Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchesing RTW tickets in Bangkok question

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2006, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Purchesing RTW tickets in Bangkok question

Hi all,
This is my first post on this forum, so excuse me if it been discussed before.
I did do some searching but didn't give me the exact answer I am looking for.

Is it true that OneWorld Explorer RTW tickets can be purchased in Bangkok for around £2500 in Business or £4000 in First, allowing you 14 sectors for this price?

And that is it possible to purchase these with no PNR number which would allow you to travel on any dates (within the 12 month) without having to fix the dates in advance?
Old May 10, 2006, 8:56 am

Programs: AA=EXP, former DL Platinum
Originally Posted by clubman
Hi all,
This is my first post on this forum, so excuse me if it been discussed before.
I did do some searching but didn't give me the exact answer I am looking for.

Is it true that OneWorld Explorer RTW tickets can be purchased in Bangkok for around £2500 in Business or £4000 in First, allowing you 14 sectors for this price?

And that is it possible to purchase these with no PNR number which would allow you to travel on any dates (within the 12 month) without having to fix the dates in advance?
Hi Clubman, welcome.

Your questions are all answered in the sticky threads at the top of this forum. There is a link in there for an Excel spreadsheet that WearyBizTrvlr created that gives the prices for the OneWorld Explorer fares depending on where you begin, how many continents you purhcase and what class of service. Ex Thailand, prices start at about GBP 3037 for a DONE3 (3 continent business) and 4355 for a AONE3 (3 continent first), so a bit more than you quoted.

The rules of these fares are complicated but discussed at length in the sticky threads. As a minumum, to get a ticket issued you need to have confirmed flights through to, and including, your first international flight. Remaining flights may be open dated, but the routing must be set. Changes to the routing will incur a $125 fee each time you have the ticket reissued.

Read some more, then post back here exactly where you would like to go and you will receive quick and accurate advice.
Old May 10, 2006, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Thanks! I will indeed have a look at that ^
Old May 10, 2006, 10:51 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Unbelievable ? ex-JAPAN fare

Despite of recent YEN rising, unbelievably ex-JAPAN fares are relatively cheap.

AONE3 910,000 JPY = 4417 GBP
DONE3 625,000 JPY = 3034 GBP

It is worth to consider.
In April, ex-JAPAN fare were cheaper than ex-BKK fares.
10APR06 1 THB = 3.1135 JPY
10MAY06 1 THB = 2.9666 JPY

Last edited by Wasabi Tofu; May 10, 2006 at 11:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.