FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   OW Ruby (Advantage Gold) Access to lounges? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/569775-ow-ruby-advantage-gold-access-lounges.html)

ViajeroLA Jun 15, 2006 6:00 pm

OW Ruby (Advantage Gold) Access to lounges?

Hello!

I was wondering Ruby level (Advantage Gold) will allow me access to the BA lounge in LAX/Bradley, I am traveling LAX-LHR with BA.

Thanks much!

justageek Jun 15, 2006 6:08 pm

Nope.

francophile Jun 15, 2006 6:34 pm

If you are flying in J or F, you will get lounge access.

Guy Betsy Jun 15, 2006 7:56 pm

I think only Cathay Pacific's SILVER (OW Ruby) allow usage of their own lounges when flying on CX flights. Otherwise, nada.

cowombat Jun 15, 2006 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by ViajeroLA
Hello!

I was wondering Ruby level (Advantage Gold) will allow me access to the BA lounge in LAX/Bradley, I am traveling LAX-LHR with BA.

Thanks much!

But given the lowwwww quality of the lounges at Bradley, this is no small loss. They will be updated by mid 06, with temp lounges from Sept till then, So if you have a higher status or J class travel by next year, then worthwhile....

christep Jun 15, 2006 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by cowombat
They will be updated by mid 06

mid 07, of course...

harri Jun 15, 2006 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I think only Cathay Pacific's SILVER (OW Ruby) allow usage of their own lounges when flying on CX flights. Otherwise, nada.

Finnair Silver (OW Ruby) also allows lounge access at almost all AY destinations when flying AY.

NoWindowSeat Jun 16, 2006 2:21 am

Originally Posted by harri
Finnair Silver (OW Ruby) also allows lounge access at almost all AY destinations when flying AY.

True, one note though, it needs to be with AY code on the ticket as well, AA/BA/etc. codeshare on AY metal won't make it.

Traveloguy Jun 16, 2006 2:27 am

EI's Ruby level also allows lounge access, but as with the above cases (AY and CX), only to EI lounges (which are probably the worst in the alliance).

rrgg Jun 16, 2006 8:12 am

In case this helps anyone, the OneWorld timetable has a few paragraphs about lounge access. Maybe it's just me, but I found it easier to understand than the usual aa.com pages regarding lounges. Go to aa.com->Travel Information->Timetables->OneWorld PDF Timetable.

ViajeroLA Jun 16, 2006 11:53 am

THANK YOU All!

Fraser Jun 16, 2006 10:20 pm

Oopsie. Looks like I've been denying OW Rubys access to a few lounges on www.baconnect.org.uk :o

How does it stand for IB's and LA's equivalent of OW Ruby?

Viajero Jun 17, 2006 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Fraser
...How does it stand for IB's and LA's equivalent of OW Ruby?

No access, No access.

virtualtroy Jun 17, 2006 12:36 pm

Two Viajeros, muy confuso :D

Viajero Jun 17, 2006 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Two Viajeros, muy confuso :D

Four, I think: "Perpetuo", "Joven", "LA" and the plain one, me. :)