Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Suggestions re communications with the third world (e.g. Syria)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2006, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

My quest for an ex-DAM rtw continues with little success.

I was awake at an appropriate hour last night, so I phoned BA there. The first time, I couldn't make myself heard, although I could hear well enough. I called back and got a better line, and after explaining what I wanted, the fellow suggested I fax my itinerary. (That itself was good news, I think.)

Unfortunately, faxes always fail. I tried 4 times from home, and several times from an Internet-based faxing service (just to try a different route.)

For those of you who do business in the Middle East, is this fairly common? Does it eventually work, if I try often enough? Is there an alternative (FedEx?)
Old Apr 19, 2006, 12:49 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
If email/phone/fax doesn't work, either use traditional mail or post your desired ITN and other non-confidential information needed to book a xONEx temporarily on a website and send them a link via sms or something...?

Just my 2 cents
Old Apr 21, 2006, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Update, fwiw: After 8 tries, the fax service I was using reported a successful transmission. That was about a day ago, too early to expect a reply of any kind. I suppose I should resend the original fax, since perhaps "success" doesn't necessarily mean BA got anything they could read. Wish it were easier.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 5:17 am

Programs: QF Gold, SQ, AA, HA
People seem to have had some success with phoning the BA RTW desk in London, sorting out their itinerary over the phone, and then simply giving the PNR to the appropriate TA in CAI/IST/DAM/TOM. Might be worth a try if your fax doesn't come out clearly.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrboh
People seem to have had some success with phoning the BA RTW desk in London, sorting out their itinerary over the phone, and then simply giving the PNR to the appropriate TA in CAI/IST/DAM/TOM. Might be worth a try if your fax doesn't come out clearly.
I've decided to start simple - I always replan anyway, so the $125 is spent - and gave them a 5-segment trip. But you're right, if I had only had to give them the PNR and discuss payment and pickup, perhaps the telphone would be good enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.