IB LHR Lounge Info?

Old Jul 1, 04, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
IB LHR Lounge Info?

I'm flying LAX-LHR via AA in F, then LHR-BCN via IB in J. I know IB has a lounge in LHR, but I'm having a hard time finding information on it. If it's not a very nice lounge, I'll spend as much time as I can in the AA arrivals lounge at LHR (am flying F) in terminal 3 before making my way to terminal 2. I've tried searching on FT, google, aa.com, and iberia.com, but have come up with very little info about IB's lounge.

Any insights?

Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 04, 1:25 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
The IB lounge in T2 is pretty plain, made remarkable only by the surliness of its desk dragons.

If you have the option, why not switch to one of the IB flights operated by BA. These leave T1 where BA's lounge facilities are superior, especially if you hold Emerald status and can access the F section.
Old Jul 2, 04, 10:32 am
Original Poster

This is an AA award, so I'm limited to what I can do unfortunately. Do they have food in the IB lounge? Internet? Showers?

Thanks for the info.
Old Jul 2, 04, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MeLike2Travel
This is an AA award, so I'm limited to what I can do unfortunately. Do they have food in the IB lounge? Internet? Showers?

Thanks for the info.
Never visited the IB lounge, but found this on a Google search; hope it helps:

Iberia: Business Lounge

Location: Heathrow Terminal 2 plus airports across the world, especially Spain and South America

Membership: various executive cardholders; no guests

Description: short-haul flights to Europe. Elegant and comfortable, with plush velvet sofas, burgundy and navy-blue colour scheme, wood floors and big windows with views of the boarding gate

Hospitality: Spanish and English broadsheets and tabloids, including The Times, The Independent, El Pas, Diario, ABC Madrid, International Herald Tribune and Wall Street Journal; Spanish Cava, beer, Douwe Egberts coffee, Danish pastries and croissants in the morning, almonds, cashews, peanuts; television; baggage room with hangers

Business facilities: free internet access. Fax and swipe phones

Shower facilities: none in the UK

Smoking: smoking area adjacent to non-smoking
Old Jul 3, 04, 1:51 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)

Thanks for the info.
No and no. I told you it's plain.
Old Jul 3, 04, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero
Iberia: Business Lounge

Location: Heathrow Terminal 2 plus airports across the world, especially Spain and South America

Membership: various executive cardholders; no guests
cf a violation of OW lounge policy. Anyhow OW Sapphire/Emerald can get in, but I really wouldn't recommend it

Description: short-haul flights to Europe. Elegant and comfortable,

Who are they trying to kid?
Old Jul 3, 04, 3:39 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Smoking: smoking area adjacent to non-smoking
Sorry, I just find this statement to be rather funny... and on several different levels too!
Old Jul 3, 04, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Leumas
Sorry, I just find this statement to be rather funny... and on several different levels too!
Yes, I agree, but then again when it comes to smoking/non smoking, in relation to designated areas, regulations, customs, etc., "Spain is different" (little inside joke).
Old Jul 3, 04, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
No and no. I told you it's plain.
Viajero posted that it has light snacks and internet access, but you said it doesn't. Anyone know which is true?
Old Jul 4, 04, 10:02 am

Programs: AAEXP/Marriott Life Platinum
Viajero posted that it has light snacks and internet access, but you said it doesn't. Anyone know which is true?
Just a couple of weeks ago, I spent more than five (5) hours there, due to "weather". I can say they have very light snacks, and no internet service.
Old Jul 8, 04, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Well that stinks. Guess I won't be spending too much time there.
Old Jul 9, 04, 9:47 am

FWIW, the AA arrivals lounge is nothing to write home about either. It has showers, magazines, biscuits, and some sort of cereal looking thing. Museli or granola or whatever. Too bad you cant use the BA arrivals lounge (assuming you have no status on BA or QF). It is nice. Showers, hot breakfast, workout room, computers, etc.

Search this Thread