, 2006 9:41 am

As far as I can tell, the OP's *ONEWC* code corresponds to a different product, called, I think, "oneworld Circle Trip Explorer".

I don't know. The fare basis is that of the Circle Indian so I admit I have assumed that's what his or her fare is. If it's different, then different rules might apply, but the section I pasted was from the Circle Indian rules. I am not even aware there is another non-RTW product offered by Oneworld that can include Africa, but I am always happy to learn something new.

Viajero Aug 9, 2006 10:44 am

...I am not even aware there is another non-RTW product offered by Oneworld that can include Africa, but I am always happy to learn something new.

I think you are right, it's probably just a case of two names for the one product.

Cheetah_SA Aug 9, 2006 11:15 am

I think you are right, it's probably just a case of two names for the one product.

I believe that is so. As the fare codes given in the rules should confirm.