Wiki Posts
Search

AA can't get me a LIM-CUZ award flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, CO
AA can't get me a LIM-CUZ award flight

I called AA several months ago and booked an award travel like this for Jan 2006:

LAX-MIA-LIM-CUZ-LIM-DFW-LAX

with the LIM-CUZ segment in Peru operated by Lan Peru.

I tried to do something similar for Sep 2006, but AA tells me over the phone that the LIM-CUZ flights don't appear in their systems. Does anybody know what is going on?

Thanks.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 10:53 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
Can they do the CUZ-LIM?
Old Jul 27, 2006, 12:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Rufo4506
...AA tells me over the phone that the LIM-CUZ flights don't appear in their systems...
The flights DO appear in AA's system. (availability of award seats is a different matter entirely, of course)

The agent probably misunderstood, or keyed the wrong city pair. This happens sometimes with AA agents, as they are not quite used to 'exotic' international airport codes, especially if AA doesn't fly there. The solution is to call again and if necessary spell the city code to them, and be prepared for a grump, as they hate to be shown as ignoramus.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 3:57 am

Programs: AA PLT
I called AA several months ago and booked an award travel like this for Jan 2006:

LAX-MIA-LIM-CUZ-LIM-DFW-LAX

with the LIM-CUZ segment in Peru operated by Lan Peru.

I tried to do something similar for Sep 2006, but AA tells me over the phone that the LIM-CUZ flights don't appear in their systems. Does anybody know what is going on?

Thanks.
Read this thread and check award availability on the LAN site. Hopefully it's just that the link between AA and LAN is down.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy

Originally Posted by hobarthoney
Can they do the CUZ-LIM?
Unfortunately, not. The funny thing is that they tell me over the phone that they don't know what the reason is. Award seats may be gone, or Lan may not have made them available yet. They're unlikely to be "sold out", so to speak, because late Sep is really low season in Peru. A friend who is a travel agent there tells me that flights are pretty empty for those dates.

Last edited by Rufo4506; Jul 27, 2006 at 10:09 pm
Old Jul 27, 2006, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Viajero
The flights DO appear in AA's system. (availability of award seats is a different matter entirely, of course)
You are right. I should've said that no award seats showed on their system.

I did call many, many, times. The last time it was someone who appeared to be an older, more knowledgeable agent, but still the same. He did say that airline agreements change all the time, and that whatever was possible in January may not work today.

So, I gave up and booked the flight to LIM. I think I will buy the LIM-CUZ r/t on my own. That's another $200 at current prices...

Originally Posted by Viajero
The agent probably misunderstood, or keyed the wrong city pair. This happens sometimes with AA agents, as they are not quite used to 'exotic' international airport codes, especially if AA doesn't fly there. The solution is to call again and if necessary spell the city code to them, and be prepared for a grump, as they hate to be shown as ignoramus.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 7:30 pm

Unfortunately, not. The funny thing is that they tell me over the phone that they don't know what the reason is. Award seats may be gone, or Lan may not have made them available yet. They unlikely to be "sold out", so to speak, because late Sep is really low season in Peru. A friend who is a travel agent there tells me that flights are pretty empty for those dates.
I thought that may be the case. Technically you should be able to book these flights but for some reason getting LP awards seem so much harder than getting LC awards. It is always even more frustrating when you do not get a decent answer to why it can not be done! Any way you will have a great time in Cuzco it’s a great place!
Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
I did that flight LIM-CUZ-LIM with LP last year during end of September as well, both flights were packed either way, no spare seats. Very good infligt entertainment though iirc, it was one of those candid camera style shows but with no words had most of the cabin laughing.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by bensyd
I did that flight LIM-CUZ-LIM with LP last year during end of September as well, both flights were packed either way, no spare seats. Very good infligt entertainment though iirc, it was one of those candid camera style shows but with no words had most of the cabin laughing.
Yeah I did a flight and it was over booked. I was offered to take the flight the following day with the night’s accommodation paid for plus transfers to and from the airport plus food money plus a free Lan flight! It was a very good deal, pity I was connecting through to an AA flight Don’t get me started on that flight I to had that show it was very, very funny
Old Jul 28, 2006, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by hobarthoney
Yeah I did a flight and it was over booked. I was offered to take the flight the following day with the night’s accommodation paid for plus transfers to and from the airport plus food money plus a free Lan flight! It was a very good deal, pity I was connecting through to an AA flight Don’t get me started on that flight I to had that show it was very, very funny

"I to had that show it was very, very funny"? Could you translate that for me?
Old Jul 28, 2006, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by millionmiler
Could you translate that for me?
I to, had that show it was very, very funny"?

Nothing a well placed comma cant fix
Old Jul 28, 2006, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by bensyd
I to, had that show it was very, very funny"?

Nothing a well placed comma cant fix
"I too, had that..."

Or a well placed "o"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.