Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

XONEX - fares ex Europe, Middle East and Africa have been amended - 01 July 2006

XONEX - fares ex Europe, Middle East and Africa have been amended - 01 July 2006

Old Jul 2, 06, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Platinum, BA-Blues

From the QF Industry Sales Site:

Oneworld Explorer Fare Update - 29 June 2006

Effective for sales on/after 01 July 2006 fare levels ex Europe, Middle East and Africa have been amended for the Oneworld Explorer Fare (AONE*/DONE*/L#ONE*) Last ticketing date for existing bookings 14 July 2006. Effective for immediate sales, Flight Application and Routings have been updated.
Does anyone know what these new fares are, especially ex-Europe?
Old Jul 2, 06, 9:35 am

Thanks for the heads-up, Checkerboard. Unfortunately it seems to be either labor-intensive or against the rules to extract the fares from the system and post them, since it's a rare occurrence. (And to note that on the QF site, the fares are just a tantalizing "enter password here" away...)
Old Jul 2, 06, 10:51 am

The fares did go up, some quite significantly. I will refrain from posting them since there seems to already be an established system for doing so. But I will say that if you're looking at Syria, Kenya or Egypt, buy under the old price because all rose significantly.
Old Jul 2, 06, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Darren
... But I will say that if you're looking at Syria, Kenya or Egypt, buy under the old price because all rose significantly.
I'm a bit lost. How can one buy at the old price if fares rose yesterday?
Old Jul 2, 06, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Viajero
I'm a bit lost. How can one buy at the old price if fares rose yesterday?
I think he might have been referring to existing bookings.

Last ticketing date for existing bookings 14 July 2006.
Old Jul 2, 06, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I think he might have been referring to existing bookings.
Ah, missed that part, thanks.
Old Jul 2, 06, 3:33 pm

The fares did go up, some quite significantly. I will refrain from posting them since there seems to already be an established system for doing so. But I will say that if you're looking at Syria, Kenya or Egypt, buy under the old price because all rose significantly.
Unfortunately the "established system" seems to be "don't post fare updates" unless I've been doing a really lousy job of reading posts. Although there's been a lot of work on thread clean-up, afaik the latest fares are from April or earlier. If you feel comfortable posting, post away - you'll get a lot of cheers.
Old Jul 2, 06, 4:08 pm

And if posting the star file is a no-no, may I suggest a PM to WearyBizTrvlr? That way the data is laundered into politically correct spreadsheet format.
Old Jul 2, 06, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero
And if posting the star file is a no-no, may I suggest a PM to WearyBizTrvlr? That way the data is laundered into politically correct spreadsheet format.
The one who normally does it was in NY this weekend (because I saw him yesterday evening). Lemme speak with him and go from there. The honest truth is that I just don't have time right now but will probably have more tomorrow. I am very sorry for being a bit of a nudnik, I am not really trying to be. It's just been a very long and difficult weekend. Just wanted to give a heads up for those who have reservations priced. (and thanks Viajero for clarifying).
Old Jul 2, 06, 8:02 pm
Community Director

I'm unclear as to why people would say we have a culture against posting fare updates. Have I missed something? I thought we encouraged sharing. kanebear asked just 2 weeks ago if we needed a fare update, and no one asked him for the same.
Old Jul 2, 06, 9:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
SanDiego1k - I guess I'm interpreting some comments a little differently. Note I also welcome posting the full list of fare updates - that's the only way we can see the best origins are.

I don't know if it is the case but possibly there are rules limiting those who have access to full fare and rule information from publicly posting them. If there is then a link to another public site that has them (eg for *A RTW rules we have the NZ site) or privately providing wearybiztrvlr the full listing so he can include in the spreadsheet seem okay workarounds to me.

That said, several FTers have kindly copied fare and rule information about various RTWs in the past, so if they are no longer allowed to I'd be interested to know why the change.
Old Jul 2, 06, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnAx
Unfortunately the "established system" seems to be "don't post fare updates" unless I've been doing a really lousy job of reading posts. Although there's been a lot of work on thread clean-up, afaik the latest fares are from April or earlier. If you feel comfortable posting, post away - you'll get a lot of cheers.
I guess I don't understand when or how there has been a system established on the board against fare updates. I haven't read that in any posts until just now. My understanding of some previous posts was that some people don't want to impose on the few people with access to the starfiles to post updates if the fares starfile is unchanged.
Old Jul 2, 06, 11:11 pm
Community Director

Here's the June 21st thread where kanebear offered a fare update. At that point, the only responses were to say fares hadn't changed. Now we know they have. I am confident that kanebear will be happy to do an update once we let him know we need it - and hopefully wearybiztrvlr will have time to update his excellent spreadsheet at that point.

I'll drop kanebear a note.
Old Jul 2, 06, 11:51 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
I'm more than happy to update the spreadsheet irrespective of the source of the info. I'm also a bit behind on the latest *A price changes, so this'll be a good excuse for me to start laundering again (as per Viajero's parlance ).
Old Jul 3, 06, 2:21 am

...(and thanks Viajero for clarifying)...
I made the booboo, jerry a. laska did the clarifying.

Search this Thread