Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Recommendation for Bangkok Ticket Agency

Old Aug 2, 04, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF

Will be in Bangkok very soon and would like to get a DONE4 organised.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an appropriate ticket agency, I would like to try and get the routing organised before I am in Bangkok and just pick the tickets up.

Is it easier just to deal with Qantas or Cathay?

Phone numbers and email addresses would be appreciated
Old Aug 2, 04, 7:11 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
There's lots of discussion on this Board about this very issue. I chose CX for a DONE4. Booked through CX SYD (phone and email), up to BKK downtown office spent 2 hours with them, paid by AMEX and was on my way with 2 very thick books of tickets. Date and time changes have so-far been done by email to CX SYD without any fuss. Others have used Travel Agents and got the tickets at cheaper prices. Only real tip is discuss the itinerary on this Board first - so the bugs can be ironed out. Get the exact dates / times you want and give that to the airline of your choice. They'll love you for making their job easy.
Old Aug 2, 04, 7:20 am

Programs: UA: 1ex1K now Prem Plat Life 2MM ; SQ: exPPS
www.traveller2000.com
www.travelconnecxion.com (charlie)

these two discount reasonable levels if you (and us) have done you homework on this board - they should be good to go.

Originally Posted by og
There's lots of discussion on this Board about this very issue. I chose CX for a DONE4. Booked through CX SYD (phone and email), up to BKK downtown office spent 2 hours with them, paid by AMEX and was on my way with 2 very thick books of tickets. Date and time changes have so-far been done by email to CX SYD without any fuss. Others have used Travel Agents and got the tickets at cheaper prices. Only real tip is discuss the itinerary on this Board first - so the bugs can be ironed out. Get the exact dates / times you want and give that to the airline of your choice. They'll love you for making their job easy.
Old Aug 2, 04, 2:27 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Just finished ticketing DONE4 ex-BKK to be picked up in 2 weeks.

I used Anant Kumar at Circle of Asia ([email protected] - +662 254 1333)

I also got a good response from Mandala International (Narinthip Phurksaksamesuk ( Tuk ) - [email protected], +662 2860909) - but although her price was lower, she was going to add 3.1% fee for Amex charge - so I went with the first.
Old Aug 2, 04, 7:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"Does anyone have any recommendations for an appropriate ticket agency, I would like to try and get the routing organised before I am in Bangkok and just pick the tickets up."

If you use Anant, as mentioned by Alect, he can even have the tickets couriered to you in Australia so that you have to do nothing when you get to Bangkok except start your trip

Dave
Old Aug 2, 04, 8:44 pm

I did not go straight to Anant (maybe I will now) but got a response from Circle of Asia that basically said we aren't interested and don't issue tickets..... I was suprised.

What discount levels -- cash or credit card (Visa) were you able to negotiate.

I have received quotes with 2.5% nett discount using credit card or 5.x% discount for cash/bamk transfer from other agencies

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
"Does anyone have any recommendations for an appropriate ticket agency, I would like to try and get the routing organised before I am in Bangkok and just pick the tickets up."

If you use Anant, as mentioned by Alect, he can even have the tickets couriered to you in Australia so that you have to do nothing when you get to Bangkok except start your trip

Dave
Old Aug 2, 04, 10:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"I did not go straight to Anant (maybe I will now) but got a response from Circle of Asia that basically said we aren't interested and don't issue tickets..... I was suprised."

I think that maybe you ended up in the wrong part of the company. 1st time I called I was told that they don't do straight ticketing in that dept and gave me the number I posted

"What discount levels -- cash or credit card (Visa) were you able to negotiate. "

I didn't actually negotiate at all. I was just given ,without asking ,about an 8% discount which I was v impressed with and paid for it by Visa. There was obviously an additional charge for the courier. Alect will have a more up to date knowledge on what they are offering. Also, I did have the flights all held and priced up by AAs RTW desk. All Anant had to do was take it over and issue, so that may (or may have made no difference) have helped the discount

Dave
Old Aug 2, 04, 11:02 pm

Thanx, I shot him an email ..will let you know how I go... as I am in BKK now, 8% will be good.
Old Aug 3, 04, 12:16 am

I was charged 206750 TBHT for DONE4 - no surcharge for Visa/MC.

I had made reservation with QF Premium Desk and Anant took it over and issued. He had trouble at first (not sure why) and was trying to get QF BKK to issue (who wouldn't without credit card holder being present) but we sorted that out.

Note - Anant seemed to also be more accurate in calculating taxes (eg I am transiting LHR only and not wanting to pay LHR departure taxes) - other agencies were a lot more blase about the taxes and calculated them too high.
Old Aug 3, 04, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by alect
I was charged 206750 TBHT for DONE4 - no surcharge for Visa/MC.

I had made reservation with QF Premium Desk and Anant took it over and issued. He had trouble at first (not sure why) and was trying to get QF BKK to issue (who wouldn't without credit card holder being present) but we sorted that out.

Note - Anant seemed to also be more accurate in calculating taxes (eg I am transiting LHR only and not wanting to pay LHR departure taxes) - other agencies were a lot more blase about the taxes and calculated them too high.
Looks good...traveller2000 is 206,900 PLUS credit card surcharge (3%+) ... excluding taxes .... did yours include or exclude taxes ?
Old Aug 3, 04, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by retrav1K
Looks good...traveller2000 is 206,900 PLUS credit card surcharge (3%+) ... excluding taxes .... did yours include or exclude taxes ?
taxes were on top of that - all quotes will be without taxes, as taxes will depend on your routing and stopovers.
Old Aug 3, 04, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Be careful about the credit card surcharge.

It's a published fare. Hence there shouldn't be any surcharge - whether you pay by AMEX, Visa, MC or Diners.

What agents in Thailand do is that they nett the gross fare down, add their commission, add taxes and then tell you what it is. If you pay by credit card, then they add the surcharge.

Your ticket will show CASH/INVOICE on it and not your creditcard number. Should you have creditcard protection like lost baggage etc, this is going to be hard proving as your ticket does not have your credit card number.
Old Aug 3, 04, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF
Thanks for the info, think I will drop Anant an email

Just for your info, the trip I am planning is as follows:

Stage 1

BKK-KHI-HKG-NRT-MEL

Only stopover will be in HKG

Stage 2

ADL-PER-ADL

Stage 3

SYD-JFK-SJU-DFW-YVR-ORD-MIA-SFO-LHR-HEL-LHR-DXB-LHR-HKG-BKK

Probably use my second area of origin stopover in HKG

The trip is self funded and is for a couple of holidays, Hong Kong end of this month and New York and Dubai over the Christmas/New Year period. The rest is a status credit run.

The only query I have, has anyone done the Karachi turnaround, will there be any problem with the 90min turnaround time.
Old Aug 3, 04, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by alect
taxes were on top of that - all quotes will be without taxes, as taxes will depend on your routing and stopovers.
Heard back from Anant ..he gave me a good price on Star Alliance CRWSTAR2 and CRWSTAR3 ex BKK ..without no credit card surcharge.

Now to book and ticket.
Old Aug 3, 04, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by adelaidetaff
Thanks for the info, think I will drop Anant an email

Just for your info, the trip I am planning is as follows:

Stage 1

BKK-KHI-HKG-NRT-MEL

Only stopover will be in HKG

Stage 2

ADL-PER-ADL

Stage 3

SYD-JFK-SJU-DFW-YVR-ORD-MIA-SFO-LHR-HEL-LHR-DXB-LHR-HKG-BKK

Probably use my second area of origin stopover in HKG

The trip is self funded and is for a couple of holidays, Hong Kong end of this month and New York and Dubai over the Christmas/New Year period. The rest is a status credit run.

The only query I have, has anyone done the Karachi turnaround, will there be any problem with the 90min turnaround time.
I don't believe BKK-KHI is a OW services sector? You would need to go via HKG which puts you over the 4 segment limit in Asia.

Search this Thread