Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

What are the NRT Lounge Options? OW EXP, SJC-NTR AA, NTR-TPE JAA

What are the NRT Lounge Options? OW EXP, SJC-NTR AA, NTR-TPE JAA

Old May 23, 2006, 10:20 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by AH-64D
Transit security and the JL bus stop are in the same terminal as the AC. JL bus stop and the AC are on the Departure side. After AA arrival and passing through transit security I just go to the AC instead of going down stair to catch the JL connecting bus.
Is this a recent change? Last year I couldn't get from the JL bus stop to the AC. If this is now the case, all the discussion on this thread about the OW lounges is incorrect, it would be possible to reach all 3 lounges (BA, CX and AA) when in transit to the JL terminal. Otherwise NRT security is very strict compared to most airports, so this is a surprising development.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:24 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by ajacpril
Under what circumstances can one get into this lounge? Paid long haul JL F?
The JL lounge situation at NRT is incredibly complex. There must be 6 different lounges (instead of the 2 you would expect). And much of it is in Japanese. Best I can tell the nice F lounge is by invitation only, maybe for paid F on certain routes (such as JFK and LHR). What makes it worthwhile is the stunning collection of sake, as well as the gracious service. Easy to drink a few hundred dollars worth of sake here.
Old May 23, 2006, 11:08 pm
TR35R

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/airpor...img/NRT2_e.gif
They operate total 9, actually. (including the one for domestic flight) Are you forgetting about the satellite terminal?
Originally Posted by number_6
The JL lounge situation at NRT is incredibly complex. There must be 6 different lounges (instead of the 2 you would expect).
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/lounge/member/class.html
First class passenger have the ability to access the usual First class lounges there, regardless of the booking class.(No JMB status related)
On the other hand, the VIP lounge is invitations only.
Should you be interested... buy some JAL stock! You'll find out
Best I can tell the nice F lounge is by invitation only, maybe for paid F on certain routes (such as JFK and LHR). What makes it worthwhile is the stunning collection of sake, as well as the gracious service. Easy to drink a few hundred dollars worth of sake here.

Last edited by TR35R; May 24, 2006 at 3:35 am

Old May 23, 2006, 11:26 pm
TR35R

There should be no problem "reaching" all 3 lounges there as long as you're a transit passenger. But I'm not sure OW Sapphire/Emerald allows you to access the lounges in that case.(connecting to a non-OW carrier operating flight)

Probably.. AAgent is more forgiving than you think.
Originally Posted by number_6
Is this a recent change? Last year I couldn't get from the JL bus stop to the AC. If this is now the case, all the discussion on this thread about the OW lounges is incorrect, it would be possible to reach all 3 lounges (BA, CX and AA) when in transit to the JL terminal. Otherwise NRT security is very strict compared to most airports, so this is a surprising development.
OT... NTR

Last edited by TR35R; May 24, 2006 at 12:18 am

Old Oct 26, 2007, 8:05 am

Bump...

What's the latest on the comparison between OW lounges in NRT? Next month, I'm flying

in Business
AA 175 DFW-NRT arr 2:35 pm
AA 6115 NRT-HGK dep 4:20 pm (CX Codeshare)

in Coach
AA 5825 HGK-NRT arr 3:25 pm (JL Codeshare)
AA 168 NRT-JFK dep 6:35 pm

I'm AA PLAT and a AC member

Last edited by DCAKen; Oct 26, 2007 at 8:06 am Reason: added my status
Old Oct 26, 2007, 8:39 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by DCAKen
Bump...

What's the latest on the comparison between OW lounges in NRT? Next month, I'm flying

in Business
AA 175 DFW-NRT arr 2:35 pm
AA 6115 NRT-HGK dep 4:20 pm (CX Codeshare)

in Coach
AA 5825 HGK-NRT arr 3:25 pm (JL Codeshare)
AA 168 NRT-JFK dep 6:35 pm

I'm AA PLAT and a AC member
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=682643

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.